Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Thank god for this website

shaggydo7

• Members

I haven't posted on this site since april. I thought it was getting easier and in some way I am a little stronger now. But all of a sudden the waves started coming over me again and I pass through depression, anger and some moments of dispair also.

I lost my mother to lung cancer in Dec. 2011 and my father 3 weeks laters after having been bed-ridden for 12 years after having suffered several strokes due to complicpations from diabetes. There is no handbook to take you tthrough this, at least I haven't found it yet. I just find bits and pieces here and there that help me out and take it one day at a time. One of the things I am really greatful for is this forum. I have to say that reading other's stories here makes me feel as though there is a part of me in everyone and it does give me some confort at times when things seem really blaaaaaaaaack to know there are people I can relate to and know what I am feeling.

I pray for everyone here who is in pain and feeling alone in dispair. God bless you all.

Ruben

• Members

Ruben,

I am sorry to hear you are struggling, but I am glad you are finding support through other people here in this community.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Ruben,

I am sorry to hear you are struggling, but I am glad you are finding support through other people here in this community.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Thank you so much.

Ruben

• Members
BreathofAngel

I haven't posted on this site since april. I thought it was getting easier and in some way I am a little stronger now. But all of a sudden the waves started coming over me again and I pass through depression, anger and some moments of dispair also.

I lost my mother to lung cancer in Dec. 2011 and my father 3 weeks laters after having been bed-ridden for 12 years after having suffered several strokes due to complicpations from diabetes. There is no handbook to take you tthrough this, at least I haven't found it yet. I just find bits and pieces here and there that help me out and take it one day at a time. One of the things I am really greatful for is this forum. I have to say that reading other's stories here makes me feel as though there is a part of me in everyone and it does give me some confort at times when things seem really blaaaaaaaaack to know there are people I can relate to and know what I am feeling.

I pray for everyone here who is in pain and feeling alone in dispair. God bless you all.

Ruben

Dearest (((((((Ruben))))))),

I am very sorry for the physical loss of your beloved Mother and know how devastating that can be to a person.

You are right in that there is no handbook to walk one through the steps to ameliorate the hurt that one inevitably feels after experiencing such a great loss. I too am very grateful for this forum that others can come to to find comfort and people who truly understand what one is going through. One of the great things is that you are not alone! You are never alone because God knows of your pain and comes to you to help make things better. But accepting the situation and then working with God to alleviate the discomfort of the experience is what one needs to do in order to reach a better space. It does not appear possible to just walk out of the situation or "close" the door on it as some think can be done, because it cannot be to those who truly love their Mom, therefore, they cannot 'close' that door on her ever but rather pray to God to sustain them during their time of most difficulty because He is great and is the only one who can truly be the wind beneath your wings!

In times of near despair especially, but at all other times pray The LORDS Prayer and the Twenty-Third Psalm and let those two prayers integrate into your heart with great feeling. Together they can bring great comfort to one who believes! It is also good to pray throughout the day for God to keep you in His comforting and loving arms. He hears our prayers and would never give us more than we can bear.

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." -- MATTHEW 5:4 (KJV)

May God bless you and touch you in a very Special way!

• Members
BreathofAngel

Thank you so much angel.

Ruben

Dearest (((((((Ruben))))))), You are more than welcome. I know that you are not alone because God is by your side and so is your Mom and Dad. You see, love between a child and his dear Mother and Dad never dies! It continues throughout Eternity! Live each day with her in your heart as well as your Dad and you will see how that very thought will help you to move forward in your life as both of them would naturally want for you to do.

I continue to pray for you as you have reached out to this great group and deserve all of the support that is available. Take heart and please know that there will be plenty of sunshine in your life and your sorrow will greatly ease with God by your side!

Walk in Peace and Love always!

Archived