Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my husband of 37 years

Bobbi0712

• Members

BobbiS,

Our stories are similar (unfortunately for us both). My wife and I met when we were 19 and in college. She died June 12th, just 3 days before our 37th wedding anniversary. She battled cancer for 9 months. She was 59, as am I. She was my lover, my wife, the mother of my 3 children and my best friend. My sense of loss and loneliness is overwhelming. I will be seeing a grief counselor and hope to join a bereavement group. I am sorry for your loss. Gary

• Members
guessagain

I feel exactly the same way. My husband and I were married when I was 16 and we were married 41 years. I feel like I'm just floating here waiting for something to happen. Maybe God will take me soon...etc. I go places and to church, I've asked for new Facebook friends, but nothing seems to change. He's been gone over a year now. I don't know how to help anyone because I can't seem to help myself.

• Members

I too met my husband when I was 17. We had 19 great years. I lost him on May of this year. I too feel so lost and scared. I struggle daily. I have taken the first step for some counseling for me and our girls. He is all I have ever known...This is such a stuggle and its just begun...thought I would share..We have to find someway to deal with the heart ache...It hurts so bad....

• Members

Munchkin,

I am so sorry for your loss. You are so young to be a widow. I wish I had a way to make our journey less difficult, but such a way doesn't exist. Surround yourself with as much help as you can get.

I have been told by many that the pain eases as time passes. I hope that is the case because I feel no less pain today than I did on June 12 when my wife's pain ended.

Gary

• Members

I feel like most of you. I met my husband when I was 16. We were together 33 years, married 26. We lost him on may 27th, to a heart attack. I am heartbroken, I just feel so lost, like its all a nightmare, and I can't wake up from it.. He passed away 3 days after our sons' birthday. We have 2 boys, 28, and 22 ( he passed away after the younger sons birthday), and 2 girls- 26, and 8. The kids are having an incredibly hard time. Our oldest son found him, so, it just devastated him. My 8 yr old is taking it very hard, we are all heartbroken. On Fathers Day, we did a balloon release, it was an incredibly sad day.

• Members

Opal,

My wife died after battling cancer for 9 months. There is nothing good about cancer, but there is a fact about it. It gives you some time (but never enough) to say things and do things that you may not have said or done if the death were sudden.

I am so sorry for your loss and your children's loss. I have 3 sons, 26, 24 and 22.

Gary

• Members

We would be married 32 years September 20. We were together constantly, but after he got sick we were together even more. I am the one that found him. I had no ideal anything was wrong when I got out of bed just thought he was turned the other way. He had to turn that away a lot since being on oxygen. I got up got his coffee ready and went outside, i made noise and wondered why he didn't hear me then i went to check on him. I had to call my son at work he drove about 95 miles per hour to get home crying and texting people to tell them, so I am glad he got home. My heart is just broken I don't know how to go on.

Archived