Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
kelly

Prayer Requests

palmtwee   

My beloved best friend and Mother Olive passed away a week ago today. I am trying to make it through one day at a time. She had a severe bleeding type stroke December 23rd and only lingered three more weeks because we tried to "save her" with a drainage tube and other things to buy her time. I am grateful however for the little time we did have to "say goodbye" to her. She could understand us, though could not speak, she did respond with a little bit of hand strength and eye movements. I do not know why she had to leave us at this time, although I guess anytime death comes it is not the "right time". She was 86, people say she had a full life, yes she did, but I keep thinking, she could have had a few more years, she had her memory, she had more stories to tell. We all still needed her so much. My Dad and brother needed her the most. And now my sister is causing problems and I am losing her too. At least I have not lost my Dad and brother, they will be coming to stay with me and my husband for a while.

Mama Olive I miss you so much, but I am glad you don't have to live on paralyzed and not able to speak or swallow. Please, I need some prayers to get over this, to get me through each day, to ease my sorrow, to give me strength and hope in the future. I am half my mothers age, so I probably have so much longer to live, I hope I can do good on earth without having her around to talk to and to listen to. I love you Mom.

Dear Palmtwee, I am praying for you. You will never get "over it", but you will get over the hurdles, as you said, one day at a time. My mother is still with me, but she shares with me all the time how she feels about losing her mom--18 years ago. She still misses her, and she still cries sometimes, especially on special dates she remembers like birthday, mother's day, etc. You had a precious gift in having a little extra time to share with your mom and say good-bye. I admire your courage and your deisre to do good with your life. You have friends here now, and we are always here if you need to share, cry, vent, laugh, whatever... God bless you and lift you up to see that Hope you desire. Love, Claudia

P.s. I lost my son Joey on July 31st, 2006. While I personally still have my mom, I do know the excruciating pain and loneliness of heavy loss. I am praying for you...

A friend of mine is having a hard time, and she lives kind of far from me, so I can't be with her alot. She's been in and out of jail for acting out a few times and I'm very concerned about her. Last night she called me to her house, and by the time I got there, she didn't answer the phone or the door. I pounded on the door and windows, screamed her name, and she still didn't come to the door. I told myself that she was okay, and maybe she was in the bathroom. I sat in my car and waited for 10 minutes, and then she called my cell phone. She told me that she couldn't open the door because she broke her hand fighting with her sister and she was in the bathroom and the door was locked, and that all the windows were locked, and that there was no way I could get in without breaking a window. Her, being a good friend of mine, I was worried, so I got a neighbor boy from down the street to lift me up and break the bathroom window. When I got in there, she was sitting up against the door, and she had blood coming down her neck and wrists. She said that the one on her neck was from her sister. I then immideatley called her dad and told him that I was taking her to the hospital. He refused to let me. And where I live you have to have parental consent to take a minor to the hospital. Her dad woulnd't let me. Before I left, feeling completley helpless, I made her dad promise that he would have someone stay with her for the next few days. And he promised. But I'm still worried about her...And can't loose her to. She my best friend. I don't know what there is that I can do.

I've also lost my mother too in 2004, and just recently lost my sister July 26th, 2006. I'm only 17, and it's very hard. How old was Joey? If that's okay to ask?

Joey was 7 days from turning 24. But I can remember my own life at 17, and then again what it was like when Joey was 17. It's a hard enough time in life, with all of the changes from teenager to young adult. You are an extraordinary young woman, and you have endured extraordinary circumstances. To have your level of strengtha nd courage, to think of your friend's needa dn got to battle for her in whatever problems she is facing... I am proud of you! I don;t know you, but I can honestly say I am proud of you. Life is tough, and it can be cruel and unfair, but you are growing into a deeply compassionate and loving young woman. Keep on fighting that good fight! Some day not so far away, I believe you will find peace and joy and true happiness.

I do hope your friend is OK. I will be praying for both of you. Love, Claudia

I just wanted to say to anyone who prayed for my friend, she is doing well now. Her Boyfriend is with her as often as he can be. I saw her tonight and it was a wonder time. We played in the snow like we were little kids again, then came inside and warmed up to a nice warm blaket, a couch and a movie. I had fun. I'm just so thankful that she is still here. Thanks for keeping her in your prayers.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I have a blood diorder called Myloid . I have to take a pill every day to keep it under control. My white cells are very low now from taking the medicine called Gleevec. I would like for you to pray for me , that God will touch my body. Shirley Handy

Father in Heaven, Sometimes we don't understand the specifics of th ethings we must endure in our lives. But we do know that trials in life bring us to a crossroads. We can choose to trust your will and your ways, or we can turn away. Thank you for planting seeds of seeking that soften our hearts and humble us to come to you for our ever need. Father I pray that you would comfort Shirley and bring her peace in the trial she is facing with Myloid. I pray that you guide the doctors and medical staff with wisdom in traeting this ailment. Father I pray that you touch Shirley's body and bring her healing. Thank you for all of the blessings in our lives, and thank you for the greatest gift of grace that alows us to come to you directly in our darkest times and in all seasons of our lives. We love you, worship you, and pray for the diligence to honor you and abide in you in all we do. Thank you for hearing us Lord, and for never leaving us. I give thanks and ask these things in the precious name of our Lord & Savior, Jesus. Amen!

SHirley, may the hand of God and the peace of our Lord bring you comfort and healing. Love & Hugs, Claudia

I wanted to share something I saw on an email and thought this would be the right place:

"When you reach the end of your rope

you will find the hem of HIS garment"

May we all remember who is with us each and every step of this journey.

Amen Mofirefly! And thanks for your great comment posted to my blog site. I'm so glad you enjoyed reading. I posted last week again. Trying to decide what to write about for next time. It's one adventure after another here. Bless you dear friend. Hugs, Claudia

With mother's day just around the corner I've come here to join with many others on these boards - and claim a scripture that was refered to on the loss of mother forum

Where two or three are gathered in my name, there I will be in the mist of them

Not sure I got that worded correctly - but as tomorrow approches as the first mother's day for so many and the 2nd, 3rd, etc. for so many others, may we unite in prayer and ask that the Lord hold on to us and carry us thru.

The Lord is my strenth and my salvation, whom shall I fear

I want to claim that scripture to help me and others so we can be freed of being so afraid of how we will be able to handle all the days ahead of us.

Everyone take care!

Candy, Thank you so much. I absolutely agree! God bless you Sister! And I wish you a peace filled mothers day with love and blessings. -Claudia

Mofirefly,

The Lord is my strenth and my salvation, whom shall I fear. Today I claim it also. Thank you so much for sharing. Peace and blessings, Jackie

PS, this year my little brother got to spend Mothers Day with our Mom in Heaven. I am rejoicing.

VERY SAD NEWS...

My daughter just came home from school today and told me that a 17 year old girl from her highschool was in a car crash on Friday morning and passed away on Saturday. Her name is Beth Anne...can you all please pray for her and her family to help them through this difficult time. Thank you all so much for including her in your prayers. Cindy

bunnyrun   

My mother Judy has cancer and is now on hospice. I know the time she has is limited and that is a fact I have to face even though I don't want to as it's hard to take. Please pray that she will be able to take her trip to Alaska in June and finish the things she want before she is called to the next journey. I'm not asking for forever as it would be selfish of me as I know she is in pain and that's not fair to her. Believe me that is the hardest statement for me to write.

Thank You, and I'm praying for everyone

Theresa

wadesmom   

bunnyrun,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother.

cindyinalaska,

My prayers are also with Beth Anne's family. Please let her parents know that the BI website is full of caring , wonderful people that have also had to travel down this path that no parent should ever have to take. Sometimes just viewing the posts each day gives me insight,and it allows me to realize that others also have had to experience the same type of loss that I have, yet most of all the BI website is full of caring people who are always willing to listen, and we care because we can relate in several ways, because we've had to take this journey.

Take care

Wadesmom

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you for your prayers for Beth's family. We live in a town of only 1,600 so the loss of Beth has devastated so many people in this small town. I feel bad for her parents, family, siblings, and friends. If I get the opportunity to tell Beths family about Beyond Indigo, I will...it has been the wonderful people that I have met here at BI that have helped me move through the grief process of losing my dad this past December. Thank you all so much for caring. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Cindy

My mother had a follow up sonogram after a mammogram and doctors found a shadow in one breast. I pray that this is nothing, and she has to go back for another sonogram and biopsy. She is nervous, but I am trying to stay strong. I am very worried about her and am asking everyone here to pray for her health. I will do the same for all of you in return. I am very scared about this. I pray she is okay. All prayers are welcome to wish my mother good health. The good thoughts and prayers will come back to all of you in return. Blessings to all.

I'm keeping your mother in prayer. Let us know here what goes on. You also have my prayers and blessings. God Bless You

deb

Thank you so much. My mother's name is Deb too. I really appreciate your kind thoughts and words. It means more than I can ever say. May your kindness return to you ten fold.

Brujablanca - May God give you strength to be with your mom during this time of waiting, and may He also guide you when you get more results. If you get time, please keep those of us here posted on what is happening. Take care.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I need the support moreso now, because I found out that my father has an enlarged prostate and must get that checked. I don't know why these things are happening but I pray that I can deal with this. Your thoughts and prayers mean so much to me. Thank you for all your support while I am trying to stay strong. I am worried about them, but am hopeful that the tests will be negative of any illness. My God I don't know how I am coping. Thank you so much. I will keep you all posted on what goes on.