Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Impatiently Waiting

SammieDoll

• Members

I woke up this past Easter Sunday to my dog Misty rolling around on the bed next to me. I played with her for a minute before I checked my phone for any messages. I decided to look up a video about an actress I really like who was proposed to on camera. It was such a sweet story that I bookmarked it to show my fiance Michael when he woke up. I hugged him from behind as we both lay there in bed and I noticed how cold he was. I rubbed his side & commented on him being cold. We had to shut the heat off because we were testing the pipes in our house. I got up, went to the bathroom, got changed for church & put eyeliner on. I went to the dresser to get money for offering and to ask Mikie to walk our Misty when I noticed that he didn't look right. I panicked and called 911. It was around 11:30am when I saw him, and the medical examiner said he died in his sleep at around 6am. That was only an hour & a half after we fell asleep. The cause of death was determined to be Dilated Cardiomyopathy.

The night before he said he was feeling cold and wanted to 'snuggies'. I didn't think to take him to the hospital so we went to bed. Mikie was overweight and when he hugged me he put his full weight on me. I told him to move because he was so heavy. That was the last thing I said to him when he was alive. Mikie was only 32. We were going to be in our house for a year on April 20th, and we were supposed to get married in October. We loved that house and were excited to finally begin the next chapter of our lives together. We were supposed to raise our kids in that house & grow old together. He was my very best friend and I feel so lost right now. I've been living with his parents as I can't afford to keep the house by myself and we have to sell it.

I can say that I have no regrets because nothing went unsaid. MIke was a genuinely good person, and he made me good. The line for his wake literally went around the block, and I see that as a testament to how many lives he's touched. Below is a link to his online obituary. I apologize if it's morbid to post that, but I keep looking at the pictures of him as a child and it hurts because I'll never know what our children would have looked like. I feel like I'm just waiting until G*d or whomever decides it's my time to go. I just hope he's waiting for me.

http://obits.dignity...03&locale=en_US

• Members

I am so very sorry for your loss. No matter what the circumstances are or the age of the loved one we lose, it is incredibly painful. But when I learn of someone as young as your fiancee dying, it makes me extremely sad. I read his obituary and looked at all of the pictures and they paint the picture of a happy, loving family.

I lost my husband of 32 years on April 17th and hate living my life without him. I do have two sons and a beautiful granddaughter who help me get by day to day. I hope you have a strong support system to help you get through this painful time in your young life.

• Members

Me and our daughter woke up to my husband dead....We havent received the time or anything yet.. I just know that he was snoring at 12:30 am. I constantly look at his pics and wrap myself in his robe

We where together for 19yrs, since I was 17. I function but, I feel like a walking zombie that has to fucntion because I have to raise our 2 girls. We have ran a business together for the last 10ys and I can longer run it without him..so on top of loosing my bestfriend I have to find a job, maybe sell the house and God knows what else. Being here in mourning every second of the day..I talk with him sometimes and other times I just cry and cry. i still cant believe that he is gone! I came accross your post and thought I would breifly share my story..I'm very lost without him, I find no comfort in anything

I woke up this past Easter Sunday to my dog Misty rolling around on the bed next to me. I played with her for a minute before I checked my phone for any messages. I decided to look up a video about an actress I really like who was proposed to on camera. It was such a sweet story that I bookmarked it to show my fiance Michael when he woke up. I hugged him from behind as we both lay there in bed and I noticed how cold he was. I rubbed his side & commented on him being cold. We had to shut the heat off because we were testing the pipes in our house. I got up, went to the bathroom, got changed for church & put eyeliner on. I went to the dresser to get money for offering and to ask Mikie to walk our Misty when I noticed that he didn't look right. I panicked and called 911. It was around 11:30am when I saw him, and the medical examiner said he died in his sleep at around 6am. That was only an hour & a half after we fell asleep. The cause of death was determined to be Dilated Cardiomyopathy.

The night before he said he was feeling cold and wanted to 'snuggies'. I didn't think to take him to the hospital so we went to bed. Mikie was overweight and when he hugged me he put his full weight on me. I told him to move because he was so heavy. That was the last thing I said to him when he was alive. Mikie was only 32. We were going to be in our house for a year on April 20th, and we were supposed to get married in October. We loved that house and were excited to finally begin the next chapter of our lives together. We were supposed to raise our kids in that house & grow old together. He was my very best friend and I feel so lost right now. I've been living with his parents as I can't afford to keep the house by myself and we have to sell it.

I can say that I have no regrets because nothing went unsaid. MIke was a genuinely good person, and he made me good. The line for his wake literally went around the block, and I see that as a testament to how many lives he's touched. Below is a link to his online obituary. I apologize if it's morbid to post that, but I keep looking at the pictures of him as a child and it hurts because I'll never know what our children would have looked like. I feel like I'm just waiting until G*d or whomever decides it's my time to go. I just hope he's waiting for me.

• Members

I can relate to how you are feeling. I lost my love to heart disease on April 14. She was only 43 years old and was in the hospital waiting for a heart transplant. It has been sheer agony for the last two months. We too were going to get married, after she got her transplant and recovered, and now we will never get to experience our happily ever after. I know that we will be reunited again and she will be waiting for me. I'm finding that some days are better than others, but mostly it's just painful. The one thing that helps is talking about what you are going through and talking about your loved one, so keep on talking. I have started counseling and I find it to be helpful and I would highly recommend it.

• Members
Miss_Dannii

Hi Sammie. My name is Dani. I also lost my fiance, Ste, on April 13th this year. He was 25 and we'd been together since we were 13. He also died in bed beside me, of a heart attack. If you ever want to talk you can email me, danikagrogan@gmail.com

I feel the same as you, that I hope he's waiting for me and that I don't have to live a long life without him..

Here's his Obituary

http://www.announcement.ie/16003412

Dani x

• Members

I'd have thought that my faith in God would have wavered if not been destroyed by this, but I have to believe that if I'm good I'll see Mikie one day. I'm also unsure of how bereavement groups may help me. The fact that all of you are suffering so much just hurts. I hate to think that anyone is feeling the way that my family and I are hurting. I truly feel for you and pray that we can get through this.

• Members

I feel comfort on here because there is you and others that we can relate too. I get so sick of hearing people tell me that they dont know what I am going through. I know that our pains come from different levels but we have all lost someone that we truely love and that we want to see so bad..I know that I cant wait to see my husband again. Here I lost him in May, but it feels like I have been here for a long time. My whole world was around him and our girls. We did everything together..We owned a business, had lunch everyday together...just did everything and now I have to do it all alone. I have to find a dfferent business adventure and raise our girls has a single parent.. I hate that he left me behind!! Thanks for listening

Archived