Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

"Angry about nothing"

veestar123

• Members
veestar123

On 2010 i lost my baby brother to a rare form of tumor. At the time i was 15, a sophmore in high school with plenty of friends and a very loving boyfriend, but soon after my brothers death things changed drastically. My friends stopped talking to me and i only had my boyfriend by my side. But slowly i started feeling angry, and i never knew why. I dont know if it was that a day before my brothers death i had spent the night at the homecoming game or if it was that i didnt cry that much at his funeral. I dont even know if its because im mad at myself. But nobody understands my anger. I feel myself getting more depressed and more angry. My boyfriend, who is barely with me anymore, tells me i am crazy and if i have no reason to be angry i shouldnt complain to him about it. I just dont know what to do anymore because i dont know why im angry, so i dont know how to fix it. I feel like im going crazy.

V

• Members

Veestar,

Anger is a completely normal part of grieving. Perhaps you can talk to a professional, like a school counselor about your anger. Also, have you talked to your parents? There are groups called grief and loss self-help groups that also allow you to be with others who have experienced similar tragedies. Perhaps you can find one to try out?

Keeping a journal also helps. Try daily or even once a week writing in a notebook how you are feeling and why. OR have you thought about writing a story or a song about your brother? Those are things that may help you get your angry feelings out.

Do you know why you are angry? Why do you think you are angry? Are you angry at God? Are you angry at people? Are you angry because he died and you lived? Are you angry because it seems unfair? Can you describe your anger?

We will be here to support you.

ModKonnie

Archived