Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So Young

AAC9412

• Members

I met the love of my life when i was merely 11 years old. This boy was my best friend and entire world for five long years. I know what most people think, you were so young you never know what would've happened and to that i just laugh. This boy and I were extremely close i told him everything and he to me. We had seen each other go through some rough patches. He was an alcoholic, and right before he passed was working on sobriety. He had 7 months in before he passed away, it doesnt seem long but for him that was excellent.

He joined the service a year after he graduated high school, and was more than proud to serve our country. I was upset at first, how do you expect a freshman in high school to be a military girlfriend? And even though we had our share of issues i stuck by his side, constantly writing and receiving letters while he was away, cherishing the quick but wonderful phone calls. He ended up getting stationed in TN for awhile and even though he loved it, i was sad to not have him home. I still again stayed by his side, remaining faithful, and close to him and his family as well.

He came home on leave in November '10 and it was the happiest week of my life. I spent every moment with him catching up on things that had gone by in the past years. We also began talking about our future. It was decided when he came home again on leave and after I was 18 we would be married, well elope. And when he finally came home for good we would have an actual wedding and the fairy tale i always wanted. It was a dream come true, to marry my best friend in the world and to know he was going to be here for me no matter what.

He was deployed a few weeks later, and that was the second hardest thing i've ever been through. I watched him walk to his plane the biggest smile on his face mouthing i love you back in my direction. If i would have known that was the last time i was to see him alive i would've held on to him for as long as i could and constantly remind him how much i loved him, and that he meant everything to me.

March 26, 2011, one week before my 17 birthday My world was altered forever. I received the phone call that he was in bad shape, and that his mother had chosen to take him off his life support, i was devastated. I instantly crashed to the ground and burst into tears. I was filled with so many emotions i didnt know what to do, so i cried. For days i cried and cried. I tried to go on with life as normal as possible, attending school and going to work, but nothing eased the pain. I was heartbroken beyond repair.

It is now a year later and things are as rough as ever. I lost not only my love, but my best friend. After i turned 18 i called his mom crying telling her how badly i wanted him to come home. Every morning before school i wake up, shower, make hot chocolate (it was his favorite) and sit on the porch and wait, Wait for him to come running up to me, waiting to see him, to hear his voice for anything, even though i know its nearly impossible. I will be graduating here in a couple months and it breaks my heart toknow he wont be there to see me hit that milestone. He wont be my husband or the father of my kids. He's no longer here and i feel completely alone.

It scares me because i am so young, i have a huge fear of stepping into the dating world, and trying that again. I still wear the rings he gave me every single day, though i moved them to my right hand i always have them with me. I dont really know the point in writing this whole story, maybe i needed to get it off my chest, or maybe someone understands.

• Members

Thank you for sharing your story. You are young, and you have experienced a terrible tragedy. Eventually, and it will take some time, you will be able to process this all and even smile in fondness when you remember him.

You need to keep talking about your loss, and how you feel. It will help. Have you told anyone else about your feelings. Do you share with friends or your parents?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I met the love of my life when i was merely 11 years old. This boy was my best friend and entire world for five long years. I know what most people think, you were so young you never know what would've happened and to that i just laugh. This boy and I were extremely close i told him everything and he to me. We had seen each other go through some rough patches. He was an alcoholic, and right before he passed was working on sobriety. He had 7 months in before he passed away, it doesnt seem long but for him that was excellent.

He joined the service a year after he graduated high school, and was more than proud to serve our country. I was upset at first, how do you expect a freshman in high school to be a military girlfriend? And even though we had our share of issues i stuck by his side, constantly writing and receiving letters while he was away, cherishing the quick but wonderful phone calls. He ended up getting stationed in TN for awhile and even though he loved it, i was sad to not have him home. I still again stayed by his side, remaining faithful, and close to him and his family as well.

He came home on leave in November '10 and it was the happiest week of my life. I spent every moment with him catching up on things that had gone by in the past years. We also began talking about our future. It was decided when he came home again on leave and after I was 18 we would be married, well elope. And when he finally came home for good we would have an actual wedding and the fairy tale i always wanted. It was a dream come true, to marry my best friend in the world and to know he was going to be here for me no matter what.

He was deployed a few weeks later, and that was the second hardest thing i've ever been through. I watched him walk to his plane the biggest smile on his face mouthing i love you back in my direction. If i would have known that was the last time i was to see him alive i would've held on to him for as long as i could and constantly remind him how much i loved him, and that he meant everything to me.

March 26, 2011, one week before my 17 birthday My world was altered forever. I received the phone call that he was in bad shape, and that his mother had chosen to take him off his life support, i was devastated. I instantly crashed to the ground and burst into tears. I was filled with so many emotions i didnt know what to do, so i cried. For days i cried and cried. I tried to go on with life as normal as possible, attending school and going to work, but nothing eased the pain. I was heartbroken beyond repair.

It is now a year later and things are as rough as ever. I lost not only my love, but my best friend. After i turned 18 i called his mom crying telling her how badly i wanted him to come home. Every morning before school i wake up, shower, make hot chocolate (it was his favorite) and sit on the porch and wait, Wait for him to come running up to me, waiting to see him, to hear his voice for anything, even though i know its nearly impossible. I will be graduating here in a couple months and it breaks my heart toknow he wont be there to see me hit that milestone. He wont be my husband or the father of my kids. He's no longer here and i feel completely alone.

It scares me because i am so young, i have a huge fear of stepping into the dating world, and trying that again. I still wear the rings he gave me every single day, though i moved them to my right hand i always have them with me. I dont really know the point in writing this whole story, maybe i needed to get it off my chest, or maybe someone understands.

I am so so sorry for your loss,i know your pain,i feel it,and i am living and breathing the pain this very moment.The love of my life just tragically died weeks ago,death came in my door and shook my hand real hard and i have never been the same.i cry daily,see her everywhere ,think of alll that may have been,the nights are so long and the pain so deep.Blessings to you.

• Members

i am so sorry for your loss.i lost my boyfriend 3 months back.he was just 21.it hurts that he was so young and was not given the oppurtunity to live his dreams.i always knew that he was my true love and had been in love with him for four years.he too was my best friend and the only person i have ever been close to..he understood me so well..i miss the way he used to take care of me and the way he used to bring sunshine to my life..i used to forget my every big or small trouble after talking to him..we had dreamt of having a family together in future and it hurts that i will have to live my life without him now.i am just trying to get through my pain each and every day.it will be hard,but try to be happy at times.dont forget that he always wanted you to be happy..and so now all you can do for him is to try keeping yourself in good condition.you must grieve though when you feel like.hope you are doing fine.take care.

• Moderators

All things being equal, to me the younger someone is if they leave us, the worse it is. Frankly I have heard people bemoaning the loss of a grandparent in their 80s or whatever and get very angry, which I know is wrong, but they lived about as long as one can expect - talk to me when you've lost someone well before their time. Then I think of people who lost someone far younger than my beloved and realize it's all relative. To be lost in one's 20s or teens? My God. The worst of course are children, not even teens. Breaks my heart just to hear about them, for them and their parents above all. Best to all of you.

Archived