Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Thank you for all your support

amberlea

• Members

I want to thank everyone who posted a note of support for me.  It did help me as I was feeling so low that day.  The good news is that Norm made it off the breathing machine and out of ICU to a long term care hospital.  We had enough medicare days left so they took him for 25 days.  It gives me some breathing room.  Then I will have to get him home and then it will be a waiting game.  I will support him in everyway as you all have said cherish every day.  As you all know if love alone could make him better he would be 100 percent.  But that is not the way it works.  Again thanks for the kindwords of wisdom and I still remain Norms wife.

• Members
missyouhoney811

[align=left]Amberlea, after reading your post it took me back to when my John was on his last ten days with Medicare.  I don't know if the hospital social service helped you in getting the additional 60 days that medicare puts into reserve.  If they haven't please check into it.  Everyone that is on medicare has the 60 day reserve.  I guess not too many people know about it that are employed at the hospital.  I realize what you are going through.  My husband spent 143 days in the hospital and 99 were in the ICU until he passed. 

Blessings,

Dorothy

[/align]

Archived