Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my husband

kathy714

• Members

Hi ,my name is Kathy,i loss my son Nathan 3 years ago Jan31st on his 21st birthday ,and i posted everyday on loss of a child.Then in August my husband John became really ill ,he had been battling cancer since 2002,and he was doing ok until it spread to lymph nodes ,then brain and bone.John passed jan 9th day before his 53rd birthday. i have one other son who is married and i have 2 grandaughters,and i am lucky that they live close,but i now do live by myself and that hasn't happened ever,this is new for me.My heart is so broken and i don't really think the fact that John is no longer here has really hit me yet,we were married for 27 years,plus i met him when i was 15 and instantly fell in love,i never imagined my life without him in it,losing my son Nathan was devastating enough,I JUST DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE IT IN ME TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN.....T/C Kathy

• Members

Kathy,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband died 39 days ago. I can't even begain to know the pain of loosing both a son and husband. My husband was not sick and died with 5 mins of a heart attack, my older son and I were with him. I was questioning every day why? I know god has reasons we will find out one day ourselfs. I will pray for you.

Susan

• Members

Kathy I am sorry for your loss. Please just take one day at a time. I know the pain of loosing the only man that you ever loved I lost my husband on October 12,2007. He was only sick for 9 months before he passed or I should say that was how long we knew. Come back often and talk to us we all know what you are going through. If it was not for this place I am not sure where I would be right now.

Take as long as you need to greive and don't let anyone take that away from you. I have had days that I could get out of bed and just go and then days that just seem they will never end. But I am finding that each day I feel somewhat better than the day before.

Lela

• Members

Kathy,  I am so sorry to hear about your double loss.  One is hard enough!  I have lost a husband who I felt about just like you did yours, but have never lost a child.  However, I lost my younger brother when I was 14 and watched my parents deal with losing him.  I don't think my mother was ever the same afterwards.  Please take you time working your way through this double whamy.  One loss on top of another is very hard to deal with.  You hardly know where the feelings of one loss ends and the other begins.  They do run together and overlap.  Be very kind to yourself and take your time.  Don't feel you have to perform for anyone or be on anyone else's schedule.  I'm praying for you.  ~Oneta

Archived