Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
livelovelaugh

drowned dog

I am currently in agony after my dad's little yorkie drowned in the fish pond 3 days ago while I was visiting.  I live an hour away and went to lto his house for lunch with my wife and 3 children.  I heard my stepmother scream and she, my dad and I ran out to find the other yorkie getting out of the pond and little Chloe under the ice.  My dad, weighing 280 lbs, had difficulty cracking the ice where she had floated to but after 30 seconds was able to get through.  He pulled her limp body out of the water and handed her to my stepmother.  She was too frantic to do anything so I took her and started CPR, as my dad said he saw her paddling just before breaking through the ice.  I am a physical therapist and thoroughly trained in CPR so I had no problem jumping right into it.  I performed CPR for a few minutes outside and on the way to the vet's office, who had met us at his office just 2 minutes away.  He checked her and she had no heart beat.  By that time it was ~ 10 minutes since we had pulled her out.  He said she was gone.  I have never felt so terrible in my life.  I continue to see her little face under the water and her limp body pulled out.  I never considered failing to revive her and am having a lot of difficulty accepting it. 

livelovelaugh,

I hope that you and your family find peace knowing your little yorkie crossed over the rainbow bridge.  Who will be waiting to greet you once again.  I hope that as time goes on you will feel better.  It has been 4 weeks since we lost Tuffy, and each day we feel blessed for him being a part of our lives.