Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What to Do for Grieving Children?

vbvoice

• Members

The toughest part for me was telling my two young children on Halloween morning that their mommy died in a car accident after their Halloween party.

My best friend who is a high school counselor recommended Comfort Zone Camp. It's a bereavement camp for kids 7 - 17 who have lost parents, guardians, siblings, etc. Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for this organization, especially for how much it helped my son open up and express himself. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

Please recommend families who have children in need of this kind of help to Comfort Zone Camp and please consider donating to help them serve more kids across the country since they are 100% supported by private donations.

• Members
BreathofAngel

Justin Young Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

"The toughest part for me was telling my two young children on Halloween morning that their mommy died in a car accident after their Halloween party.

"My best friend who is a high school counselor recommended Comfort Zone Camp. It's a bereavement camp for kids 7 - 17 who have lost parents, guardians, siblings, etc. Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for this organization, especially for how much it helped my son open up and express himself. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

Please recommend families who have children in need of this kind of help to Comfort Zone Camp and please consider donating to help them serve more kids across the country since they are 100% supported by private donations. "

Dear (((((Justin))))),

For some reason the direct quoted transfer did not succeed but your message is still included.

It has been a few months since you posted this, I see that no one had replied. For that I apologize to you as your account of what happened to your wife and your children's Mother was tragic and someone should have responded sooner.

Please accept my condolences for the physical loss of your wife, Justin. I know a tragedy such as this often comes when least expected and the family finds itself at a tremendous loss without a wife and Mother. We send you much love and hope, along with our prayers, in that you and your family are doing better.

This is an excellent website for children who are mourning the loss of a parent.

http://www.ehow.com/...ng-parents.html

May God bless you and your children and if you get to see this response, please know that we are here for you and that you are always welcome to update us with any messages you care to post. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------

Are you breathing right now and alive?

Then there's real HOPE for you! Don't

give up! Instead, give yourself a Chance! -- BoA

Archived