Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

3 weeks ago today we lost our beloved son

terry-anne

• Members

lost my son 3 weeks ago in a car accident. my son and the driver passed, as well as, the driver and passenger of the other vehicle. all under the age of 20. still in shock, i believe. i'm taking baby steps and just allowing myself to feel the pain a bit at a time. that is all i can say right now.

Cole's Mom

• Members

Cory's Mom

I too lost a 16 year old son to a completely preventable car crash on 6-19-2008 - the day the world stood still for us.

So sorry you have a reason to be here, but here is the place to be when a piece of yourself has died.

Most of us post on the Loss of an Adult Child thread. Even thought Brian was not an adult, I am accepted without question and you will too.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Cole's Mom,

My name is Susan. My daughter, Shannon, was killed in a car accident on September 20, 2011. She was 16 years old. I am so very sorry that you have lost your child. There are really no words to describe the depth of pain, shock, disbelief and sorrow that we face after the death of a child. Please post in the Loss of An Adult Child thread. It is very active, and you will be embraced and supported by all the parents who post there. There will be no judgement. You will be safe. Scream, rage, rant, cry....pour your heart and soul out there. We understand what others do not understand....we "get it". Tell us about your son, yourself, your family and post pictures when you feel you are ready. There are others farther along on this journey than us, and they help light the way for us and give hope to us. Prayers to you as you go through this most difficult journey.

Archived