Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Here and Confused

dustie

• Members

I am very new to this site and I don't know where to post this.  I am just so very confused.  In the last 4 weeks I have had 3 people close to me die very quickly and unexpected.  In addition to that I was just informed that 2 additional people (mother/daughter) have been given a terminal diagnosis.  Its a mother/daughter situation.  The mother is in her 70's and was given 6-12 months but the daughter 55yrs was given 2-3 weeks.  So sad.....mother is caring for dyeing daughter.

Just having a very hard time understanding the first three deaths without this on top of it.  TOO MUCH TOO SOON. 

Just needed to vent.  Thanks for listening/reading.

Dustie

• Members

Yes it can get worse.  I just lost another.  5 weeks ago there were 4 more people in my life than today.  Why?  I lost 4 people.  In 5 weeks.  Can someone help me to understand this?

Dustie

• Members

Dustie - Oh how I wish there were words I could type here that would help you to understand what is happening to you - unfortunately, I can't think of anything that helps us understand the times when we lose those we care so deeply about.  If it helps you (as it does me and others) you can come to this site and type (pound) out your feelings and questions - as I've discovered that it helps to do that, kind a like releasing all the pent up emotions you are having.  Reading others posts is also a help, because you see that others have survived multiple losses - and even tho each and every one of us here experiences loss in our own way, it has been quite helpful to see that we are not alone.  I do hope you have support of others around you - but these boards are here 24/7 and give tremendous support.  Please take care of yourself as you try to be strong for others.  (((((HUGS)))))

• Members

hi, hope you are ok, i am terribly sorry for your losses. i lost 4 close relatives in the space of 3 years and at a very vunerable time. my mum was the first to go when i was 10, and i have had to grow up so fast. it is 10 years ago this year and seems like just yesterday, i find that i imagine everyone around me dying in so horrid way, i know this is probs not helping and the last thing i want is to upset you further, it is the worst thing for anyone to go through, but it does get easier. hope you are ok, and remember it is ok to feel uphappy, dont feel like you have to be happy all the time, it is understandable that you feel down. :)

• Members

I am so sorry for all the loss in your life.. such sadness and pain, I know.   

On June 6th 2004, my grandmother passed away, we became close at the end of her life and I will always cherish that forever. I miss her but I know that she doesn't have anymore pain....           5 weeks later brother Mark passed away he, took his own life,  I miss him dearly, everyday he is in my thoughts, but I still haven't and don't know how to deal with his loss....                       Only 1 year later on the same day, our cusin committed suicide....   This horbile shock brought all that fresh sadness back to the surface....  not only that, a close family friend died that same week.  It has been really hard to deal with all this loss.                                                     Our animals are everything to us and we have had to put down 2 dogs and a cat in a year and a half they were all long time friends, very dear to us.... The one dog was like a best friend for so many years.....                                                                                                                 So to top this all off, 2 nights ago  my father ended up in the hospital for attempting suicide.  I am so scared... I can't loose him too.  Will he try again? The confusion is very very hard to deal with....  suicide to me is death, not survival.  I am greaving so deep inside. I know now it is time to get some help and start to deal with this all.   I just stumbled onto this site, and glad that I have...  anyone else dealing with suicide?

....pleasenomore....

• Members

Pleasenomore - There are specific threads on this site that are set up for  those trying to understand or just coming to terms with the loss of a loved one through Suicide.  It is Suicide Survivors: Help for People Left Behind Its a forum for the people left behind after suicide. 

As with many of those who post here, I wish I had some magic words of comfort or wisdom that would allow the pain of loss to be easier,  Unfortnately I have none.

I can only tell you that finding this site and the gentle souls within gives me strength and most definitely 'a soft place to land' when it all becomes too much.

I am so sorry for your losses, each one building on the first refusing to let us heal.

Today is my mums birthday, she died May 05, just after her 80th birthday, just short of my 50th year.  Mike, my son died Jan 07.  The only light for me is that he now joins my parents in a place I know is filled with love and peace for them all.

Blessed be - Trudi

Archived