Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my almost 3 year old grandson one week ago

momma anne

• Members

I lost my grandson one week ago and I'm so torn apart, there is a big hole where my heart used to be. my son took him to ER because he has asthma and was having trouble breathing, they diagnosed him with pneumonia and sent him home with some meds. His mom took him back to ER 6 hours later and he had strept on top of the pneumonia and asthma and they sent him home again, he died of cardiac arrest from breathing so hard 5 hours later. Why did they not admit him or send him off if they could not care for him, why send him home to "get better" I now find out the hospital was at "full census" well it's my understanding if you are at full census you send out if emergent, is it because of his last name? his insurance? I wish I could switch places with him, I have lived a good life and his parents, aunts need him. To top it off I'm the sole caretaker for my 75 year old mom and I feel such bitterness towards her because she is here and he is gone, she always complained about my daughter (who is 6) and my grandson running and making noise. I feel I need to put her in a nursing home now. How can I help my son and Landon's mommy if I can't help myself? how do I answe my 6 year old daughters question "why can't god fix landon and send him back" how do I take the pain away? and realize I will never see him again? I'm questioning god if there is one which I have to believe if i ever want to see him again. I'm going crazy.......

• Members
lindsaygirl1984

I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my little brother just over a year ago and I also find myself questioning my faith, which I find scary, and leaves me feeling guilty.

I lost my grandson one week ago and I'm so torn apart, there is a big hole where my heart used to be. my son took him to ER because he has asthma and was having trouble breathing, they diagnosed him with pneumonia and sent him home with some meds. His mom took him back to ER 6 hours later and he had strept on top of the pneumonia and asthma and they sent him home again, he died of cardiac arrest from breathing so hard 5 hours later. Why did they not admit him or send him off if they could not care for him, why send him home to "get better" I now find out the hospital was at "full census" well it's my understanding if you are at full census you send out if emergent, is it because of his last name? his insurance? I wish I could switch places with him, I have lived a good life and his parents, aunts need him. To top it off I'm the sole caretaker for my 75 year old mom and I feel such bitterness towards her because she is here and he is gone, she always complained about my daughter (who is 6) and my grandson running and making noise. I feel I need to put her in a nursing home now. How can I help my son and Landon's mommy if I can't help myself? how do I answe my 6 year old daughters question "why can't god fix landon and send him back" how do I take the pain away? and realize I will never see him again? I'm questioning god if there is one which I have to believe if i ever want to see him again. I'm going crazy.......

• Members

Momma Anne,

I am very very sorry about the loss of your grandson. I have no idea why hospitals make the decisions they do; I'm sure it had nothing to do with his last name and/or his insurance.

I can understand your anger and your need to blame someone for your grandson's death; it's normal to want to blame someone or something. And your bitterness toward your mother is also a common reaction. In calmer moments, I am sure you realize her living has nothing to do with your grandson's death. I know it doesn't help some people, but I draw strength from the fact that God has a plan for us all, and when it is time for us to go, it doesn't matter how old we are.

My mother is 75 years old, too. She can be difficult to deal with, and she often complains about children and their noises. She used to not be that way. I have wondered if her hearing has become sensitive and that she is just used to being alone too much.

It has only been one week since your tragedy. You are in no shape to help anyone because it's your time to grieve; in time, you will be able to help others deal with their pain. For now, it is okay for you to be feeling all sorts of emotions and grieve.

We have a forum called "Loss of an Adult Child" where most parents and grandparents gather to grieve and support each other. There are parents and grandparents in that forum who have lost tiny babies to grown adult children. They will welcome you and help you. The Loss of An Adult Child forum is in the Loss of a Child forum. If you don't feel like going there, that's okay. There are others in this forum, too. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

I understands your situation so you don't worry about thi.God mut help you in other way.So you have to keep some self confidence in your heart.So you go ahead from today nothing is impossible for in this world.So I think your situation must be solved any way by the god.

___________ babysitters nj

• Members

I understands your situation so you don't worry about this.God must help you in other way.So you have to keep some self confidence in your heart. You go ahead from today nothing is impossible for in this world.So I think your situation must be solved any way by the god.

Archived