Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of Keelie, Cat 24.10.2011

ModKonnie

• Members

Keelie died of Kidney failure, my darling Siamese is buried in our backyard, her mate for the past 12 years is Keira, Burmese, who is at this very moment calling from the back door screen, for her mate Keelie, she stairs outside the window for ages and scans the house, it just awful and heart breaking to see this still going on. I know how she feels, I find myself taken over by emotion when I think of her especially Christmas Day, it was just horrible without her. Keira has another cat, a male named Kozmo, also living with our pack since they were babys. who she isn't found of and things are just the same between them. The pack also includes 2 Miniature Pinscher's.

She is eating fine and I am giving her lots more cuddles and pats, the cats have always slept with us and her position in the bed is under all the covers with head on the pillow just like mum and dad. What I was getting around to was I wondering if any of you have any advice as to what to do for her??? Best wishes to you all, Amanda

• Members

Keelie died of Kidney failure, my darling Siamese is buried in our backyard, her mate for the past 12 years is Keira, Burmese, who is at this very moment calling from the back door screen, for her mate Keelie, she stairs outside the window for ages and scans the house, it just awful and heart breaking to see this still going on. I know how she feels, I find myself taken over by emotion when I think of her especially Christmas Day, it was just horrible without her. Keira has another cat, a male named Kozmo, also living with our pack since they were babys. who she isn't found of and things are just the same between them. The pack also includes 2 Miniature Pinscher's.

She is eating fine and I am giving her lots more cuddles and pats, the cats have always slept with us and her position in the bed is under all the covers with head on the pillow just like mum and dad. What I was getting around to was I wondering if any of you have any advice as to what to do for her??? Best wishes to you all, Amanda

Amanda,

I am so very sorry for the loss of Keelie. I am a cat person, too. I have four fur babies right now. I have lost several over the years, including Emmy, a very dear cat I had for 15 years.

Some pet experts suggest that you leave items that still have Keelie's smell laying around the house for Keira. Continue to give Keira extra hugs and love. She is obviously grieving. It wouldn't surprise me if Kozmo and Keira eventually become fonder of each other. My cats all have unique relationships with each other, too. Some of them don't get along but tolerate each other, while others are extremely close.

I wish you and your fur babies the best.

ModKonnie

Archived