Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My story

Derek's_Heart22

• Members
Derek's_Heart22

My husband, Derek Rivere, was killed in a hit and run on September 8, 2011.

Not only was he hit, but he was hit by multiple vehicles 5 to be exact. It has

been 4 months now and we still have no answers. I can't go anywhere without it generating a memory. I miss him so much

and the hurt seems to get worse with every passing day. He's the love of my life, I don't see myself ever learning to deal with him

gone and never coming back

• Members

My husband, Derek Rivere, was killed in a hit and run on September 8, 2011.

Not only was he hit, but he was hit by multiple vehicles 5 to be exact. It has

been 4 months now and we still have no answers. I can't go anywhere without it generating a memory. I miss him so much

and the hurt seems to get worse with every passing day. He's the love of my life, I don't see myself ever learning to deal with him

gone and never coming back

D.J. Rivere,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your husband. I know four months seems like a long time, but it really isn't long at all after such a profound loss. Are you able to talk to anyone about all of this? What kinds of feelings are you experiencing? Are you having nightmares or anxiety attacks? Are you working or are you keeping to yourself?

Can you share the story of your life with your husband with us? What about your loss and how you've been managing to get through each day?

What a terrible tragedy you've been through. There are many here who have suffered tremendous loss of their significant other; they will be able to help you begin to piece your life back together and inch forward, little by little.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived