Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost wjfe

father of 2

• Members

I lost my wife sept 5th 2011 she struggled with lung cancer she was diagnosed in feb. and passed away in sept. the las 2 months were the hardest she was on home hospice and and I was taking care of her. We have 2 childred 13 & 14

Its tough working and taking care of the kids. I have a couple of people for child care. Its just so hard I miss her Im so depressed

• Members

I lost my wife sept 5th 2011 she struggled with lung cancer she was diagnosed in feb. and passed away in sept. the las 2 months were the hardest she was on home hospice and and I was taking care of her. We have 2 childred 13 & 14

Its tough working and taking care of the kids. I have a couple of people for child care. Its just so hard I miss her Im so depressed

Father of 2,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. I am sure your life has been turned completely upside down. I understand about the working and taking care of children--you get through as best as you can. Do you and the kids talk about your loss at all? They are certainly old enough to pitch in with the household chores and can help you all get into a routine. Do any of you go to counseling? How are they dealing with the loss of their mother? Are they acting out in any way?

I know this sounds like it's almost impossible right now--but you need to take just a few minutes a day for YOU. Do something you like to do to relax, whether that's a good hard workout at the gym, a jog down the street, a video game with online friends or a nice soothing CD while you sit in your room and meditate. That will help with the depression.

Also, are you into writing? Writing down your feelings will help you deal with them--honestly. You will be able to see where your emotional journey is going, and it may even help you to help the children.

I'm sure you feel utterly exhausted, but unable to rest or sleep at all right now. However, I do know that the best way to deal with depression is through exercise. If you aren't an exerciser, consider doing it as a new hobby and a way to make new friends. You and the kids could get together and go to the gym--exercise helps release the brain chemicals that alter your mood and lift it up.

Yo are not alone in this--we will be here for you.

ModKonnie

Archived