Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Big Sis is gone

adinkado

• Members

Hello everyone,

I am new here and although loss is not new to me I need some help..

A little background might help you understand.

I live in southern CA USA and my sister lived in CO USA about 1800 miles away. I got a call in early June from the hospital that she had been admitted again and was not in good shape. The doctors were not sure if she would make it. I took out a loan and flew back to be with her not really understanding what was wrong or how sick she had been for some time.

I learned that she had COPD and what it meant. She was in the final stages which meant she didn't have much lung capacity left. I stayed with her from June - Sept when I had to return home for medical reasons. She was in the hospital with a week here and there where she was well enough to be in a nursing home. She was in respiratory failure each time she was admitted. The medical staff had told me in July that she probably wouldn't last very much longer so we made the best of the time we had together.

I got a call Nov 1, that she had passed sometime during the last 24 hours..

Many things bother me... I know she is better off, I know she is not in pain or suffering any longer... but I miss her so much...She was the one person that could cheer me up if I was down, she could make me laugh when my world was falling apart, she was my inspiration, my strength, my guide, she could help me work through difficult situations.. I feel so lost and alone...

I know no one can fix this and I really don't want them to.. I know this is something I have to go through...

Like so many others have posted here... I am hurting and don't have a support network... Even her children tell me "she's in a better place" my other siblings say "she is not in pain or suffering any more." I am thankful for that... but some one please help me through this...

Thank you for letting me rant...

• Members

Hello everyone,

I am new here and although loss is not new to me I need some help..

A little background might help you understand.

I live in southern CA USA and my sister lived in CO USA about 1800 miles away. I got a call in early June from the hospital that she had been admitted again and was not in good shape. The doctors were not sure if she would make it. I took out a loan and flew back to be with her not really understanding what was wrong or how sick she had been for some time.

I learned that she had COPD and what it meant. She was in the final stages which meant she didn't have much lung capacity left. I stayed with her from June - Sept when I had to return home for medical reasons. She was in the hospital with a week here and there where she was well enough to be in a nursing home. She was in respiratory failure each time she was admitted. The medical staff had told me in July that she probably wouldn't last very much longer so we made the best of the time we had together.

I got a call Nov 1, that she had passed sometime during the last 24 hours..

Many things bother me... I know she is better off, I know she is not in pain or suffering any longer... but I miss her so much...She was the one person that could cheer me up if I was down, she could make me laugh when my world was falling apart, she was my inspiration, my strength, my guide, she could help me work through difficult situations.. I feel so lost and alone...

I know no one can fix this and I really don't want them to.. I know this is something I have to go through...

Like so many others have posted here... I am hurting and don't have a support network... Even her children tell me "she's in a better place" my other siblings say "she is not in pain or suffering any more." I am thankful for that... but some one please help me through this...

Thank you for letting me rant...

Adinkado,

I am sorry about the loss of your sister. Yes, she is not suffering anymore, and she is in a better place, but we understand that YOU are the one hurting now. You've suffered a big loss in your life, and it is normal to feel the way you do. Her children are trying to move forward and accept their loss, but they too miss her, I'm sure.

You are more than welcome to come here and talk about Big Sis. Share a picture or two if you want, too.

How old was she? Did she work outside of her home? I bet you have tons of memories as children to share. What's one of your favorite memories of her?

We will be here to support you. You can talk to us.

ModKonnie

Archived