Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I feel like I am falling

footballfrog48

• Members
footballfrog48

Hello everyone,

I am new here but not knew to the “loss” world. My mom diedwhen I was almost 10 years old. The 15th anniversary is coming upand I am feeling the way I used to before I learned to cope with losing her. Imiss her so much. She was such an amazing person. I feel so alone in this. Ihave a wonderful husband and friends but they don’t understand. They have notlost a parent. I miss her and I wish I could talk to her again. It’s the littlethings that I miss. Just talking to her and hugging her. It seems so simple butI feel like there is a part of me that is gone. I am scared because I feel myselfslipping into the black hole that I had crawled my way out of. I am at a losshere.

• Members

Hello everyone,

I am new here but not knew to the “loss” world. My mom diedwhen I was almost 10 years old. The 15th anniversary is coming upand I am feeling the way I used to before I learned to cope with losing her. Imiss her so much. She was such an amazing person. I feel so alone in this. Ihave a wonderful husband and friends but they don’t understand. They have notlost a parent. I miss her and I wish I could talk to her again. It’s the littlethings that I miss. Just talking to her and hugging her. It seems so simple butI feel like there is a part of me that is gone. I am scared because I feel myselfslipping into the black hole that I had crawled my way out of. I am at a losshere.

Hi Footballfrog48,

Are you going through a particularly stressful situation at work or at home that would be bringing up these emotions? Has someone near you experienced a similar loss? Is it the holidays that are causing your emotional rollercoaster?

Please feel free to come here and share with us. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members
footballfrog48

Hello ModKonnie,

The 15 year anniversary is coming up in January. 15 years seems like such a long time and I think that is some of what is causing these feelings. Also my life has changed so much recently and it has all been for the good. Which feels bitter sweet. I am thankful for everything in my life, but I am still sad that there is a really important person missing from all of it. I fought so hard for everything and to not be the person that others worry about I don't want to be that person again.

Thank you.

• Guests
Guest DarkHeart

Hello everyone,

Hi footballfrog48, I am new, too. I just wanted to say I understand what you mean about the 'black hole'; I thought I knew every kind of void there was in life until my mom died last year on Black Friday. I feel like I'm surrounded by a black hole most of the time. My husband is suffering for it, I'm having a hard time connecting with my 3yr old, it's a nightmare situation. I have posted a few times here and it does make me feel some kind of relief, so hopefully that will be the case for you also. Remember, you are certainly not alone.

• Members

Hey I am new here to and i so get the black hole that you feel your in. I am going through some changes and this year i am going through it so bad. like its fresh again and i lost my mom 15 years ago. my dad just died too last dec so i guess that is why my moms death is coming back to me so hard this year. No one i know has gone through this and they have no idea how it feels to look at every mom and daughter and want that connection back and to miss her touch and voice and all the little things that come to mind and make you cry or at least tear up (like i am now) and just smile cause they are good memories. It sounds like you have good memories that make you cry and smile at the same time too...lol....

• Members

Hi there: Hope your feeling better. I just lost my mother 3 weeks ago and it is very hard. I was the only child. Life is hard without her and feels empty at times. my mom was 87 not bad actually but I feel like she could have lived longer with the proper medical intervention.

Debbie

Hi footballfrog48, I am new, too. I just wanted to say I understand what you mean about the 'black hole'; I thought I knew every kind of void there was in life until my mom died last year on Black Friday. I feel like I'm surrounded by a black hole most of the time. My husband is suffering for it, I'm having a hard time connecting with my 3yr old, it's a nightmare situation. I have posted a few times here and it does make me feel some kind of relief, so hopefully that will be the case for you also. Remember, you are certainly not alone.

Archived