Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Devestated

Journeywomyn

• Members

My mother passed away on Tuesday November the 8th, it was my birthday! I did not get a chance to say goodbye.I am having compulsive ideas of her being alone and cold.Not very rational thinking but..... I have always taken care of her. She has had a long history of illness. But she has always come through. Not this time, it was her time.

Journeywomyn

• Members

My mother passed away on Tuesday November the 8th, it was my birthday! I did not get a chance to say goodbye.I am having compulsive ideas of her being alone and cold.Not very rational thinking but..... I have always taken care of her. She has had a long history of illness. But she has always come through. Not this time, it was her time.

Journeywomyn

I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words of wisdom for you but wanted you to know someone cares. Take care

• Guests
Guest DarkHeart

Journeywomyn

I am so sorry for your loss, Journeywomyn ~ I just wanted to re-iterate that you are certainly not alone in your feelings of despair, nor do I believe your thoughts are irrational. My mother died last year on Black Friday (Nov. 26) four months after being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and I'm still in the void, still having disturbing dreams, still having fleeting thoughts of guilt and regret. It's horrible, but apparently it's also normal. Just try to take each day as it comes and hang in there ~ you are not alone.

• Members

Journeywomyn

Journeywomyn,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Thinking is completely irrational at times when you suffer such a profound loss. Your mother is not alone and cold; the real her is safe and sound. I am so sorry, too, that this happened on your birthday. Do you have other family members? Do you have any friends or others to lean on for support?

Please know there are others here who have gone through similar experiences. They, too, have lost their mothers and fathers, and they may be able to offer you support and encouragement.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Journey Woman, I lost my mom on nov 14, she had a long history of parkinsons and she didn't' make it this time either. Its scary isn't it. I feel like an orphan and the first 2 weeks were horrible. I am getting a little better.

I would like to chat with you.

Debbie

• Members

Hi Journey Woman, I lost my mom on nov 14, she had a long history of parkinsons and she didn't' make it this time either. Its scary isn't it. I feel like an orphan and the first 2 weeks were horrible. I am getting a little better.

I would like to chat with you. I hope your feeling ok and getting a bit better and adjusting. It's very hard.

Debbie

• Members

Hey there--jw,

I lost my mother on January 14 th oF last year after a long battle with cancer. When mom died we had taken her home to hospice and had family with her literally around the clock. On the third night she was home, growing tired, we thought perhaps she would like some time alone--my aunt cracked the window and left the room...two minutes later she was gone. I have spent much of this year trying to put the pieces back together--but what I do believe is that those who leave us often do it on their own terms and when they are ready. It isn't ours to understand--but in time we come to an understanding. You will have good days and you will have horrible days, there will be regrets and celebration...I promise you. You are here, now, at this site, for a reason. I wish I had found this sooner as this is my first posting. Rest at ease knowing that each day is a milestone toward the one thing that I believe gives us our own breath back...and that is time. I'm am deeply sorry for your loss--and though I know full well our stories are not the same, I also know our grief is. I understand your hurt, and I promise you, slowly--too slowly--life will get back to normal...a new normal...but normal. My thoughts are with you for the holidays--focus on the memories and ask her to guide you very day. One of the greatest honors most mothers cherish is the opportunity to raise a child that is so loving as you. Death is so hard on the survivors so take the liberty to feel the process through. If you Ned to cry, cry hard...just know, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of YOUR life--and that an angel is guiding from a place we are yet to belong.

• Members

My journey woman, my mother died 3 weeks ago of complications of pneumonia. I was taking care of her and when we arrived in jersey they thought she would do better in the nursing home. They were wrong and she stopped eating.

I miss her so much and spent a large part of today crying but i am getting better just wish she was still here.

Much love and support to you. Debbie

Archived