Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Signs?

dmschnei

• Members

It is now 4 weeks since my prince has been taken. Everyday is still a real hard challenge! I wake up and wonder why am i still here? I lost the best thing that has ever happened to me! My life just seems incomplete now. My Prince was the reason to wake everyday and see him, and smile! Just to hear, good morning My Princess... Made me feel like a little girl all over day after day.

We never had any major fights.. Our "tiffs" were, what to agree to make for dinner, or which direction should we drive today to site see.. I have been blessed w/ a wonderful man... I wish I knew why only for a short period in time?

That night, I said to him, Hon are you ok? You have been sleeping "napping" a little more then normal today? He said he felt fine! He was ok and just wanted to finally catch up on sleep. Ya have to understand that he never for many years slept a normal sleep schedule. He would be awake for 2 hours, sleep half an hour, wake for another hour, and etc. I always teased him, he was like a newborn baby. He would be awake at night and sleep during the day... So, napping was NEVER an odd thing for him.. I got used to that as soon as i was w/ him.

I was wondering, have you ever received a sign that you knew your spouse was there? I think i got 3 signs right after he passed. It was the next day on a monday. I was at my stepsons and decided to step outside for a minute. Out of no where a butterfly appeared and flew by me. My stepdaughter said, that is a sign that he is ok, and wanted to fly by and say Hi! Then within a half an hour of that, My cell phone beeped and said i had a voice mail. The phone never rang.. I listened to the voice mail and it was complete silence for at least 2 mins. Then on that tuesday, is when i decided to come back home, as my brother flew in from out of state to keep me company for a couple days. I decided to visit a neighbor, and i was not there 10 mins and there was a knock at her door and i said, i would answer it for her as she has issues w/ her knees or legs. I hopped up right away and got the door.. When i opened it, no one was there. I said, that must be Dennis. Now, that it has been 4 weeks, i would love to know he is still here w/ me in some way. I would love to come into a room and see our heart symbol on his guitar (as it is dusty) or something?

Have You ever felt that you did receive a sign? I really wish i could get one, just so i know he is still here loving me! That he is still proud and i have not disappointed him. A part of me does believe he is here, even though i can't see him! I just would love to hear anyone elses stories or thoughts... Thank You for Your time in reading my little rant..

Dawn

• Members

Dear Dawn,

I am Debra.. (Joes girl).. i am responding to your signs.... but first i want to fill you in on me personally..

I was married (2nd time around) for 8 1/2 months to the perfect man. As you put it.. my prince charming! We had eerily had the same kind of relationship you did with your husband. Joe and I were friends for almost 7 yrs before he kissed me. I was toast from that moment on. he was my whole world. My everything i ever needed from the inside out. I was taking a nap..(ironic huh? joe usually did most of that in our house..he slept like yours did.. hours at a time.. up down, bed, chair, tv on.. eating his way thru the kitchen every nite) and he went on a quick ride around town on his harley. He didnt say goodbye.. didnt want to wake me. Just told my daughter hed be back in 10 min.. and never came home. He was searched for all nite but wasnt found till morning. He was blown off the road by winds from an f2 tornado.. and died instantly.. or so i was told.

Since then I told him i needed signs.. He knew before he passed that he always had to show things.. not give me lip service.. so I have gotten them. He passed away 8 months ago. 3-30-11, We married 7-11-10.

I posted photos on here.. go look!

Tommorrow is the first birthday i will have in 11 years that i wont hear happy birthday from him. Im fighting with that at the moment.. so maybe ill get a sign.. ill have to let you know.

Anyways.. sign #1:

Right after i got his wet clothes, boots, etc.. back from the coroner. They were bagged, and sealed. I put them in my room on his side of the bed, for 1 day.

Then i moved them to our guest room so i didnt have to look at those orange bags.

about 2 days later i opened the bags, and dried out his boots, and his things.

I put the items outside in the sun to dry for a day. Then i put them in my car trunk to give to a friend of his.

They never came back in the house.

ok.. i had to set this one up to tell you this: about 2-3 weeks after that i walked into my bedroom, (the door is ALWAYS closed) and smelled that wet fresh cut grass smell.. but it was odd.. it was only on my side of the bed.

That was significant because he used to come to my side of the bed, talk to me, kiss me twice, and turn off the light. EVERY night!

why was it on my side, and no where else in the room?

What was even stranger.. was that a couple days later i was brave enough to ask my daughter to go into my room and tell me if she noticed anything.

she walked in, and immediately said it smells like wet grass.. and sniffed around the room.. she said its only on your side mom..

the next day his best friend scott came over, and i asked him to do the same thing.. and he said the exact same thing..

Then it went away.. but it blows by me, from time to time, to let me know hes around.. ive even smelled it in my new car.

Sign #2: he died on a paved country road, but landed in someones front lawn... not the street. During the funeral and all that.. my house was cleaned, mopped, vaccumed, many times. In my room, on the floor next to my nightstand were chunks of the rock thats under asphalt.. like on the side of the road after its paved. I went back to the accident site.. and matched them.. Proof #2 that he was still there..

Sign #3: This is the best one.. but it made me think at the time i was losing it.. I went to his grave one morning, and it was an especially difficult one... and sobbing.. said i need to hear your voice, see you, talk to you.. i dont know what to do without you.. please come to me ,.. if only in a dream... AND GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYER.. I had a dream he came home.. he walked from the cemetary in what he was buried in, and laid down on the bed with my daughter and i around him.. Then he told me he was sorry he didnt say goodbye, that he was ok, told me not to cry anymore.. i had cried enough and he hated to see me cry.. it broke his heart. I heard his voice.. not just any mans voice.. he had a very deep southern accent. very distinctive... Then he asked me to drive him back to the cemetary in the new car.. and he laid back down and was gone. it was odd.. yet funny,.. and i was just so happy to see him, talk to him,hear his voice, even got to hug him.. that holds me up when i feel like i cant go on..

Sign #4: i had been up one night.. late.. not sleeping.. tossing and turning. I finally, exhausted, fell asleep. about 230 am, i half woke up because i felt someone trying to skooch me over in bed, and get in my side.. so i moved over to the middle of our bed. I felt an arm under my pillow, one over me.. (thats how we slept) and all i could do was exhale, relax and say thank you.. It felt like him.. and then i heard whispered in my ear..

"Whatever you need Debra". I immediately fell asleep again. I never sleep on his side.. not even when he was alive.. it was a running joke of ours. I had to sleep on my side.. lol! When i woke up.. i was in the middle of the bed, in the same position.. and of course realized, it was real.. or was it??? and fell apart.

I have had many people tell me, both from church, and others that it did happen. Joe was looking after me, giving me what i needed, thru god, so i could have a moments peace. That he was looking after me.

I found it so interesting that you saw butterflies. I live in Mississippi, and yes, its not as cold as early as you get in Wisc. But... we should not have them anymore. its gotten too cold.

I have seen a huge monarch butterfly both at home, and at the cemetary.. same one.. orange.. same amounts of dots on the wings.. and he always flies around when i am thinking about him or have a problem.. or im talking about him. The same one actually just landed inches from my feet yesterday at the cemetary.. and stayed there while i talked to him.. and when i stopped.. he flew away.

you tell me.. Am i losing it? i like to think its not me, but rather him looking in on me.

i will offer up this advice... keep praying that the signs keep coming. Every time i ask for it.. you know.. when youre low or having a troubling day.. or even the worst day.. Well.. i get a sign every single time..

There were other smaller signs.. along the way.. but these were my major ones.

They make me feel him around.. and its usually when im quiet in thought that he comes flying around or if i have a problem.

Please feel free to email me if you want to talk.. id love to. Im a former yankee... origionally from Illinois.. raised in chgo and the nw suburbs.

been here 12 yrs due to my ex husbands job. We divorced here.. and stayed.

we both remarried. Im out in the country now.. living in the town joe was born and raised in.

dlsm66@yahoo.com

love ,

Debra Bridges

It is now 4 weeks since my prince has been taken. Everyday is still a real hard challenge! I wake up and wonder why am i still here? I lost the best thing that has ever happened to me! My life just seems incomplete now. My Prince was the reason to wake everyday and see him, and smile! Just to hear, good morning My Princess... Made me feel like a little girl all over day after day.

We never had any major fights.. Our "tiffs" were, what to agree to make for dinner, or which direction should we drive today to site see.. I have been blessed w/ a wonderful man... I wish I knew why only for a short period in time?

That night, I said to him, Hon are you ok? You have been sleeping "napping" a little more then normal today? He said he felt fine! He was ok and just wanted to finally catch up on sleep. Ya have to understand that he never for many years slept a normal sleep schedule. He would be awake for 2 hours, sleep half an hour, wake for another hour, and etc. I always teased him, he was like a newborn baby. He would be awake at night and sleep during the day... So, napping was NEVER an odd thing for him.. I got used to that as soon as i was w/ him.

I was wondering, have you ever received a sign that you knew your spouse was there? I think i got 3 signs right after he passed. It was the next day on a monday. I was at my stepsons and decided to step outside for a minute. Out of no where a butterfly appeared and flew by me. My stepdaughter said, that is a sign that he is ok, and wanted to fly by and say Hi! Then within a half an hour of that, My cell phone beeped and said i had a voice mail. The phone never rang.. I listened to the voice mail and it was complete silence for at least 2 mins. Then on that tuesday, is when i decided to come back home, as my brother flew in from out of state to keep me company for a couple days. I decided to visit a neighbor, and i was not there 10 mins and there was a knock at her door and i said, i would answer it for her as she has issues w/ her knees or legs. I hopped up right away and got the door.. When i opened it, no one was there. I said, that must be Dennis. Now, that it has been 4 weeks, i would love to know he is still here w/ me in some way. I would love to come into a room and see our heart symbol on his guitar (as it is dusty) or something?

Have You ever felt that you did receive a sign? I really wish i could get one, just so i know he is still here loving me! That he is still proud and i have not disappointed him. A part of me does believe he is here, even though i can't see him! I just would love to hear anyone elses stories or thoughts... Thank You for Your time in reading my little rant..

Dawn

• Members

Dawn

Dawn,

I am sorry the loss of your Prince. I know lots and lots of people report "signs" of their loved ones. It seems that butterflies are one of the most common. I am not really sure what to believe about this, but I don't disbelieve. I just have no clue. If the heart symbol on his guitar shows up anywhere else, wow--that would be awesome.

You are not ranting, your post is actually very interesting.

ModKonnie

• Members

Debra and ModKonnie,

Thank You for Your kind words... Debra Happy Birthday (though, i am sure you are like me and wanted the day to come and go). Tomorrow is my birthday - Nov. 8th and I didn't want to celebrate it. Though, his kids are not letting that happen! My one stepdaughter took me out on saturday, along w/ a friend and gave me a pedicure and treated me to a nice lunch. This had only been my 3rd pedicure in life. Dennis bought me my first, a couple years ago for my bd. It was kinda bittersweet... I did get fire engine red, as he said, he would love to see my nails that color. I only had my nails professionally done twice before, but i did paint them often. My one stepson took me out tonight for a bd dinner and tomorrow a friend of ours is taking me to breakfast. I rather had just let my bd come and go.

As i sit here, i think i am getting little signs. Not the kind i would want, but him working his magic fingers up there, is the only thing that makes sense to me. Dennis and I had tried for a couple years to get me into a program for college as he wanted me to further my education and to be able to stand on my feet when he would leave me on earth (remember, we didn't plan for that, for a LONG time to come still). Though, since he has been gone, i have been approved for a program that i (we had) have been trying to get into. I have been accepted for a pell grant and it will cover my books and things.. So, things that were rough for us to succeed at while he was here, are just rolling in now. Him watching and making things happen is the only thing i can think of.

It may sound stupid, but i actually took a nap in our bedroom today. I slept on the floor and covered w/ our comforter. Why the floor? It was the last place his body had layed and i wanted to try to be as close as possible to him, that i could be. I will say, that i went out like i got hit by a truck. I was in a very deep sleep. I have not been asleep like that, since before he passed.

I got a birthday card from a family member who said something like, well i hope things are getting back to normal for you. 1) things will never be the same.. 2) He has never been married and i am not sure if he ever has even been in a serious relationship? So, i do realize that some people do not know what to say... I am trying to wake everyday and just continue until the next day... I sure do miss my prince!

Thank You for reading...

Dawn

• Members

I was wondering, have you ever received a sign that you knew your spouse was there?

One, the morning after he died. I don't know if I was dreaming or imagining, really, but I was aware. I was lying in bed, in my brother-in-law's guest room in the bed my husband slept in when he was a kid (we never had room for it). My left hand was curled on the pillow in a loose fist, and I felt a finger inside my fist. I closed my hand on the finger and felt pressure, and then it disappeared and my hand was empty.

I do believe in signs. I had a very powerful sign after my father died, a physical feeling of peace and calm that started in my toes and worked toward my scalp. I remember wanting to feel it again and again, but then I realized I didn't have to -- I knew my father was always with me.

And as much as I want to feel that finger inside my curled fist again, I know that it isn't really neccessary.

Even if you don't have an experience, I do believe our loved ones are with us always.

• Members

I've been told, and have read several books on signs from passed loved ones. Messages from heaven. I hear pennies are a sign they are around.

After i heard this, I started looking frantically for pennies. I'd walk into a room, and look around to see if I saw pennies. Then, i would think to myself, this is probably just

coincidence. Until, one day It didn't seem like a coincidence. I took my fiance's truck (who passed away) to work, I came home and not sure why I looked in the back seat but I did, i looked down and saw a penny, and thought to myself, "oh hey, look a penny" I look at the year and what do you know, it was his birth year. Could be coincidence, sure. But, I like to think it was my fiance sending me a sign he is around. :)

Archived