Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sunshine

Zee87

• Members

Sept. 19 was my mom's one year since she has passed away. In honor of her, we planted beautiful flowers at her grave and gathered close family for lunch. Sometimes I catch myself dozing off and remembering the things my mom did for us and the person she was. I miss the Sunday lunches we had, I miss the smell of her food, I miss the smile, her voice, and so much more. I woke up at our house and laid there thinking about the weekends I spent with her, nothing was more enjoyable then spending time with my mom. The house feels so empty now, and I feel sorry that my dad has to deal with that. He knows he can move in with my sister or I but he refuses. I noticed that recently it has been really hard to go home. When I came home, she would be in the kitchen and she'd poke her head out and say hi. Now when I go, I don't see her anymore, but I look at the window and smile. Today the sun is shining and I smile and thank my mom for the great memories that will put a smile on my face for the rest of my life.

post-296843-0-75593700-1318112128_thumb.

• Members

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. She sounds like a wonderful woman. What a great picture of the two of you. You can see how much you loved her. What a nice way you all chose to remember her and honor the one year anniversary of her death. I think it helps to have those rememberances. My mom has not been gone a year yet but we honored her by celebrating her birthday with a brunch at restaurant she had been wanting to go to. It felt good to have the celebration but bittersweet at the same time. It woulld have been nice if she could have been there. It is so hard to lose someone we have been so close to who has cared for us and who we love so much. Take care and come back and share again anytime you like.

• Members
sadbeyondwords

Sept. 19 was my mom's one year since she has passed away. In honor of her, we planted beautiful flowers at her grave and gathered close family for lunch. Sometimes I catch myself dozing off and remembering the things my mom did for us and the person she was. I miss the Sunday lunches we had, I miss the smell of her food, I miss the smile, her voice, and so much more. I woke up at our house and laid there thinking about the weekends I spent with her, nothing was more enjoyable then spending time with my mom. The house feels so empty now, and I feel sorry that my dad has to deal with that. He knows he can move in with my sister or I but he refuses. I noticed that recently it has been really hard to go home. When I came home, she would be in the kitchen and she'd poke her head out and say hi. Now when I go, I don't see her anymore, but I look at the window and smile. Today the sun is shining and I smile and thank my mom for the great memories that will put a smile on my face for the rest of my life.

I can totally relate. My mom has been gone 3 years. My dad just died. I miss the sayings they both had, the warmth, the comfort of being a kid and having them take care of me and offer my food ALL the time..the smiles, hugs, the voice. I just looked at a video of my dad that I had on my phone. He looked so cute. He was so young. adorable...so cute...I cant take it...it is not fair to hae to live without him and my mommy...so not fair

• Members

What a lovely photo of the two of you. I know what you mean about expecting her to be there when you visit.. I always expect my Dad to be out in the garage working on something when I pull in to their driveway, but the garage doors are always closed now, and the house doesn't give me the comfort it once offered. It made me realize that it isn't the places that are special, it's the people in them.

It's been 3 years and I've since moved 2,300 miles away... I couldn't handle the constant stream of memories. The highway out to my parents house from where I lived at the time is the one he was killed on. There is no other way to get there and no way around passing by the scene of the accident... the house feels so empty now. Nothing is the same without him.

On the year anniversary of his death, I made the drive from my house to theirs, the drive he never completed that day, I completed for him. It may sound odd, but I even timed it so that I was passing over the very spot where he died when the accident happened, at the very same time. It was a symbolic gesture, finishing the drive home for him. It brought me comfort, in a strange way that I still cannot explain.

Archived