Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

2 years old and gone

ashleejp

• Members

I lost my Lil girl in a car accident...

Last summer my family and friends went to the lake few miles out of town.

It was a perfectly good day we arrived there at about 12 in the afternoon, started laying the blankets out as my 14 year old cousin started to blow up her floating tube... well she was the only one who got a tube and u can imagine how the Lil kids felt when they saw she had one and they didn't and she was not going to share...

Well after a about 15 min. Of crying goes by before I finely distracted kaitlin (my Lil girl) and got her to play in the water with out the toy she was just fine with out one .... but there was one Lil 5 year old boy (my friends kid) who was not. He refused to go in the water with out one. This went on for about 20 min before I decided that I would take my kaitlin and my friends son to go get some beach toys... I put them in the car put on my seat beat at 1:10 and off we went... now this highway is long and very has a lot of bad corners. As I was driving the Lil boy was complaining that kaitlin was touching him as they sat next to each other in the back seat.. so I asked kaitlin "please stop and told the Lil boy she is just a baby she dosent really understand yet like u do"... few moments went by and the Lil boy started yelling "she won't stop" as I flipped down the rear view mirror so it faced the kids and look back at the road some thing was in the road ( I was going 60 mph.) As I went to go around it and my tire went off the road, the pavement was about a hands langth down to gravel. As I turned trying to get back on the road I was still going way to fast and the car began to tip over.. the anything going thro my mined was cover my head..... I could here my daughters scream briefly..... and the it went Blake .. it was dark all I could her was my own thoughts thinking ok that was not that bad... then I realized I was flying through the air not knowing when or if I was going to land ... suddenly I was rolling through mud and seaweed and grass and who knows what?..? Then the pain started.. I lay there and in the distance i heard a voice It was someone from the road call 911. I still lay there not knowing where there was exactly.. thinking ok she is with the kids there fine there on the road I'm the only one really hurt.. few seconds later she becomes frantic saying the car Is in the water she is not sure if anyone is still in it.. I start to scream for someone to help me I was afraid stand up I screamed again still nothing ... I stood up and I started running I was so far from the car (about 8 to 12 car lengths) I ran faster when I was able to see the car .. I started screaming "save my kids!" .. I fell and twisted my ankle in the mud I stood up kept running as I got to the men trying to roll the over I told them please save the Lil boy he is not my kid just save the boy pleassse...

I watch the men figure out how to roll the car over ... as I stood there I felt something I felt her her Sprint leave... I felt calm I just new she was gone ... but I dident want to belive it... 3 min go by they get the boy he's not breathing thankfully some one new cpr and began right away 2 min goes by still no kaitlin they can't get her seat belt undone he need a knife... 1min and finely the

E.M.Ts show up... the men finely get kaitlin she's not breathing and I will never forget how blue her face was... the boy started breathing they rushed us all to the hospital where they did cpr for 30 min on kaitlin the called it..... I later found out I had gone though the windshield and the car rolled where there was no gard railing...

I miss my Lil girl

Kaitlin lee

1/31/08 - 7/11/10

She just learned to say I love you ...

She is my Angel ...

• Members

What was in the news paper .....

Kaitlin Lee Price-Williams

January 31, 2008 - July 11, 2010

Kaitlin Lee Price-Williams, age 2, passed away in an automobile accident on Sunday, July 11, 2010 near Sandpoint, Idaho.

Our earthly loss is surely heaven’s gain as Kaitlin Lee Price-Williams becomes the littlest angel with the biggest personality. While we lost Kaitlin that day, we gained the appreciation of the joy a special little girl brought to everyone who was close to her during her short, yet very important, life.

Kaitlin was born in Sandpoint, Idaho on January 31, 2008 at Bonner General Hospital to Ashlee Price and Jake Williams. From that day on, it was pretty obvious who was in charge of her family’s and friends’ hearts.

Kaitlin was a curly, redheaded spit-fire with the sparky personality to match. In the words of those who knew her best, she was: joyful, busy, kind hearted, spunky, curious, bubbly, beautiful, chatty, full of energy and love, contagiously happy, never failing to smile. She was a great bouncer. Her family and friends will recall that she loved her blankie (which she stole unapologetically from her Aunt Jode) her momma, her Gs, her uncles, chocolate, cheese, shopping (and the subsequent fashion shows), her dog Meeka, her beaws, and “helping.” She loved to watch Veggie Tales, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Sponge Bob, Niaho and Dora the Explorer. She was also bilingual, speaking “Butterfly” for the first year and a half of her life whenever possible and appropriate, and she found it a little difficult to transition to English. She had just learned to say “I love you” and she said it a lot. In either language, everyone agrees she was an excellent conversationalist. They say no one is perfect… it is said that sometimes she would bite a chip and throw it back in the bag!

As the youngest “festival gal” in The Festival at Sandpoint office she loved sticky notes, overwatering the plants, overfeeding the dog, and sending nonsensical fax reports to unsuspecting recipients. She especially excelled at administrative work. In fact, we were pretty sure she was gunning for Carol’s job as office manager.

She is survived by her mother Ashlee Price; grandmother Toni Fournier Lund; great grandparents Joyce and John Ferguson; great great grandparents Bill and Freda Fournier; uncles Kody Brown and Zach Price; great uncles Spencer Ferguson and Adam Ferguson of Sandpoint, ID; great aunt Jodi Fournier Yeager (husband Mike) and cousins Jordan, Michael and Brianna Yeager of Anacortes, WA; and numerous great great aunts, great great uncles and cousins in Sandpoint. She was preceded in death by her great grandfather Doug Fournier and her great great great grandmother Florence “Nanny” Thacker.

O

• Members

Kaitlin's Mom

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little girl. Something you said rang a bell with me. I too felt Brian go through me when he died. The feeling was one of total peace, acceptance and love - No fear.

I just did not know what it was, because we had yet to arrive at the scene of my son's car crash.

You have come to the right place. Most of us post on Loss of an Adult Child. Even though our kids were not adults, we are accepted without question.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

I lost my Lil girl in a car accident...

Last summer my family and friends went to the lake few miles out of town.

It was a perfectly good day we arrived there at about 12 in the afternoon, started laying the blankets out as my 14 year old cousin started to blow up her floating tube... well she was the only one who got a tube and u can imagine how the Lil kids felt when they saw she had one and they didn't and she was not going to share...

Well after a about 15 min. Of crying goes by before I finely distracted kaitlin (my Lil girl) and got her to play in the water with out the toy she was just fine with out one .... but there was one Lil 5 year old boy (my friends kid) who was not. He refused to go in the water with out one. This went on for about 20 min before I decided that I would take my kaitlin and my friends son to go get some beach toys... I put them in the car put on my seat beat at 1:10 and off we went... now this highway is long and very has a lot of bad corners. As I was driving the Lil boy was complaining that kaitlin was touching him as they sat next to each other in the back seat.. so I asked kaitlin "please stop and told the Lil boy she is just a baby she dosent really understand yet like u do"... few moments went by and the Lil boy started yelling "she won't stop" as I flipped down the rear view mirror so it faced the kids and look back at the road some thing was in the road ( I was going 60 mph.) As I went to go around it and my tire went off the road, the pavement was about a hands langth down to gravel. As I turned trying to get back on the road I was still going way to fast and the car began to tip over.. the anything going thro my mined was cover my head..... I could here my daughters scream briefly..... and the it went Blake .. it was dark all I could her was my own thoughts thinking ok that was not that bad... then I realized I was flying through the air not knowing when or if I was going to land ... suddenly I was rolling through mud and seaweed and grass and who knows what?..? Then the pain started.. I lay there and in the distance i heard a voice It was someone from the road call 911. I still lay there not knowing where there was exactly.. thinking ok she is with the kids there fine there on the road I'm the only one really hurt.. few seconds later she becomes frantic saying the car Is in the water she is not sure if anyone is still in it.. I start to scream for someone to help me I was afraid stand up I screamed again still nothing ... I stood up and I started running I was so far from the car (about 8 to 12 car lengths) I ran faster when I was able to see the car .. I started screaming "save my kids!" .. I fell and twisted my ankle in the mud I stood up kept running as I got to the men trying to roll the over I told them please save the Lil boy he is not my kid just save the boy pleassse...

I watch the men figure out how to roll the car over ... as I stood there I felt something I felt her her Sprint leave... I felt calm I just new she was gone ... but I dident want to belive it... 3 min go by they get the boy he's not breathing thankfully some one new cpr and began right away 2 min goes by still no kaitlin they can't get her seat belt undone he need a knife... 1min and finely the

E.M.Ts show up... the men finely get kaitlin she's not breathing and I will never forget how blue her face was... the boy started breathing they rushed us all to the hospital where they did cpr for 30 min on kaitlin the called it..... I later found out I had gone though the windshield and the car rolled where there was no gard railing...

I miss my Lil girl

Kaitlin lee

1/31/08 - 7/11/10

She just learned to say I love you ...

She is my Angel ...

AJ2,

Words cannot tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Your experience with her spirit going through you is amazing. I've heard that others have experienced similar things. There are many many parents here who have lost their precious children in one tragedy or another. They will be able to help you learn how to move forward. Most post in the Loss of an Adult Child forum because that's just where people chose to congregate. Feel free to join that forum, or continue to post here. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

Archived