Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My close cousin died today my heart is crushed.

hisbeauty4ashes

• Members
hisbeauty4ashes

Hi friends My good friend took her life last month and my cousin died today from Alcoholism. My heart is crushed he was my best friend, brother.

My heart feels like it cannot go on. I do not how to process this one minute I am angry at his mom and dad. The next I am in tears the next minute I am spaced out.

I need to get through this it is so over whelming he took apart of me with him.

Thanks for listening :(

• Members

Hi friends My good friend took her life last month and my cousin died today from Alcoholism. My heart is crushed he was my best friend, brother.

My heart feels like it cannot go on. I do not how to process this one minute I am angry at his mom and dad. The next I am in tears the next minute I am spaced out.

I need to get through this it is so over whelming he took apart of me with him.

Thanks for listening :(

Hi friend,

Alcoholism is an awful disease to understand and to experience. My heart goes out to you, your cousin and your family. You take one minute at a time and cry your heart out for now. Why are you angry at his parents? How old was your cousin? When you are ready to tell his story, please come share with us. Talking truly does help, and we are willing to listen.

I am sending you hope, encouragement and my deepest sympathy,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your friend and cousin. Almost 6 years ago one of my closest cousins died of a drug overdose. I know what you mean about going through different emotions. It's always sad, but I still get angry. Angry with my cousin for even taking drugs, angry at her friend for leaving her on the side of the road to die, angry at everyone in the world for being happy when I felt like I couldn't even breathe half the time. I want you to know that it gets better. Over time you will be able to think about your memories with your cousin and be happy that you got to share them with him. You can get through this. It just takes time.

• Members
hisbeauty4ashes

Thanks Cat I so appreciate your words.

I lost an aunt on top of the other two deaths it has been a crazy couple of months. People do not understand how close I was to my cousin he was like my brother and I felt like half of me died with him.

My friend who took her life was like my own child. It is never easy loosing those you love but you know life goes on.

Bless you.

Archived