Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Poems to our Beloveds

armaiti

• Members

I thought I'd start this thread separate from the others...I know I've felt inspired to write a lot more since Ishaq passed...I'd love to read what others of you have written for your beloveds.

I wrote this one this morning for Ishaq:

A New Year

A new year starts,

but really, it’s just numbers.

For you, who now live beyond time and space,

This doesn’t really matter.

It’s just another blink of the eye,

while for me it’s the slow budding of the leaves on the tree,

The daffodils poking up from the soil,

The heat of the summer coming to warm the tomatoes in the garden,

And then the slow decline of the seasons, back into the little death of winter….

…another year to live

Another year to try

to do my best here, where your breath exists still on the wind,

and I feel your presence around me in the woods and in the night.

Another year closer to you,

though for you these long days are gone in an instant.

There is still joy here, in a body, on this earth…

and I know it’s important for me to find it,

while still holding you near and present, always

in my

Heart.

- Anna Armaiti

January 2, 2008

• Members

Dearest Love, for you on this Valentine's Day 2008-"We loved with a love that was more than love."-Poe "Love thou art everyday my Valentine"-Thomas Hood "It is at the edge of the petal that love waits."-Wm. Carlos Williams

"And sometimes when we touch,the honesty's too much,and I have to close my eyes and hide. I want to hold you 'til I die, 'til we both break down and cry,I want to hold you 'til the fear in me subsides."-Dan Hill

May you sleep in heavenly peace my love. Always and forever your love,Aurora

• Members

For you, dearest Lamar - I received this poem from a good friend who "lent" it to me because she knew how I felt.  This is one of my Valentines to you this year.

I wish I could touch you the way the sunbeams touch the glass - warmly, lightly.

I wish I could hold you the way the darkness holds the stars - gently, nightly.

I wish I could kiss you the way the raindrops kiss the flowers - slowly, sweetly.

Still I pray that you know I'll always love you

The way the earth loves the sky - constantly, completely, forever.

Valentine's Day, 2008

• Members

To my love, you left my heart with thousands of feelings twisting and turning through my soul. The special moments and memories in our life will never change. They will always be in my heart today and forevermore. Let your spirit fly. I love you. Aurora

• Members

Away like a glance of thought he flies,To skim the heavens and follow far,The fiery trail of the rocket-star. Instant as the star-fall light,He plunged into the deep again,But left an arch of silver bright,The rainbow of the moony main.-Poe

• Members

this song reminds me of my mom she died last year i just miss her so much

especially this line is how i feel about her she was very ill and i had to let her go

And darlin' I love you so that's

the reason I just let you go.

Jimmy Buffett - Come Monday Lyrics

Headin' up to San Francisco

for the Labor Day weekend show,

I've got my hush-puppies on,

I guess I never was meant for

glitter rock and roll.

And honey I didn't know

that I'd be missin' you so.

[Chorus]

Come Monday It'll be all right,

Come Monday I'll be holding you tight.

I spent four lonely days in a brown L.A. haze

and I just want you back by my side.

Yes it's been quite a summer,

rent-a-cars and west bound trains.

And now you're off on vacation,

somethin' you tried to explain.

And darlin' I love you so that's

the reason I just let you go.

[Chorus]

I can't help it honey,

you're that much a part of me now.

Remember the night in Montana when

we said there'd be no room for doubt.

I hope you're enjoyin' the scenery,

I know that it's pretty up there.

We can go hikin on Tuesday,

with you I'd walk anywhere.

California has worn me quite thin,

I just can't wait to see you again.

• Members

The verse to this song is how I feel right now.  Not my poem but my feelings.

Tell me how am I supposed to live without you.

Now that I've been lovin' you so long.

How am I supposed to live without you.

And how am I supposed to carry on.

when all that I've been livin' for is gone.

MrsMo

• Members

(3-7-'06) Don't walk in front of me because I may not follow. Don't walk behind me because I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend-Camus

I leave a rose on the grave of love,my love,my beloved love.

Sorry you never said "I'm leaving." You never said "goodbye",You were gone before I knew it and only God knows why-Kendall Phills

Always a smile,instead of a frown,always a hand when one is down,always true,thoughtful and kind,wonderful memories you left behind-author unknown

You are forever in my heart,Aurora

• Members

Ah Tim,  Tomorrow will be 20 months since you left.  What a month we had prior to you passing away.  You had to have known something the way you were trying to prepare me. . . .In hindsight its very clear!!!

WoW, the fact that life will never be the same at times is very hard to chew on. . .I love the dreams I've had of you, you are always so happy.  No more fighting to breath!   My early mornings I just feel you in our bedroom when I can slowly wake up I feel you are there and it is the biggest comfort I have right now.

I've just been in a frump the last couple days, Its like I do not have the energy to pull myself up.   What's this about, I'd like to know. . . . .

You see how Aaron still grieves for you, you were his best friend and you drew so close your last 18 months or so.  He is a pure blessing to me, he has been since the minute we adopted him hasn't he?

Well, not sure why I used this thread instead of my journal, but I did.

Never be the same WithOut You!  My Love, Cheryl 

• Members

Loveliest of trees the cherry now is hung with bloom along the bough, And stands about the woodland ride wearing white for Eastertide-A.E.Housman

• Members

This was written for Trav and I and took my breath away.  What a gift my friend has :)

[align=center]Sojourn of The Souls[/align] [align=center]Of Sus and Trav[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center]In the moment our eyes first met[/align] [align=center]With shy downcast glance of eyes searching[/align] [align=center]To hide beneath the contended smiles;[/align] [align=center]And embarrassed giggles[/align] [align=center]Of relief expressed in an instant[/align] [align=center]Recognition of souls entwined.[/align] [align=center]The knowing, the certainty;[/align] [align=center]We had traveled, traversed …[/align] [align=center]Skipped hand in hand…this road before.[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center]We made a pact to love, adore, inspire and dance this dance as one.[/align] [align=center]A new chapter in our forever.[/align] [align=center]Each day a new journey, weaving new tales;[/align] [align=center]Fighting new battles,[/align] [align=center]Settled at the end of each day[/align] [align=center]Contentedly entering dreams wrapped in each others’ arms.[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center]We promised a “happily ever after” in each dawn,[/align] [align=center]No battle able to separate[/align] [align=center]The two souls entwined as one.[/align] [align=center]The song of souls … the sojourn of recognition[/align] [align=center]We had traveled this road before.[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center]Best of friends …[/align] [align=center]Fondest of lovers …[/align] [align=center]The world simply spun, then stood still for the tow souls who beat as one[/align] [align=center]heartbeat … who traveled this road before.[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center]And in a moment the world would come to a halt.[/align] [align=center]A battle that could not be conquered, no matter how hard they pleaded,[/align] [align=center]bargained nor in every prayer.[/align] [align=center]It called him forth on this the road they knew before … unbidden          and oh, so unforgiving.[/align] [align=center]In this moment of separation, God had called him home.[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center]Yet in a time this I know his voice across the divides of time and heavens space will call through the darkness of silent separation.[/align] [align=center]As in a gentle Autumn breeze, in the wings of doves … a light kiss; a gentle touch through the locks of your hair … with no one there.[/align] [align=center]A whisper, a kiss with no words it will begin.[/align] [align=center]The forever touch of the two who understood the oneness of souls who had traveled this road before and forever.[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center]And in the quiet tender touch of still forever “I love you dear one of my soul – rest in my love, shine bright because of that which we shared of love. Grow in the recollection, the quiet remembrance of friends,[/align] [align=center]Lovers,[/align] [align=center]Two souls as one ….[/align] [align=center]Who had traveled this road before….and will again.[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center]For Sus and Travis – their story[/align] [align=center]ME Ciaccia-Meade 12 March 2008[/align] [align=center]Remember sometimes it is all you can do to simply “breathe”[/align]

• Members
misshimstill

[align=center]THE SHADOW OF YOUR SMILE[/align]

[align=center]The shadow of your smile[/align]

[align=center]When you are gone[/align]

[align=center]Will color all my dreams[/align]

[align=center]And light the dawn.[/align]

[align=center]Look into my eyes, my Love, and see[/align]

[align=center]All the lovely things you are to me.[/align]

[align=center]Our wistful little star[/align]

[align=center]Was far too high.[/align]

[align=center]A teardrop kissed your lips[/align]

[align=center]And so did I.[/align]

[align=center]Now when I remember spring,[/align]

[align=center]Every little lovely thing,[/align]

[align=center]I will be remembering[/align]

[align=center]The shadow of your smile.[/align]

• Members

4-9-08-Thou art my soul,thou art my heart; Thou both my joy and sadness art;Thou art my mover, My heaven art thou, wherein I hover; Thou art my grave,wherein I cast Forever all my sorrow past! Thou art my rest,my peace protecting,Thou art from heaven my life directing, Thou art ever round me hovering by, My guardian spirit,my better I!-Friedrich Ruckert

• Members

When we came into the world,

we cry and everyone else rejoices,

[line]

When we leave this world,

everyone else cries-But we rejoice

unknown

• Members

From our Loved ones:

TOGETHERNESS~~~Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room.~Whatever we were to each other, we still are. Call me by my old familiar name. Speak to me in the same easy way you always have. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me and cherish our memories.~Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it always was. There is absolutely unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of your mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.~All is well. Nothing is past. Nothing has been lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before ~ only better. Infinitely happier. We will be one, together forever.

• Members

REMEBERING YOU

Each time I call to mind the love we shared,

Those precious times,reality soon retreated.

Thoughts of you grow sweeter still.

My heart will hold them fresh until

I see your face and feel completed.

My face cupped in your hands,

I smile a breathless kiss.

You hold me while my love is overflowing.

Finger kisses wave goodbye.

I taste your tears each time you cry.

Within your arms, my fears are going.

Bring me back to days gone by.

When warm winds come, I hear your sigh.

Perfect love my heart is holding.

Now saints and angels will know your charms,

As you wake up in your Father's arms,

Your final wish now unfolding.-Annie Watson

• Members

i didn't write this...

but it really struck me and i thought i'd share it...

THE WORLD OF THE SENSES

What a day: I had some trouble

following the plotline:however,

the special effects were incredible.

Now this, the

dreaming breathing body

lying right beside

my own, just think -

at any given instant

it might undergo a change so

enormous that nothing is left of it

but mere object, a thing

to be taken away from me, never

to be seen again, never.

Franz Wright

• Members

Every leaf in the forest

Every grassblade in the meadow

Lays down its life in its season

As beautifully as it was taken up.-Thoreau

• Members

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night.  I miss you like hell.  ~Edna St Vincent Millay

I wrote this for my soulmate, taken away from me --the first line is from a quote by Donald Justice.

For Nick

I do not think the ending can be right.

There was no appointed hour, no agreement to a parting of the ways, no clock ticking, reminding us

You can not tell me you love me and leave a promise to ring the next day

unfulfilled

This can not be right

There is unfairness in the world, injustice abounds, no rules exist for what happens to hearts

but  even so, I say  scream whisper

this could not be part of it

this ending could not be right

• Members

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night.  I miss you like hell.  ~Edna St Vincent Millay

I wrote this for my soulmate, taken away from me --the first line is from a quote by Donald Justice.

For Nick

I do not think the ending can be right.

There was no appointed hour, no agreement to a parting of the ways, no clock ticking, reminding us

You can not tell me you love me and leave a promise to ring the next day

unfulfilled

This can not be right

There is unfairness in the world, injustice abounds, no rules exist for what happens to hearts

but  even so, I say  scream whisper

this could not be part of it

this ending could not be right

• Members

Light speed my darling, you are a diamond in our sky.Shine bright in the cosmos you loved. You always looked up and reached for the stars. I hope you've found your peace in the infinite billions of stars you loved,Your Aurora

• Members

Toujours

You ask me to be silent

To flee far from you forever,

And depart in solitude

Without remembering the one I loved!

Rather ask the stars

To fall into the infinite,

The night to lose its veils,

The day to lose its brightness!

Ask the boundless ocean

To drain its vast waves,

And when the winds rage in madness,

To still their mournful cries!

But do not believe that my soul

Will free itself from its bitter sorrows,

And cast off its fire,

As spring casts off its flowers.-Charles Grandmougin

• Members
angelgirl63

Paula

paula.jpgBorn: 347

Died: January 26, 404

Canonized:

Feast Day: January 26

Patron Saint of: widows

Saint Paula was a wealthy mother of five, four daughters and one son, at the age of 32 when her husband died. A close friendship with Saint Jerome helped Saint Paula cope with her grief and resulted in a newfound devotion to her God. To become closer to her faith, she willingly stripped herself of all earthly possessions. Shortly thereafter, her eldest child, her daughter Blesilla, passed away after an illness. Upon learning of Paula's second loss and new overwhelming grief, Saint Jerome wrote her a letter reminding her of the love of God. With new resolve, Saint Paula left her home and pilgrimaged with one of her other daughters to join Saint Jerome in Bethlehem where she remained until her death on 26 January 404.

For her strength in devoting herself to her Lord and God in the face of the sorrow of the loss of her husband, Saint Paula is known as the patron saint of widows.

• Members

Full Moon-Walter De La Mare

One night as Dick lay half asleep,

Into his drowsy eyes

A great still light began to creep

From out the silent skies

It was the lovely moon,for when

He raised his dreamy head,

Her surge of silver filled the pane

And streamed across his bed

So, for a while,each gazed at each other-

Dick and the solemn moon-

Till, climbing slowly on her way,

She vanished and was gone.

• Members

Little Things by Pauline Chadwell

The heart remembers little things

And wisdom holds them dear-

A tender smile,the hand's brief touch,

A lovely word to hear.

• Members

FOR MY SCOTT (1966-2004) "VOWS" What do you do when your life comes unclued In a moments eye Your praying into the sky Hoping things get better So you can get on with the life you so treasured Once you've been handed this time frame to deal with you go, cry and pray its just a myth. You do all you can to save the life that you have vowed to share. And in the end, you are the only one who truly cared. Alone you sit over long periods of time Wishing, wondering, and saying he is still mine. Though he has gone to heaven and no longer in pain, You sit everyday still feeling the same. But the one thing you know will never ever change... Is the Love, Purity, and those vows you still hold in your heart will never ever fade.. Cheryl Auxier

• Members

TO MY SCOTT:

You know I miss your touch

You know I miss your smile

You know I miss holding you

If only for a little while.

You know I miss your jokes

I also miss your laughter

What Happened to the promises

and living happily ever after.

You know it's hard for me to have any love without you here

You know I can't even talk about you, without shedding all my tears.

All I ever wanted was to be with you through the good and bad

But no one ever told me that someday I would be left alone and be very sad.

You know I built my life around you

You know what we had was so real and true

You also know I will forever love you even after all we had been through.

And in my heart you will always remain..Life without you now seems so mundane. Happy Birthday Scott.. I Love You!!! Cheryl

• Members
misshimstill

From I Thee Wed, given to us by your sister:

My lover, I put within your hand body and heart and soul, 

as who but women understand?

My lover, make me wholly yours in all the ways there are,                                        

So a sweet bondage more endures than either lock or bar;

So that I never leave your breast to dream of other things,                                     

But find in you my end-of-quest, my comfort... and my wings.

• Members

Always

This weight upon my heart

As the evening falls and the light dims

and I look to the bed that stands empty...

Always

This weight upon my heart.

It is the price we pay, for love

for those of us who love...

To be parted in this world from our beloved

Even if we know that we will be re-united...

Still...

The weight sits heavy on our hearts

In the dimming of the light

At the coming of the dark

and of the reality that we sleep

with empty arms.

for Ishaq, August 31, 2008

• Members

It's said everything passes into nothingness

we see

we love

then we leave-Mourning Dress Sisters

Goodbye yesterday-I can't take you with me- Dianne Farris

Goodbye my love

Go into the night

I must greet the morning.

• Members

Sweetheart,

I don't have a poem for today, but today is the anniversary of our first date - and first kiss.  I miss you so much.  I wish you could come back to me, but I know I won't see you again until I see you in Heaven.  I love you and miss you so much I ache inside so much I can't even describe it.   ~O

• Members

A person who chooses to die or to risk death demonstrates that there are values,principles,maxims that are more valuable to him than life itself. In short he places his immortal self above his mortal self-Thoreau

'Tis a gift to be simple,'tis a gift to be missed,'tis a gift to live on in so many,many lives-Trish Triano

The scale on which your studies proceeded was so large as to require longevity and we were the less prepared for your sudden disappearance. Wherever there is knowledge, wherever there is beauty, you will find a home-RW Emerson

Beautiful dreamer, my guiding star always remembered,Rest now in God's love. I leave you a rose which is a mere pittance compared to all you left me. I still hear you in my heart. Your Aurora

• Members

A Clear Midnight

This is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless, Away from books,away from art,the day erased,the lesson done,thee fully forth emerging,silent,gazing,pondering the themes thou lovest best,Night,sleep,death,and the stars-Walt Whitman

The Night follows close with millions of suns,and sleep, and restoring darkness-Walt Whitman

• Members

The Road goes ever on and on Out from the door where it began, Now far ahead the Road has gone,Let others follow it who can! Let them a journey new begin,But I at last with weary feet Will turn towards the lighted inn,My evening-rest and sleep to meet.-J.R.R. Tolkien

The forge's fire is ashen cold No hammer falls on the anvil. The world is gray,the mountains cold because you have passed away. Shadows lie upon your leafy tomb beneath the sun the stars and moon Undimmed by clouds or shades of night-var. of J.R.R. Tolkien

• Members

Glimpses of Angels

I catch glimpses of angels

in the feathers of sunset

lines of dancing tulips

the laughter of children

your hand upon my shoulder

and your smile-Anitra Freeman

• Members

Love is a silent river that runs through every dream, nourishes each path of hope and evolves the soul to beauty-unknown

Though I cannot touch you and we are now apart, My love, you dwell so deep within my heart-John Seabrook

• Members

When someone you love

becomes a memory,that memory

becomes a treasure.

Time cannot steal the memories

That we carry in our hearts,

Or ever dim the wonderful thoughts

Our cherished past imparts.

So memories of the one we loved

Still cast their gentle glow,

To grace our days and light our path

Wherever we may go.-unknown

• Members

A fading memory...A forgotten place...A picture you remember...An expression on a face...A very small moment that is captured in time; It stays with your heart...But fades in your mind...An emotion you felt...A story recalled...A moment of happiness...A person you saw; They'll stay with you now, They stayed with you then...You'll never forget how,where,or when.-unknown

Archived