Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Share your story. Help others heal.

pmments

• Members

Help to create a legacy of laughter, wisdom, and healing for your loved ones even after they are gone. We would like for you to share with us the most memorable anecdotes, reflections, and words of wisdom passed on to you by loved ones as they faced death. 

These stories, quotes, and anectdotes (upon the contributor's permission) may be selected for future publication.

Send all submissions to pmments@gmail.com. Please include your name and your preferred contact information so that we may contact you in the event that your submission is selected for publication.

• Members

Ok, I feel this is really inappropriate.  The people on this board have been posting about our experiences and our lives, and the only posts you have are three asking for information that you can possibly publish - possibly also to make a profit.  I would be much more willing to listen to a request like this if it was made by someone who was sharing their stories about their own losses.  Who are you anyway?   Have you lost someone close to you?  Do you know how personal these stories are to each of us?

• Members

I also feel this is inappropriate that you would want to publish our feelings of losing someone who meant the world to us. We do write our thoughts  and experiences about our love  ones to each other but that is because we know what the others are going through because we have all lost someone who we loved with all our hearts. Please don't try to get us to tell our stories so you can publish it.

• Members

I am sorry- I genuinely did not mean to offend anyone. I did lose someone- my grandmother who was actually more like my mom. We found out she had ovarian cancer and six weeks later she was dead. This is someone who was still- at 71-very active in her community, her sorority, church groups, etc. She would often say she retired so that she could "work" on all the projects she would do for free. During the time in the hospital, we read a lot of books- inspirational, joke books, and a biography or two. It is what got us through.

This is not my project, nor am I looking for profit. This is something I told her I would do three years ago as she lay dying. It is a New Year's resolution of mine that I would move through the hurt, pain, anger, fear enough to do it. I am through being angry at God, at the doctor, and cancer and I am ready now to move forward. If you are offended- I apologize. Feel free not to contribute. But I will do this for Gladys...and for all the other children out there who have lost a parent.

• Members

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother, and thanks for letting us know your story.  It makes a difference here on this board for us to know who YOU are...there are so many spammers out there, and people willing to use others for profit, that one has to be careful...just yesterday, on the Yahoo group I have set up for friends and students of my partner who crossed over, someone posted a request for folks to join her group for "hot passion".  I mean, really, on New Year's Day.  (I've reset the controls so I have to approve anyone joining).

I think if you share your story on the "Loss of a Parent" board, you'll get a better, more open response. 

I wish you blessings on your journey of creating this work for your grandmother.

Anna

Archived