Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

30 days, 30 sunrises, 30 nights of pain

StaceyS

• Members

July 27 2011, the day that changed my life... the day my son Joshua died from an apparent "heat related" event. It was 108 degrees in the house he was working in. He was found dead slumped over the sink withthe water running, apparently trying to cool himself. I still can't believe it! My first born is gone and with him he took so many dreams, so many hopes, so much laughter. He was 29 years old and the life of the party most of the time. When I arrived at the house they wouldn't let me touch him... that's my baby, who are you to tell me that I can't even touch him... I have help him in my arms his entire life!! I am here to share with you, to find a safe place to grieve, to look for help. I need to embrace this pain before I start to heal. Now it's just raw, hurrible, crushing pain!

• Members

Stacey

Yes, you are right, this is raw pain - a pain none of us ever knew existed until we lost our child.

Right now, your world is turned upside, down. The planet you are on has been knocked out of its orbit and going in a direction that is unknown to you. All you want is for time to reverse itself. We totally understand.

I am so sorry you have to be here, but here is where you can come to share your pain and learn from those farther along on the journey than you.

I am 3 years and 2 months into my grief journey. My 16 year old son, Brian decided to climb on the hood of a car. His "friend" decided to drive 68mph in a 25mph zone. The "friend" lost control and took-out 3 trees. Brian hit the ground and died within minutes. The crash scene is 1/4 mile from our home. My head will not even process this information on how a perfectly healthy 16 year old boy can died from something so senseless.

I have 2 other children (now 17, 21) who are still in such pain over Brian's death, but we have learned to live again. It takes a long time and alot of work, but it can be done.

You are not alone - we are here to help you.

If you can, please join us on Loss of an Adult Child thread. Even though Brian was not an adult, I am accepted without question.

Be kind to yourself. Your mind, body and soul have gone through a tremendous tragedy. Drink plenty of water, sleep whenever you can and just be kind to yourself.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

July 27 2011, the day that changed my life... the day my son Joshua died from an apparent "heat related" event. It was 108 degrees in the house he was working in. He was found dead slumped over the sink withthe water running, apparently trying to cool himself. I still can't believe it! My first born is gone and with him he took so many dreams, so many hopes, so much laughter. He was 29 years old and the life of the party most of the time. When I arrived at the house they wouldn't let me touch him... that's my baby, who are you to tell me that I can't even touch him... I have help him in my arms his entire life!! I am here to share with you, to find a safe place to grieve, to look for help. I need to embrace this pain before I start to heal. Now it's just raw, hurrible, crushing pain!

Stacey,

I am so very sorry about the loss of Joshua. There are so many parents here who have experienced the agony of losing their child. They will be able to offer you needed support and encouragement. Do you have any type of support system where you live? Did Joshua have a family of his own?

My heart goes out to you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Welcome, friend. Stacey, I am so sorry you have to be here, but please know that we are all here to help you any way we can. You are only 30 days into this. It does get better. My beloved son, Andy, passed away 6 months ago. I miss him every day, but each new day brings a bit of healing. My heart goes out to you.

Pam

• Members

i'm at the same stage 30 days today, i also have other children all close in age to my 9 year old that died after eating breakfast with peanuts in, we had no idea his asthma could lead to allergys and he was gone from us in just 30 minutes, your story hit a cord with me and i just wanted u to now i feel the pain xxx take care

Stacey

Yes, you are right, this is raw pain - a pain none of us ever knew existed until we lost our child.

Right now, your world is turned upside, down. The planet you are on has been knocked out of its orbit and going in a direction that is unknown to you. All you want is for time to reverse itself. We totally understand.

I am so sorry you have to be here, but here is where you can come to share your pain and learn from those farther along on the journey than you.

I am 3 years and 2 months into my grief journey. My 16 year old son, Brian decided to climb on the hood of a car. His "friend" decided to drive 68mph in a 25mph zone. The "friend" lost control and took-out 3 trees. Brian hit the ground and died within minutes. The crash scene is 1/4 mile from our home. My head will not even process this information on how a perfectly healthy 16 year old boy can died from something so senseless.

I have 2 other children (now 17, 21) who are still in such pain over Brian's death, but we have learned to live again. It takes a long time and alot of work, but it can be done.

You are not alone - we are here to help you.

If you can, please join us on Loss of an Adult Child thread. Even though Brian was not an adult, I am accepted without question.

Be kind to yourself. Your mind, body and soul have gone through a tremendous tragedy. Drink plenty of water, sleep whenever you can and just be kind to yourself.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

Archived