Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

LOST MY EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD BROTHER, I WAS FOURTEEN.

Chelsea Jaymes

• Members
Chelsea Jaymes

Hello my name is Chelsea, and I am fifteen years old. My brother Stuart Tyler Gardner was murdered on January Third 2011. I was fourteen at the time, it was my worst nightmare. Before this I would read and write stories, mostly dramas, but I never fully understood tradgedy until this. The murderer is being charged, but I still dont know what really happened that day. My mind is still in shock, I just can't believe someone could take an innocent soul like my brother. He was the most caring, kind person and he didn't deserve to have his life cut short. It's so tragic how our family would never mess with guns, and my brothers death is by a gun. I wonder if it will ever stop hurting.

• Members

Hi Chelsea,

I am extremely sorry for your tragic loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.

I lost my older brother back in 2005 and though it was through natural causes, it's still surreal at times. To answer your question of whether it ever stops hurting - from my experience, the pain never truly goes away, but we do grow stronger from the experience.

If I may offer a suggestion, please continue writing your dramas. Something as creative as that is a great outlet during these tough times and a great way to dedicate to the memory of your brother.

Warm regards,

Fleming

Archived