Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Help, feel like joining loved one

rkdoescher

• Members

Help: i do not know how to cope with loss of fiance of 4 years suddenly to accidental overdose. He passed away 2 weeks ago today and having real issues today, Is this normal? how long will i feel like there is a hole in my heart? How do I go on? How do I cope with being alone?

He was my everything. I feel like I just want to join him. is this normal? I don't know where to turn as his family will not even talk to me.

• Members

Help: i do not know how to cope with loss of fiance of 4 years suddenly to accidental overdose. He passed away 2 weeks ago today and having real issues today, Is this normal? how long will i feel like there is a hole in my heart? How do I go on? How do I cope with being alone?

He was my everything. I feel like I just want to join him. is this normal? I don't know where to turn as his family will not even talk to me.

Hi Ronna,

I am so sorry about the loss of your fiance. You are experiencing normal emotions. The shock of it all is probably starting to wear off. In time, the unbearable agony and pain will begin to fade.

You begin to cope by joining a grief and loss group such as this, getting yourself involved in some healthy activities, such as joining a gym or taking up a hobby, and you get out and about. Although you won't want to do any of this, you need to try to move forward inch by inch and deal with each day hour by hour for now.

Try to make sure you are eating and sleeping and if you like to write, start keeping a journal in which you describe your feelings.

Do you have a family? Why won't his family talk to you? Were you with him when he overdosed? What did he overdose on? Please do not try to escape the pain of this all with drugs or alcohol. That will only make your situation much worse. Things will get better, but it will take some time.

If you don't have anyone else, you have us. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

I am with family (mine right now). His family won't talk to me because they do not understand this was accidental and caused by addiction to pain pills. I was with him, but not like ou think. I did not realize how much he was taking each time he took some. It should have been one of each, but apparently it was more.

When I awoke to find him dead, I was so in shock. While we were living 1399 miles from our home towns, we were together. I am going back to the place we last were for several reasons: 1) last place fiance and I were and the happiest we were 2:) I am supposed to start college there 3) got approved for DVR services 4) Have great therapist there. I have talked to family and they want me to do whats best for me.

I hope to keep going to web sites like this and maybe find a group that I can join in person.

I am trying to get though minute by minute. I light a candle to him every night in his favorite scent and am developing the last pictures taken of him. Although his family has taken almost all of his stuff and some of my stuff from me, I will be sending copies to them. He did not keep in contact with them the last 19 months of his life and I want to be able to share this with them so that they may have closue and find some solace. My hope is that eventually they will want to talk to me about our time there besides trying to figure out how or why this happened.

I want them to know how happy we were. We had our problems at times, but we were always together. We made a commitment to each other and kept it. We were so close after we moved we knoew what each other was thinking. That is why it is so hard to be without him.

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss, my husband of 13yrs died in april, and i'm going through something simliar. I had a nerves break down when he died, and had to be placed in a metal ward for a week. Atleast my family was able to take care of our ten yr old daughter. His family who i was always close to have given my daughter and i little to NO support. My mother in law who lives 10 mins away, has only called our daughter 2x in 5 months.......I'm here if you would like to talk, may God bless you.

Archived