Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my husband to heroin 6/27/2011

momoe333

• Members

I lost my husband on 6/27/2011. We had only been married 9 months. He was such a sweet man, but he couldn't kick his habit. We had been together for 3 years. The month before he died I was so tired of the using. I was trying to see if we should separate so he could get help and I could get my head right from all his lies. Am I the reason he went on a bender?? Did I make him die?? Sometimes I feel like i can't say I miss him because he was an addict. I am 26 and so scared. Please help me

• Members

I lost my husband on 6/27/2011. We had only been married 9 months. He was such a sweet man, but he couldn't kick his habit. We had been together for 3 years. The month before he died I was so tired of the using. I was trying to see if we should separate so he could get help and I could get my head right from all his lies. Am I the reason he went on a bender?? Did I make him die?? Sometimes I feel like i can't say I miss him because he was an addict. I am 26 and so scared. Please help me

You were not the reason he went on the bender. He went on it because he was an addict and couldn't quit. You are perfectly allowed to say you miss him and love him. Addiction is a disease that has to be treated like any other disease. It is very tough to kick the drug addiction alone. His lies were part of the addictive lifestyle, and you were trying to do the right thing by attempting to get him to get help. You did not make him die. You weren't responsibile for his decisions or behavior--he was.

It is perfectly okay, too, to cry and mourn for your loss. Do you have family to lean on? Did he have family? We can be here to support and encourage you. Please feel free to come back and tell us all about your sweet man and your life. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members
nicholeweber

I lost my fiancee of 6 years, father to my son 16 months ago to a heroin overdose. I am here if you would like to talk.

Nichole

• Members

I lost my fiancee of 6 years, father to my son 16 months ago to a heroin overdose. I am here if you would like to talk.

Nichole

Nichole,

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for reaching out despite your own pain to help another person. Having someone who has experienced something similar can be a definite help to others. Your kindness is appreciated.

ModKonnie

• Members

How are you doing? Please check in and tell us. We will be here.

ModKonnie

• Members

I am doing ok. Trying to move forward, but there are so many challenges. My heart will just start to hurt and it is so hard to make it stop. I am doing my best to keep it together so my family doesn't worry. They don't understand sometimes how I can be upset when Logan hurt me so many times. Logan was a cook and he was AMAZING. So I think of him ever time I eat something delicious. He made me happy and crazy mad is that possible???

• Members

It is almost 9/12, that is my wedding anniversary. It would have been one year. Logan and I were only married 9 months. I miss him so much. I moved to a new city. Have met some very nice people. They all want me to be happy so they keep trying to set me up with their single friends. I can't imagine someone else depending on me right now. I have all these feelings and need to deal with them on my own. Others feelings would just make it confusing. But I do go on the dates. Going out and getting pretty makes me feel good. I just don't want anything more but a free dinner and an ego boost. Is this ok? I am very open with my intentions if asked, but I just don't let it get too far. I also have learned I may have forgotten how to date. It is very different and makes me a little nervous.

Archived