Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Starting over

carriesfairy

• Members
carriesfairy

I lost my dog, my husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer, we liquidated his business & mine since they were pretty much worthless after the economy went south. We spent the last months together. He died at home. During this time my daughter entered a mental health facility, rehab, transition home, then finally rented her own place. She was doing great. Apparently had an undiagnosed health condition. Rushed by EMT'S to hospital. Transferred her to Jeffls ICU. After a week Had to let her go. It has been 10 months since my husband died. 3 days since my daughter died. I am not working. Went back to school but haven't had time to job hunt. How do you start living again?

• Members

I lost my dog, my husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer, we liquidated his business & mine since they were pretty much worthless after the economy went south. We spent the last months together. He died at home. During this time my daughter entered a mental health facility, rehab, transition home, then finally rented her own place. She was doing great. Apparently had an undiagnosed health condition. Rushed by EMT'S to hospital. Transferred her to Jeffls ICU. After a week Had to let her go. It has been 10 months since my husband died. 3 days since my daughter died. I am not working. Went back to school but haven't had time to job hunt. How do you start living again?

Truly more than one might be expected to manage in a short time span. Perhaps taking life in small bites is what might work for right now. And perhaps saying "for right now" to yourself would be a good way to begin. Easy for me to say, to be sure. Hoping that by the time this reaches you that little changes will be in place.

• Members

Hi CarriesFairy,

How are you doing? It's been several months since your post, have you come back to the forum? Your post really touched me since it is so much to endure in such a short period of time.

Hope to hear back from you.

Kind Regards,

Ada

• Members

No one can know what u are going trum except they've been there, I lost my fiancé 1st October last year, we were together, I lost my dog 6 months later, in two weeks will make it a year since my fiancé died, my life is still not back on track, all I know now at this time is that, his death is now a part of me a part of my everyday life since then, and I seem to have lost all my friends, why I don't know, maybe they got tired of hanging around me, maybe am such a downer, so I have been going tru all this on my own for almost a year now, I pray everyday things change, and I pray u are able to cope, I know how painful it is, still is, I pray lik everyone always says, time will heal our wounds, even if they don't tell us about the horrible scars it leaves behind, I turned to this site a few weeks after he died cos I was looking for answers, this site helps, cos most people here know what u r feeling, just be reading other people's story, so u know u are not going tru this alone.

Archived