Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death of a co-worker friend.

Holly2011

• Members

My co-worker friend killed himself. We went through training together and got close. He called me Sis and I called him Bro. I can't stop thinking about his laugh and everything about him. I've never dealt with suicide before. He was in a relationship and couldn't handle the end of that relationship. They had been on and off again and again. I saw him go days without eating, without talking, and without sleeping when the relationship was off. I tried to encourage him. I'm just so shocked and sad for his family and his ex. I just don't understand this. It doesn't seem real that he shot himself and is gone. There is nothing in the paper, nothing in the ME site, nothing to show me it was real. I wish I could say goodbye but they are flying his body to his home state and the funeral will take place there. Everyone at work keeps asking me questions b/c they knew we were close. It's just confusing and sad. I just wanted to get this out somewhere.

• Members

My co-worker friend killed himself. We went through training together and got close. He called me Sis and I called him Bro. I can't stop thinking about his laugh and everything about him. I've never dealt with suicide before. He was in a relationship and couldn't handle the end of that relationship. They had been on and off again and again. I saw him go days without eating, without talking, and without sleeping when the relationship was off. I tried to encourage him. I'm just so shocked and sad for his family and his ex. I just don't understand this. It doesn't seem real that he shot himself and is gone. There is nothing in the paper, nothing in the ME site, nothing to show me it was real. I wish I could say goodbye but they are flying his body to his home state and the funeral will take place there. Everyone at work keeps asking me questions b/c they knew we were close. It's just confusing and sad. I just wanted to get this out somewhere.

Holly,

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. If you can find the name of the funeral home where he will be, you can leave an online condolence or goodbye. Also, sometimes people leave goodbyes on Facebook pages, so if he had one, you may want to leave a short note. Maybe your HR department will be able to help you find information; they certainly will have to be notified in order to process any benefits, etc., that he may have been entitled to. Also, HR may be able to direct you to a counselor to help you work through your grief. Talking about it, or writing about it is one way to move forward. You are more than welcome to talk to us. We will be here to listen.

ModKonnie

Archived