Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Dad

SyrCsKsgirlyboi

• Members
SyrCsKsgirlyboi

I lost my Dad on Saturday April 9th. Tomorrow night is the funeral and I'm not coping well. My dad and I had a rocky relationship for years. Wasnt until 4 years ago that we came to terms with things and made amends. Dad had been sick for that time and suffered alot. I know all the cliche things about he's in a better place. And I know he's not suffering. But I'm going back and forth with crying and being mad as h**l at him for dying. And I'm feeling really guilty because he and I didnt speak for 25 years because he was a drunk. I'm not sure how I'm suppose to feel right now.

• Members

I lost my Dad on Saturday April 9th. Tomorrow night is the funeral and I'm not coping well. My dad and I had a rocky relationship for years. Wasnt until 4 years ago that we came to terms with things and made amends. Dad had been sick for that time and suffered alot. I know all the cliche things about he's in a better place. And I know he's not suffering. But I'm going back and forth with crying and being mad as h**l at him for dying. And I'm feeling really guilty because he and I didnt speak for 25 years because he was a drunk. I'm not sure how I'm suppose to feel right now.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Of course you aren't coping well, and feeling guilty, angry, heartbroken is all perfectly normal. I am glad you made amends with him while you could. We all wish we could go back and change things, but we can't.

For now, just grieve and miss him. I wish you well at the funeral. Come tell us all about him when you can.

ModKonnie

• Members
hawaiianwolverine

SyrCsk,

So sorry about your father... Your situation sounds VERY CLOSE to what I am going through.. Iam grievig oo, but i is all SO HARD to deal wth... My older sister an I had a HUGE fight last night on the phon and I swear EVERYONE could hear it.. I am in Texas and grew up in Michigan where I'm from, where my dad lived.. My mom passed away almost 20 years ago, on New Years Eve, and I thought th word ended.. Please know you are not alone. Im having trouble typing on this site, like I do on Facebook. Please write me on my email and we can chat there or some other place..

Your in my thoughts and prayers!! ((((HUGS))))

Fred

Archived