Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

6 months

Brody

• Members

Hi all,

Thursday marks 6 months since my work friend's daughter died. Should I get a card, or would it be better to wait for the one year mark?

What kind of card - I guess a thinking of you kind of card?

Thanks,

Brody

• Members

I would get a card. thinking of you would be good. the one year mark is coming up for me and i got my son a thank you card. thanks for helping in the toughest ever part of life.. i think it would make her feel good carrie

• Members

Brody,

I think a card letting him know you remember and you are thinking of him is a wonderful idea. One of the more painful parts of this awful journey is realizing how quickly others move on and forget. Not that we ever want others to carry on in sadness but to carry the experience and remember how important it is to let people know how important they are to us every day. One of the only things we are left with is hope that somewhere along the way our children made a positive difference in others lives.

Thank you for continuing to show your kind soul.

• Members

Brody,

Awww that is such a lovely and thoughtful idea! If your still unsure, what about a nice card that you can add your own msg on the inside - Just to let you know I'm always here and thinking of you?

Sometimes the cards can be quite vaigue and need a bit more of a personal touch or to some people they can be a huge part on realisation that someone really cares, especially to remeber an six months anniversary!

Take care, I'm sure that what ever you decide to do will be a lovely and warm gesture. x

• Members

Brody,

Awww that is such a lovely and thoughtful idea! If your still unsure, what about a nice card that you can add your own msg on the inside - Just to let you know I'm always here and thinking of you?

Sometimes the cards can be quite vaigue and need a bit more of a personal touch or to some people they can be a huge part on realisation that someone really cares, especially to remeber an six months anniversary!

Take care, I'm sure that what ever you decide to do will be a lovely and warm gesture. x

Thanks Kitty - I did just that. I bought a blank card, wrote a little something inside, and I will leave it for him tomorow morning.

Thanks again!

Brody

• Members

Awwww your welcome!

Thats so nice of you! I'm sure your friend will feel a glow of warmth inside after recieving your card. :)

• Members

Hello all...jst jumping on quickly to let u know that I did get home from hosp...doing ok today tho wicked tired...yesterday I slept mostly. Am doing doctor spots today. And alert tired...nasty weather Outside. Prolly will sleep she we fget home. Will post more later. Love u all..carol. mikesmomrs

Archived