Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a best friend who was like a brother

MelindaB

• Members

My best friend from childhood was killed on Jan 22 of this year. He was like a brother to me. I have dealt with deaths from illness and even old age, but for the life of me I can not grasp how do deal with this. The people killed him and hid his body for three days. The coroner said he died on the 19th, but he was pronounced dead on the 22nd. And that is the date they are using in the obit. But like I said how do I handle someone being killed(actually murdered is the correct word)?:angry::(

• Members

MelindaB,

What a senseless tragedy you are suffering from. It is difficult enough to handle a loved one's passing, but an act of violence makes it all the more difficult. Hopefully, police will catch the criminal(s) and justice will be served for your friend. As best as you can, try to dwell on the happy times with your friend. Cry, grieve and inch forward little by little. Do you have family or other friends to talk to and share your thoughts and emotions? What about his family? Is there a grieving support group in your community you could try out?

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear friend. We will be here to support you. You can come here and rant, cry, mourn and remember him.

When you feel up to it, share his story--your friendship and his life. We will be here waiting.

ModKonnie

• Members

My best friend from childhood was killed on Jan 22 of this year. He was like a brother to me. I have dealt with deaths from illness and even old age, but for the life of me I can not grasp how do deal with this. The people killed him and hid his body for three days. The coroner said he died on the 19th, but he was pronounced dead on the 22nd. And that is the date they are using in the obit. But like I said how do I handle someone being killed(actually murdered is the correct word)?:angry::(

Sorry to hear about your friend. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Archived