Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My husband to heroin overdose

mywelshcorgi

• Members
mywelshcorgi

On December 4th I received the call I think I always knew I was going to get. My husband of 5 years, partner and best friend for 12+ years had been found dead of a drug overdose, I feel like the only person going through this. We had no children, it was always just the two of us and our dogs and cats. I am not saying that my husband was a saint or our relationship was perfect, in fact I had moved from NJ where we lived to TX only 4 months earlier to escape what had become a toxic and dangerous environment. For the last year he had been hanging out with guys who used heroin and cocaine and being a recovering addict who had spent time in prison this was not a helay relaationship. He was unable to find anyone who would give him half a chance with a job because of the felonies he had done time for more than 8 years earlier even though he had just graduated from Rown University with a bachelor's degree in Sociology. There is not a day that goes by that I dont think about him and hesitate when I reach for the phone to call him. What do I do now? I am 34 years old and have just moved to a new state where I know no one. Its great to be with my parents but I need more. I need people my age. I dont want to be the third wheel in my parents' lives. I feel like I'm going to be alone forever but I really cant see finding anyone as special as him...

• Members

On December 4th I received the call I think I always knew I was going to get. My husband of 5 years, partner and best friend for 12+ years had been found dead of a drug overdose, I feel like the only person going through this. We had no children, it was always just the two of us and our dogs and cats. I am not saying that my husband was a saint or our relationship was perfect, in fact I had moved from NJ where we lived to TX only 4 months earlier to escape what had become a toxic and dangerous environment. For the last year he had been hanging out with guys who used heroin and cocaine and being a recovering addict who had spent time in prison this was not a helay relaationship. He was unable to find anyone who would give him half a chance with a job because of the felonies he had done time for more than 8 years earlier even though he had just graduated from Rown University with a bachelor's degree in Sociology. There is not a day that goes by that I dont think about him and hesitate when I reach for the phone to call him. What do I do now? I am 34 years old and have just moved to a new state where I know no one. Its great to be with my parents but I need more. I need people my age. I dont want to be the third wheel in my parents' lives. I feel like I'm going to be alone forever but I really cant see finding anyone as special as him...

Hi and welcome to our community,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your husband. Your situation is sadly tragic and unfortunate, but it is not all that unusual, and you are definitely not alone. During my regular job, I am the college supervisor for a women's prison. I honestly hear these types of sad stories constantly. Drug abuse is an awful problem in our country, one that tears families apart and ruins lives.

You've probably heard this before, but you truly need to join a support group of some type. Try looking for a local chapter of Narcotics Anonymous, and they may be able to lead you to the proper support group for people in your situation who have experienced what you are going through. Living with a person who suffered from an addiction takes its toll on people and affects them, too.

In the meantime, is there some organization you are interested in? A church group? A fitness club? A signing group?

You will not be alone forever. But for now, grieve for him and keep moving forward as you are trying to do. We will be here to support and encourage you. I look forward to talking with you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi there, this is my first time posting, but I just wanted to tell you that you are absolutely not alone. I lost my husband of 8 years to a drug overdose just 3 weeks ago. I know what you mean about reaching for the phone- I do it all day long. I keep thinking, "oh, I need to tell him that" or "I haven't talked to him today, why hasn't he called me yet?" It always takes a couple of seconds for me to remember that he's gone. So its those times when I try to go be by myself and talk to him alone. It might sound crazy but it makes me feel better.

Right now I'm struggling with the thought of being alone for the rest of my life, and then the guilt that I feel for wanting to not be alone. No one could ever or will ever replace him- but I haven't been alone in 10 years (all of my adult life) and I am so scared that I will have to raise our daughter by myself.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack your thread, I just wanted to let you know that you are definitely not alone.

• Members

Hi there, this is my first time posting, but I just wanted to tell you that you are absolutely not alone. I lost my husband of 8 years to a drug overdose just 3 weeks ago. I know what you mean about reaching for the phone- I do it all day long. I keep thinking, "oh, I need to tell him that" or "I haven't talked to him today, why hasn't he called me yet?" It always takes a couple of seconds for me to remember that he's gone. So its those times when I try to go be by myself and talk to him alone. It might sound crazy but it makes me feel better.

Right now I'm struggling with the thought of being alone for the rest of my life, and then the guilt that I feel for wanting to not be alone. No one could ever or will ever replace him- but I haven't been alone in 10 years (all of my adult life) and I am so scared that I will have to raise our daughter by myself.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack your thread, I just wanted to let you know that you are definitely not alone.

HI Laurenlou,

I want to welcome you, too, to our community. I am glad you stopped by to share your story. We all need support, and when we get it from people who have experienced similar tragedies, it's sometimes more helpful. Thank you for being so considerate despite your recent loss and grieving. We are here to support you also.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hey my name is Lauren and I lost my fiance to a heroin overdose jan 30 of this year. He was 25, our daughter Dahlia is now 6months and 2 weeks old. He was in ny working on getting better, or he was supposed to be getting help for his problems before our daughter was born. He was supposed to come home, meet his daugher and never did. I get by everyday, i have no idea how. We had known eachother 9 years and have been together 6 years. He had a really hard childhood, his mother is an addict. Out of 4 children he was the oldest and the only one she raised. He was abused emotionally physically, he never had the support he needed to get better not having much family at all, his father also died of a heroin overdose at age 27 when Billy was 5. Every day seems to get harder, as he is everywhere and in everything. My daughter looks so much like him, and as she gets older hitting milestones, i cry every time, alittle cause im excited she did something, and then cause i know hes not here watching her too. He was my soulmate my best friend. the person i was closest to in this whole world. I feel so numb, but in the worst pain I've ever felt all at the same time. I talk to him alot when im alone, or with my daughter. I dont know how people live like this. I want to see my daughter grow, for her to have a better childhood than he did, and to know how much her daddy loved her and did want her, wanted to be with us, but I want to be with him, nothing is the same, including who i am now. I think i have changed so much without him i hate this depressive sad person i have become. Everyone keeps telling me to talk to a therapist or someone but idk if it will help, his ashes, his tshirt or necklace are so important to me, but then i remember how unimportant they really are that they are not him and im always looking for something to make me feel closer to him again. I dont do drugs, bearly drink and i cannot understand addiction i have been very supportive of him getting better as he has been in and out of prison due to drug offenses, How do people stay alive after losing a husband? I continue but i am so lost without him here. so sorry this is so long i just dont know how this works, im trying anything cause i feel like im losing my mind between being fake smiles all day at school and never letting my lil girl see me fall apart no matter how old she is, i think she can feel it.

• Members

Hey my name is Lauren and I lost my fiance to a heroin overdose jan 30 of this year. He was 25, our daughter Dahlia is now 6months and 2 weeks old. He was in ny working on getting better, or he was supposed to be getting help for his problems before our daughter was born. He was supposed to come home, meet his daugher and never did. I get by everyday, i have no idea how. We had known eachother 9 years and have been together 6 years. He had a really hard childhood, his mother is an addict. Out of 4 children he was the oldest and the only one she raised. He was abused emotionally physically, he never had the support he needed to get better not having much family at all, his father also died of a heroin overdose at age 27 when Billy was 5. Every day seems to get harder, as he is everywhere and in everything. My daughter looks so much like him, and as she gets older hitting milestones, i cry every time, alittle cause im excited she did something, and then cause i know hes not here watching her too. He was my soulmate my best friend. the person i was closest to in this whole world. I feel so numb, but in the worst pain I've ever felt all at the same time. I talk to him alot when im alone, or with my daughter. I dont know how people live like this. I want to see my daughter grow, for her to have a better childhood than he did, and to know how much her daddy loved her and did want her, wanted to be with us, but I want to be with him, nothing is the same, including who i am now. I think i have changed so much without him i hate this depressive sad person i have become. Everyone keeps telling me to talk to a therapist or someone but idk if it will help, his ashes, his tshirt or necklace are so important to me, but then i remember how unimportant they really are that they are not him and im always looking for something to make me feel closer to him again. I dont do drugs, bearly drink and i cannot understand addiction i have been very supportive of him getting better as he has been in and out of prison due to drug offenses, How do people stay alive after losing a husband? I continue but i am so lost without him here. so sorry this is so long i just dont know how this works, im trying anything cause i feel like im losing my mind between being fake smiles all day at school and never letting my lil girl see me fall apart no matter how old she is, i think she can feel it.

Hi Lauren,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your fiance. It is very hard to understand addiction, particularly when you've never been addicted. I work at a college in a prison, and I see the effects of addiction on people's lives all the time.

Therapy or counseling will help you to find ways to deal with your grief. For now, you take it a little at a time and you keep moving forward whether you feel like it or not. Cry when you want to, and little by little things will start to look better.

Do you have a family to help you? Do you have any close friends?

You can come talk to us about this. Talking really does help you see your way through the black flog and gray depression. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Laurenlou and DahliaAvallyne -

I know I am not alone and neither are you. I was glad to read your posts. I am so sorry for your losses. My wife died in May of 2010. It has been almost two years. She was 35 years old and I was 34 at the time. Our only child, a boy, was just shy of his 5th birthday.

She struggled with recovery from her addiction for several years. She was on a methadone treatment program for a long time but was doing well and we were just beginning to blossom as a family, having bought our first home. She had received promotions and awards where she worked and we were just coming out of some of the financial difficulties that we experienced earlier in our marriage.

She did have a relapse or two (that I only found out about after she died), but generally she stuck with the methadone program and was really trying. She just wanted to be "normal". She was exceptionally intelligent, very attractive, down-to-earth and the most loving wife and mother of my son I could have ever hoped for. To call it a shock when I received that fateful phone call would be an understatement. I was devastated (and still am in other ways). I really believed in her. She was doing so well. We were planning on having a second child after she was finished with her methadone treatment/detox. She was down to what amounted to about the smallest dose of methadone before being taken completely off of it. I thought that chapter was over in her (our) life. I was never a heroin or hard drug user, so it was and is difficult for me to really understand the addiction to this drug.

She died though. She is gone. I am left alone with our beautiful son. I would have never imagined the challenges I have faced from this tragedy. Dealing with raising our child by myself, dealing with in-laws, home ownership - We bought a "fixer uppper" that we were going to remodel and repair together. It is difficult to do this alone and the way some of my so-called friends and relatives have been following this loss is often frustrating.

When I first met her I had no idea she was a recovering addict. Only after I really fell in love with her did I find out about her addiction. But she appeared to me to really be serious about staying clean and her recovery, and she was for the most part, for the nearly seven years I knew, loved and shared a home with her. I always trusted her. But then this happened.

I miss her so much, I forgive her, but I have days where I find myself profoundly upset with her. Mine and my son's lives have been forever altered. This loss was like most : pure heartbreak and complexity. So much confusion and unanswered questions.

I am so sorry for anyone who has lost anyone they loved. To lose your spouse at such a young age is another kind of tragedy. To lose them to heroin, when you believe that they are working hard to be clean and in recovery....My son will never know his mother. It breaks my heart. I am doing better nearly two years later, but sometimes, like today, I hit a wall and feel so heartbroken and terrible over her death. Even though I get angry or depressed to varying degrees, mostly I just miss the beautiful woman who married and loved me and gave me such a beautiful son. I just miss her. She was loving and caring and always there for me, even when I was much less than a perfect husband, which was on a semi-regular basis.

Anyway, I am so sorry for your losses. My hope is that one day heroin addiction will be treated by society as a public health issue rather than a criminal one shrouded in myths and shame and guilt. So many wonderful, talented, and amazing people have been claimed by this drug. I don't know what else to say about it. Nothing I can ever say or do will ever bring her or anyone else back that has fallen to this drug.

Thanks for reading this.

• Members

Heads up—22.4 MILLION adults in the U.S. used illicit drugs in the past month. These are not some numbers dreamed up by a scaremongering entity with an axe to grind. They come from a governmental agency, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).  Get a New FREE eBook:  Discover the Latest News and Valuable Information on Drug and Alcohol Addiction PLUS 2013 Drug Statistics from SAMHSA - Instant Download: http://bit.ly/addictionebook

• Members

Heads up—22.4 MILLION adults in the U.S. used illicit drugs in the past month. These are not some numbers dreamed up by a scaremongering entity with an axe to grind. They come from a governmental agency, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).  Get a New FREE eBook:  Discover the Latest News and Valuable Information on Drug and Alcohol Addiction PLUS 2013 Drug Statistics from SAMHSA - Instant Download: http://bit.ly/addictionebook

• Members

My husband died 3 weeks and 2 days ago. Every breath is excruciating. We have a 4 year old girl who looks exactly like him. He went to buy heroin and was sold powdered fentanyl. Then came the banging on my door by the police to tell me he is never coming home. He was a manic depressive and bipolar. About every 12 months he'd stop his meds and self medicate. I was used to it. And that's when I begin blaming myself. We were together 7 years and he was my soulmate, best friend, and my hero. He took my 2 sons, from a bad marriage and raised them as his own. It was completely worth the trade off. But the hole he has left in our family is unimaginable. I want so much to be with him but I am tied to this life, whatever it is, for our children. Sorry this is so long. It's my 1st post and I have shared this pain with no one. He earned the money and I stayed with our little girl. I am terrified on top of this horrific pain. We were left with nothing. He was only 30. How do I on to face this insurmountable chaos, when all I want is to be with him?

• Members

I lost my husband one month ago. It's feels like it gets much worse before it gets better. I feel lost and so alone. There pain is truly unbearable.

There really aren't consoling words to help in a situation like this. I'm trying myself to somehow find some peace.

I do know my husband would want to see me smiling and enjoying life. I decided today that this would be the best way to honor him. I have no idea if I'm capable of doing this, but I'm going to try each day to get myself better.

• Members

My husband died on 09/07/2015 to a heroin overdose as well..we had just pushed our 2 year old daughter in the swing. 30 minutes passed so I went to go check on him..I found him on the bathroom floor with a needle next to him..he was clean for 2 years. I understand your pain. Everyday I wake up to relive this nightmare.

• Members

I lost my husband on Monday. It still doesn't feel real. We had separated for the third time a year ago, but a phone call in July brought me back to help him recover from a surgery since his family would not help him. We have been together for all but 4 days since. He had been in rehab, but could not continue until after 2 separate surgeries. The second was scheduled for Monday. He had a couple of relapses, but he truly wanted to get better or so I thought. I am dying inside. I keep telling myself I shouldn't have left him alone. I should have been kinder. The should haves are killing me. To make matters worse his family is blaming me. I don't do drugs or drink. I did everything I could including strip searching him when I suspected he was using. I couldn't stay awake 24 hours a day, but feel there should have been more I could do.

• Members

My heart hurts reading your stories. I genuinely ache so deep in my heart for all of you and I want you to know you can get through this. On July 18th 2011, three days after our daughters 3rd birthday my husband accidentally overdosed on heroin. Like all of you know this was a long battle that we had been fighting. It has been 4 years since his death and I still think about him all the time. I promise it gets easier but you never forget (as you shouldn't) but you also will never be the same. You are now women with a purpose. To raise those babies that are still here, to honor the men we loved, and to be resilient through the most horrible times. You may not all believe the same way I do but know that you are in someone's prayers tonight and in someone's heart. XOXO

• Members
Miriamhuerta60

I'm so sorry for your loss and everything you went through. You are not alone.

• Members

I lost my fiance 2 months before we were supposed to get married to a heroine overdose. He had been clean for almost a year and we were about to start a family together. He had a horrible week lost his grandmother, his job, fought with his parents but the straw that broke the camels back was his mother telling that she didn't love him in a text message. It was too much for him to take and his addiction won. I woke up next to him in bed and I continue to live this nightmare come to life. Its the hardest thing I have ever had to go through in life and I have been through a lot. No one understands the guilt and shame that goes with the death of a loved one from an overdose. People just think he was a junkie and he deserved to die. But he was not his addiction and I know that, I know who he was and I know he hated being an addict, I know this because he told me. No one wants to be a drug addict. And when he passed and I had to talk about it and answer questions from hundreds of people most of whom I never met and don't  know it was hard. Living alone at 31 and having to go through this life without my best friend is hard. I go to therapy but I still feel alone. I have very few friends now and I feel like I am a burden to them most days. I feel like I am the friend that is too sad to hang out with or talk to. Most people are uncomfortable when I bring him up and so they avoid me. Being lonely is hard to deal with when I was used to having him around. I also deal with the fact that many people try to invalidate my grief because we weren't married and we hadn't been together for years but I know that we had the kind of love that people dream of and some never find. I know that he was my soulmate I know that I was his. I know we had true love but it still doesn't stop people from making their comments to try and cut me down. He had 2 children and their mothers have done a fine job of reminding me that I will never have his children and I will never be a part of his childrens lives. That hurts because I love those kids more than I ever thought possible. Reading this lets me know that even though our circumstances are exactly the same they are similar enough to know that someone understands how I feel and that what I am feeling is valid. I miss my Nicholas and I will never forget him and always love him but he is gone and now I need the support of people who can understand what it is to live life after the love of yours died of an overdose.

• Moderators

KC,

I am sorry you lost your fiance.  Don't ever let anyone try to invalidate your loving relationship!  If they do so, tell them, "You just tried to invalidate everything we have together!"  Call them on it!  Most people say stupid things out of ignorance and without thinking, it's like they need to be taught how to respond to us.

You don't need to be married for 50 years to have an amazing soulmate, it is something you know within your heart.  My husband and I knew when we met that we were made to be together, at least as friends, it grew quickly because of our connection, it is a once in a lifetime thing, IF you're lucky!

Never let anyone belittle what you have together, HE knew it and YOU know it, and that's what counts!

You are right, he is not his addiction!  It's hard to understand how his mom could possibly text him that, that is cruel and inhumane.  She will have to live with that the rest of her life, and that's pretty hard.  I found out my husband was using Meth three weeks before he died, he came to me and told me.  He was in rehab when he died.  I have learned to take the whole of the man, not the part, he was everything I knew him to be and perfect for me...it's eleven years later and I miss him each and every day, I talk to him in my mind and sometimes aloud.

• Members
Shelbyellen
On 10/23/2016 at 7:50 PM, KC0506 said:

I lost my fiance 2 months before we were supposed to get married to a heroine overdose. He had been clean for almost a year and we were about to start a family together. He had a horrible week lost his grandmother, his job, fought with his parents but the straw that broke the camels back was his mother telling that she didn't love him in a text message. It was too much for him to take and his addiction won. I woke up next to him in bed and I continue to live this nightmare come to life. Its the hardest thing I have ever had to go through in life and I have been through a lot. No one understands the guilt and shame that goes with the death of a loved one from an overdose. People just think he was a junkie and he deserved to die. But he was not his addiction and I know that, I know who he was and I know he hated being an addict, I know this because he told me. No one wants to be a drug addict. And when he passed and I had to talk about it and answer questions from hundreds of people most of whom I never met and don't  know it was hard. Living alone at 31 and having to go through this life without my best friend is hard. I go to therapy but I still feel alone. I have very few friends now and I feel like I am a burden to them most days. I feel like I am the friend that is too sad to hang out with or talk to. Most people are uncomfortable when I bring him up and so they avoid me. Being lonely is hard to deal with when I was used to having him around. I also deal with the fact that many people try to invalidate my grief because we weren't married and we hadn't been together for years but I know that we had the kind of love that people dream of and some never find. I know that he was my soulmate I know that I was his. I know we had true love but it still doesn't stop people from making their comments to try and cut me down. He had 2 children and their mothers have done a fine job of reminding me that I will never have his children and I will never be a part of his childrens lives. That hurts because I love those kids more than I ever thought possible. Reading this lets me know that even though our circumstances are exactly the same they are similar enough to know that someone understands how I feel and that what I am feeling is valid. I miss my Nicholas and I will never forget him and always love him but he is gone and now I need the support of people who can understand what it is to live life after the love of yours died of an overdose.

I really feel like we have similar situations, Caleb died just a year ago and I'm struggling so much. I would really like to talk to someone who understands. I'm really sorry for your loss.

• Members

My husband passed away just 3 weeks ago on April 24, 2017. We had been married less than 3 years, but were together more than 10 years. I came home from choir rehearsal late that night and found him on the kitchen floor - he was already gone.

He had struggled with drug addiction since he was 12 year old; he died at age 51. His drug of choice was heroin. I knew he had been using, because he always told me so that I would keep an eye on him. He promised me he wouldn't use if I wasn't at home, or if he did, to call a friend - someone to keep an eye on him. He broke that promise - but I'm not really angry with him. I'm angry at the shitty disease he had (addiction). It's so unfair. He was a good man - kind, generous, passionate about whatever he was interested in at the time.

I have such a mix of emotions in my grief: sadness, a little anger, hopelessness, feeling lost, a slight sense of relief.... That one really gets to me - why should I feel relieved that my beloved is gone? Well, it's really relief that I don't have to worry anymore; relief that he's finally at peace.

I have a long, tough road ahead of me. My life is going to change in ways I can't even imagine - and change is scary. I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other; it's all I can do.

• Moderators

Shelbyellen and timbck2,

I'm sorry for yiour losses, it's very tough.  My husband also died at 51 from heart attack, very sudden.  

All of the feelings you have are normal, even when sometimes conflicting like relief.  I hope you'll continue to read and post here, it really helps, there are people here that have been through it and understand and it validates your feelings.

• Members
On 1/2/2011 at 4:18 AM, mywelshcorgi said:

On December 4th I received the call I think I always knew I was going to get. My husband of 5 years, partner and best friend for 12+ years had been found dead of a drug overdose, I feel like the only person going through this. We had no children, it was always just the two of us and our dogs and cats. I am not saying that my husband was a saint or our relationship was perfect, in fact I had moved from NJ where we lived to TX only 4 months earlier to escape what had become a toxic and dangerous environment. For the last year he had been hanging out with guys who used heroin and cocaine and being a recovering addict who had spent time in prison this was not a helay relationship. He was unable to find anyone who would give him half a chance with a job because of the felonies he had done time for more than 8 years earlier even though he had just graduated from Rown University with a bachelor's degree in Sociology. There is not a day that goes by that I dont think about him and hesitate when I reach for the phone to call him. What do I do now? I am 34 years old and have just moved to a new state where I know no one. Its great to be with my parents but I need more. I need people my age. I dont want to be the third wheel in my parents' lives. I feel like I'm going to be alone forever but I really cant see finding anyone as special as him...

I'm so sorry for you loss and know the pain you must be experiencing.  Of all the major life events you can experience, losing someone you love is one of the most painful events that you will endure. When you experience the death of a loved one, a multitude of powerful emotions come to the surface and the intensity of these emotions can be overwhelming; even more so when  your loved one died as a result of drug addiction. Along with the positive memories that you may hold of that person, there can also be negative memories that you feel which can make the grieving process more difficult to bear

Addiction is a disease that makes the addict selfish to see the havoc they cre.ate or care about the people whose lives they shatter.  Addiction is the prison where the locks are on the inside and the deepest wounds are often self-inflicted and the ugliest scars are often invisible.  But before you can break out of prison, you must first realize you are locked up.  The worst thing is knowing a person is using and not being able to convince them they are on a dead-end road that leads to nowhere.   It is unfortunate that your husband addiction was stronger than his ability not to use.  I hope you find comfort in knowing that your loved one is in no more pain, physically or mentally.

You are strong and eventually will get through this painful, horrible journey; perhaps not today or even tomorrow; or next month; but someday you will get through this.   There is no shame in beginning again, for you get get a chance to build bigger and better than before.  Know that you are not alone and that we are all here for one another and God, who is the Ultimate Comforter, is just a prayer away. 

Stay strong and be blessed.

• Members
On 5/16/2017 at 5:20 AM, timbck2 said:

I have such a mix of emotions in my grief: sadness, a little anger, hopelessness, feeling lost, a slight sense of relief.... That one really gets to me - why should I feel relieved that my beloved is gone? Well, it's really relief that I don't have to worry anymore; relief that he's finally at peace.

Don't ever feel bad for having the feeling of relief. Addiction is a horrible disease that knows no religion, race, or creed. It attacks with a vengeance that knows no bounds. Your relief comes because he doesn't struggle anymore. Nobody wants their spouse to struggle or have pain so your relief that his pain is over is perfectly normal. Furthermore, you are allowed to have a sense of relief that you don't have to fear the addiction anymore either. Don't feel guilty for these feelings and don't let anybody ever tell you that you should.

• Members
MissGreenKristine

My name is Kristina. I'm 31 years old and lost my fiance Todd due to ten years of herein use that then aggravated his unknown heart abnormality that we all found out about only after the autopsy. Just something he was born with. His big, kind, generous, precious heart just could not take anymore of it. 

My daughter Lucy is 3 yeas old. Todd died at the beginning of January 2017. 

None of us are alone. We are all in the same spot under that sky. For months I have wanted to die and scream and I've never felt more alone in my entire life but so many of us are here, in the exact same spot. 

You don't have to be alone either. Message me and we can call each other or just text. None of us have to live in so much agony as we do. Send me a message so we can talk.... Any of you. We need each other. Now more than ever. 

• Members
4 hours ago, MissGreenKristine said:

My name is Kristina. I'm 31 years old and lost my fiance Todd due to ten years of herein use that then aggravated his unknown heart abnormality that we all found out about only after the autopsy. Just something he was born with. His big, kind, generous, precious heart just could not take anymore of it. 

My daughter Lucy is 3 yeas old. Todd died at the beginning of January 2017. 

None of us are alone. We are all in the same spot under that sky. For months I have wanted to die and scream and I've never felt more alone in my entire life but so many of us are here, in the exact same spot. 

You don't have to be alone either. Message me and we can call each other or just text. None of us have to live in so much agony as we do. Send me a message so we can talk.... Any of you. We need each other. Now more than ever.

I am so sorry for your loss, but know first hand the pain you are going through.  I'm sorry Todd was not able to get the help he needed to overcome his addiction.  I am so hurt that  Lucy will have to grow up without her father.   Addiction is a devastating disease difficult to overcome.  Nothing about it is easy; and unfortunately addicts make it worse and can't face it head on and as a result, lose the battle. It is the only prison where the keys are on the inside; Addiction is a family disease;  when one person uses, the whole family suffers.

We as a society must not hate the addict, but hate the disease; don't hate the person, hate the behavior.  It's hard to watch it, imagine how hard it was for Todd to live it and I'm really sorry he didn't have the strength to overcome it.

I agree, we are not alone; and we were never meant to be alone.  I believe one of the reasons we are on this earth is to learn from, help, support and love one another.   I believe we are on this forum at time on this day for a reason - to uplift one another - definitely; but more than that -   l like to think God put us here for a special reason - to accomplish something  better than life before we die - perhaps to try to convince people there is a reason to live.

Take care of that beautiful baby daughter and yourself.    God bless you and keep you, keep us all, safe.

• Moderators

Kristina,

You are so sweet!  We're here, we're listening...

Archived