Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my daughter

Michaelw

• Members

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the site and have been sitting on the sidelines since I joined. My wife and I lost our daughter Holly (age 25) to a rare form of sarcoma this past April. She left us a beautiful granddaughter Leila (15 months old) whom we obviosly cherish. We also have another daughter Jessi who is currently in graduate school for physical therapy. As a family we are trying to cope with this as best we can on a day to day basis. Obviosly at times, it is very overwhelming.

Mike

• Members

Hi Mike! I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. My daughter passed away

August 18 of this year from leukemia. How are you and your wife coping? And your other

daughter, how is she? We are of course devastated and I personally don't think I'm coping

very well. I mean, how can you wrap your mind around this? My name is Shelly and I usually

go into the Loss of an Adult Child thread on this website. If you visit there, you will be

overwhelmed with the wonderful people who are so caring and who've obviously also

lost an adult child. Would love to hear back from you and share this journey we find

ourselves on. Peace to you and your family, Mike. By the way, I go under the name of

shellyku.

• Members

Mike-I'm so sorry for your loss. My son Westley died in January of this year right before what would have been his 21st birthday. It is still hard for me to say that. He was not married and had no children, but I have a daughter and a 2 1/2 year old granddaughter and my son in law. It has been very hard to put on a happy face for the holidays, but I don't want to spoil their holidays. Please join the thread Loss of Adult Child and tell us about Holly. I have been coming here since June and it has helped me so much to find others who know what I"m going through. It is overwhelming and I for one just want the holidays to be over with. Again, I'm so sorry for the reason you are here, but glad you have found us. Peace and hugs to you and your family

• Members

Hi Mike: I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious daughter, Holly. I wish that there never had to be a site like this, but it is definitely the place to come for those who need support, comfort and understanding on this terrible journey of learning to live without our child physically in our lives. I lost my son, Mike, at the age of 31, on Oct 14, 2006, to brain cancer. Mike left behind 3 young boys, who are now 14, 13 and 6. We do spend a lot of time with them, which of course is a blessing. I am glad that you have your little granddaughter, Leila (what a beautiful name), and your daughter Jessi. Please join us on Loss of Adult Child...you will find understanding and comfort there...we are at all stages of this journey, new, been here a while, and been here for a long while, but the end result is the same...we are a family and we truly understand what each of us is going through. Hope to see you there.

love and peace,

carol mikesmomrs

• Members

Mike,

I am sorry you have a reason to be here, but this site has been an absolute lifesaver for me. My 23 yr old daughter Ashley died in February of this year from complications of H1N1, after having been in a medically induced coma for much of the previous 3 months.

I did not realize how much I depend on this site for comfort and understanding, until I couldn't get on it for the past 3 days. Although I don't post everyday, I read the other posts almost every day. Please join the Loss of An Adult Child board, and tell us about Holly and your granddaughter.

I hope you can find some comfort and a little bit of peace at this difficult time of year through the words of the others on this site.

Amy/Ashley's mom

• Members

Hello Mike

Welcome to this wonderful warm compsssionate place. I lost my only son , Stephen 3 years ago and this site and the people here helped to keep me sane and safe. You will be heard and your pain accepted.

I am so sorry for the loss of your very precious daughter, Holly. When you can please post a picture of Holly and tell us more about her.

I am sorrry that you need to be here but know you are welcomed

• Members

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the site and have been sitting on the sidelines since I joined. My wife and I lost our daughter Holly (age 25) to a rare form of sarcoma this past April. She left us a beautiful granddaughter Leila (15 months old) whom we obviosly cherish. We also have another daughter Jessi who is currently in graduate school for physical therapy. As a family we are trying to cope with this as best we can on a day to day basis. Obviosly at times, it is very overwhelming.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Welcome to our wonderfully warm and supportive community. I am so very sorry about the loss of your precious Holly. You will find here much encouragement, support and sage advice for traveling through this grief journey.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hello Mike

Welcome to this wonderful warm compsssionate place. I lost my only son , Stephen 3 years ago and this site and the people here helped to keep me sane and safe. You will be heard and your pain accepted.

I am so sorry for the loss of your very precious daughter, Holly. When you can please post a picture of Holly and tell us more about her.

I am sorrry that you need to be here but know you are welcomed

Thank you for your note. This is all so very raw, somehow we will get through it.

Mike

• Members

Thanks everyone for your notes, I appreciate all of them. For awhile it seemed like my family was all alone in this terrible journey. Now I know that we are not.

Mike

Archived