Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
jordansproudmom

Good days in a row and BAM! Bad day.

Yesterday we had to rush my 15 yr old to the hospital. He past out at home. He is a virtually healthy 15 year old boy. He has been doing really well since his brother died 10/20/07. But of course he has been holding it in. He watched his brother die. So, turns out he took a Seconal. I don't know much about those but it kicked him down hard. He ended up being ok. But to get that call that your only remaining child has been rushed to the hospital. He felt really bad today and he text me and told me how last night was horrible and it will never happen again. I hope I can believe him. I wish he would talk to someone about what he's going through. But he lives with his dad. I can't force him into it. He is the type that bottles how he feels. Which is so dangerous. Please pray for us. Hope everyone is coping with the holidays. Just call me the Grinch. I am not into it this year.  :(

laquinn   

I am praying for you and hope that everything will be ok with your son. Yeah I to try to keep things bottled up I don't want to bother anyone when I need to talk and get things out I just hold it in no I know that is not good but when other people are around and I start to feeling bad I just hold it all in till I am alone and then when I can't take it anymore I let it out.

I am sending you a hug and hoping all is better tonight

Lela

Thank you so much. I guess yesterday was just a bad day. I cried a lot.  I did have a dream about Jordan last night. It was strange but it was very real. This is the first dream I have had about him since he died.  We were riding in the car and I was about to ask him what he would want at his funeral is he died. I woke up before he could tell me. I guess in the dream I was making sure his funeral would have been the way he wanted it to be. Jordan and I often had long talks about deep subjects. We did talk about death as well. One of our last talks (2 days before he was killed) we were talking about how horrible it would be to take someones life. How we could never live with ourselves. Two days later his life was taken away from him at the hands of a drunk driver. I wish time would fly by so I would not have to feel this intense loss and pain. But it's only been 6 weeks. Such a short time. It's weird.

[user=18489]laquinn[/user] wrote:

I am praying for you and hope that everything will be ok with your son. Yeah I to try to keep things bottled up I don't want to bother anyone when I need to talk and get things out I just hold it in no I know that is not good but when other people are around and I start to feeling bad I just hold it all in till I am alone and then when I can't take it anymore I let it out.

I am sending you a hug and hoping all is better tonight

Lela

laquinn   

My mom was also killed by a drunk driver. It was the day before my sister was to be married and  I was in the car with her. I guy that hit us only got a ticket for running the stop sign $25 that is all. That was in 1977 things have changed alittle bit now I guess.

I hope you have a good day tonight I am to go to  a Christmas party at the police station where my husband worked it is gonna be so hard. But I will be thinking about you and saying a prayer for you.

And yes yesterday was a bad day I just could not stop crying I guess this season isreally starting to get to me.

Hugs Lela

Forgive me if I don't do this right, but it's my first time.  My 21 year old daughter, Kate, was murdered August 25, 2006.  Last Christmas was really really hard, but this year seems even worse.  A friend told me it's because now we know that she's never coming back.  Last year we were still in shock.  Christmas is just another day on the calendar and because it's the 25th it means it's another anniversay.  December 25th will be 16 months since she was taken from us.  I don't understand how this terrible thing happened to my beautiful baby girl.  She was on her way to work and was abducted from a parking lot at 9:00 in the morning.  Some horrible perverted creature took her, and killed her.  I don't know how we continue to get up and function every day but we do, because it's the only way I know to honor her.  So for Kate, we will put up a Christmas tree and hang her stocking and probably even get her a small gift.  For her, we'll remember the good times that we had and even some of the family fights.   We'll talk about her and keep her alive in our hearts.

Hi Kate's mom,

I couldn't figure out how to post on this site myself lol! I think I sorta have it down. But I still get confused sometimes. So, I just use the quote key. Hopefully you will see my reply. My son Jordan (17) was killed 10/20/07. This has been a string of firsts for us. Thanksgiving would have been ok if it wouldn't have been for the girl that killed him (she was on drugs and drinking while driving an ATV my son was a passenger) had not sent us letters from jail. They had details about the accident we did not know and would have not wanted to even know. She is a very stupid, selfish girl. She never once said she was sorry or took any responsibility. She even went as far as to say Jordan could see us from heaven (not true according to scripture) and he wanted to tell us he was okay.  To top it off her crazy mother visted the grave on Thanksgiving day and someone saw her do some type of ritual dance. We did not get to grieve and try to get through the day because of their drama.  Christmas will be awful and his birthday is 01/02.  My feeling is we will get through these first right after is death so maybe next year will be better.  I doubt it will ever be easy or ok. I am not decorating. I did take a little tree to his grave. It's Christmas Heather so it's little white flowers. It's really cute. I will take it and plant it when the season is over.  I have a 15 yr old son left. He lives with his dad and he has had a hard time dealing with this. He watched Jordan take his last breath.  I don't know how we keep living. How this world keeps spinning without or beautiful babies. I will always listen to you. I would love for you to tell me all about Kate. I would love to tell you about Jordan.

Simone

[user=18870]missngkate[/user] wrote:

Forgive me if I don't do this right, but it's my first time.  My 21 year old daughter, Kate, was murdered August 25, 2006.  Last Christmas was really really hard, but this year seems even worse.  A friend told me it's because now we know that she's never coming back.  Last year we were still in shock.  Christmas is just another day on the calendar and because it's the 25th it means it's another anniversay.  December 25th will be 16 months since she was taken from us.  I don't understand how this terrible thing happened to my beautiful baby girl.  She was on her way to work and was abducted from a parking lot at 9:00 in the morning.  Some horrible perverted creature took her, and killed her.  I don't know how we continue to get up and function every day but we do, because it's the only way I know to honor her.  So for Kate, we will put up a Christmas tree and hang her stocking and probably even get her a small gift.  For her, we'll remember the good times that we had and even some of the family fights.   We'll talk about her and keep her alive in our hearts.

Simone, thank you for your reply.  We put a small tree on Kate's grave last year too and will do it again this year.  She was a really special girl.  She graduated from High School in 2003 and then went to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh where she got a degree in Photography.  She wanted to open  her own business and be a wedding photographer.  She was working at Nordstrom's Dept. Store and living at home with us so she could earn enough money to start her business.  She had worked for some local photographers here in the  Richmond, VA area.  She really was talented and who knows how her life might have turned out.  We have been going to a support group for homicide victim survivors that is sponsored by the local court system's victim assistance program.  It has been a wonderful help.  If you have something like that in your area, you should look into it.  If the girl who killed your son goes to trial, I hope they have someone to help you with that, too.  It's hard not to be angry every day, isn't it?  Sometimes I get so mad I just have to go off by myself and let it out!   Good luck and I'll be praying for you and your family.

Helen

She sounds very sweet. I still question why the sweet ones get taken. It's interesting when people say God needed them. I prefer to think Jordan's work here was done and his death saved another family from going through this nightmare. The girl who killed him is in jail still.  Thank God.  The weeks we don't have to go to court are better then the ones when we do. It doesn't drag it up. The D.A. on the case pretty much told me yesterday that she was a Christian. That did make me feel a little better.  Not that it will help our case a lot but at least we know she has the same beliefs we do. If I had my choice I would chose for this girl to spend at least 10 years in prison. They say that probably won't happen. It's a long story that I need to post on my profile.  Sometimes I do get really angry. I have her mom's address and I always want to write her but I haven't yet. Her mom has stalked us since the funeral. She had the nerve to show up and then the day after thanksgiving she was arrested on Jordan's grave. Freak. Just a mess.  Anyway...I am going to go to my first grief class in February. It's put on by a local Hospice care group. They deal with all ages of children who have died. I went to a candle lighting and a Memorial Tree lighting on Tuesday night. I got the info there. I know that will help me.  Thank you for praying for us. We need it!

[user=18870]missngkate[/user] wrote:

Simone, thank you for your reply.  We put a small tree on Kate's grave last year too and will do it again this year.  She was a really special girl.  She graduated from High School in 2003 and then went to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh where she got a degree in Photography.  She wanted to open  her own business and be a wedding photographer.  She was working at Nordstrom's Dept. Store and living at home with us so she could earn enough money to start her business.  She had worked for some local photographers here in the  Richmond, VA area.  She really was talented and who knows how her life might have turned out.  We have been going to a support group for homicide victim survivors that is sponsored by the local court system's victim assistance program.  It has been a wonderful help.  If you have something like that in your area, you should look into it.  If the girl who killed your son goes to trial, I hope they have someone to help you with that, too.  It's hard not to be angry every day, isn't it?  Sometimes I get so mad I just have to go off by myself and let it out!   Good luck and I'll be praying for you and your family.

Helen

Dear Simone,

I was saddened to read about your son's hospitalization and am keeping you in my prayers.  I have seen some of your posts and didn't realize how recent your loss was.  I lost my brother the same month as you lost Jordan. 

I hope that your son is able to make some connections so he too, can talk about his loss and unburden some of his pain.  My aunt lost two of her sons this year and she joined a support group for mothers who have lost children.  She has said that this has been a lifeline for her and it helps to talk to other mothers.  I hope your experience will be as positive for you.

And Helen, I am sorry for your loss.  Your daughter sounds like a wonderfully talented person. 

Peace to everyone,

Linda

Thank you so much. I love all of the prayers we get.  It's so important.  I am sorry to hear about your brother as well. I have always hated October. Now  I have a reason to really hate it. I will be starting a grief group in February. It's with a local Hospice group. I think it will help me as well.  I am glad your Aunt has found some support. I am off to bed. Did you tell your aunt about this site?

[user=18652]lynnielou[/user] wrote:

Dear Simone,

I was saddened to read about your son's hospitalization and am keeping you in my prayers.  I have seen some of your posts and didn't realize how recent your loss was.  I lost my brother the same month as you lost Jordan. 

I hope that your son is able to make some connections so he too, can talk about his loss and unburden some of his pain.  My aunt lost two of her sons this year and she joined a support group for mothers who have lost children.  She has said that this has been a lifeline for her and it helps to talk to other mothers.  I hope your experience will be as positive for you.

And Helen, I am sorry for your loss.  Your daughter sounds like a wonderfully talented person. 

Peace to everyone,

Linda

I hope everyone was able to get through the holidays. It sucked for me. It's hard to watch other people enjoy their family and just be happy and normal. We will never be normal again.  It's weird to have Christmas without my Jordan. I will say this much. It's over! January 2nd is his birthday. If I get past that the only holiday that I will have to dread is Mother's day. Oh god that is going to be hard. I miss my son so much. He was so close to my heart.  One foot in front of the other. One hour at a time if needed.

kelly   

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family