Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my husband

Tagsanstuff

• Members

I lost my husband of 13 yrs. known him for 20. He passed away on Nov 13, 2010, of Liver and Kidney failure. He was hospialized since Nov 1, and I guess the Doctors told him he did not have long to live. He choose not to tell me that he was going to die. When I brought him home, he sat in his chair, and the next morning at 9:11 am, I came running down the stairs to see if he was up and about, but instead I found him dead. It broke my heart, and I tried to scream to him to wake up, but he wouldn't. I called 911 while doing CPR on him, and the ambulance crew came and took over. they could not bring him back. they said he passed awat at 7:30, 8:00am. It was the saddest day of my life. I keep his ring and a pendent of a heart with some ashes close to my heart around my neck. both my children have pendents too that they wair. He was 52 years old when he passed, and I miss him so much. He had told me when he was in the hospital that they were able to save his Liver, but really they could not. It was too damaged. I just wish he would of told me, so I could prepair myself for this. I would of slept downstairs with him. On the way home from bringing him back from the hospital, he would not stop holding my hand. he would not let go of it. ( I had to drive) so I told him we will be home soon hon, he he fell back to sleep.

The morning he passed, 2 ladybugs were on the wall near him. I think that was a sign from him.. Plus now a lot of birds come around to my feeders and it is cold out side. I think he also plays around with my monitor. It flickered off and on a few days after he passed. I keep his pictures all around, and his spirit is still with Me and my children.. we miss him so much.

• Members

I lost my husband of 13 yrs. known him for 20. He passed away on Nov 13, 2010, of Liver and Kidney failure. He was hospialized since Nov 1, and I guess the Doctors told him he did not have long to live. He choose not to tell me that he was going to die. When I brought him home, he sat in his chair, and the next morning at 9:11 am, I came running down the stairs to see if he was up and about, but instead I found him dead. It broke my heart, and I tried to scream to him to wake up, but he wouldn't. I called 911 while doing CPR on him, and the ambulance crew came and took over. they could not bring him back. they said he passed awat at 7:30, 8:00am. It was the saddest day of my life. I keep his ring and a pendent of a heart with some ashes close to my heart around my neck. both my children have pendents too that they wair. He was 52 years old when he passed, and I miss him so much. He had told me when he was in the hospital that they were able to save his Liver, but really they could not. It was too damaged. I just wish he would of told me, so I could prepair myself for this. I would of slept downstairs with him. On the way home from bringing him back from the hospital, he would not stop holding my hand. he would not let go of it. ( I had to drive) so I told him we will be home soon hon, he he fell back to sleep.

The morning he passed, 2 ladybugs were on the wall near him. I think that was a sign from him.. Plus now a lot of birds come around to my feeders and it is cold out side. I think he also plays around with my monitor. It flickered off and on a few days after he passed. I keep his pictures all around, and his spirit is still with Me and my children.. we miss him so much.

Elaine,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. You and the children are certainly going through a very rough time right now. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

It sounds like your husband was trying his best to spare you. How honorable his intentions were.

I've heard lots of stories about signs left by loved ones who have passed.

I'm sure you all miss him tremendously. Do you have anyone to talk to at home? Family? Friends? Pastor?

We will be here when you want to talk.

ModKonnie

Archived