Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Murder/Suicide Combined Funeral

shannon702

• Members

Hello All my name is Shannon I live in Las Vegas NV ....This past weekend my beloved uncle was brutally murdered by his step son then committed suicide 4 hours later...In the days to follow his wife who holds all legal power has decided to have a joint funeral....This is the most disrespectful and dishonoroble thing one can do....My entire family will not go and sit through a funeral where they will be also honoring the person who murdered my uncle... My uncles wife will be there with only 3 people.....Im curious to know your thoughts on combining a murder/suicide funeral......Thank you

• Members

Hello All my name is Shannon I live in Las Vegas NV ....This past weekend my beloved uncle was brutally murdered by his step son then committed suicide 4 hours later...In the days to follow his wife who holds all legal power has decided to have a joint funeral....This is the most disrespectful and dishonoroble thing one can do....My entire family will not go and sit through a funeral where they will be also honoring the person who murdered my uncle... My uncles wife will be there with only 3 people.....Im curious to know your thoughts on combining a murder/suicide funeral......Thank you

I am so very sorry for the horror and tragedy your family must be suffering through this entire ordeal. You and your family have my deepest sympathy.

I understand in some way what your aunt is thinking--they were both her family and she wants to deal with this at the same time. However, that being said, I'm sure through her shock and horror she isn't thinking about the larger picture--that one was murdered by the other. Your aunt is probably out of her mind with grief at the moment. Has anyone calmly and rationally tried to talk to her and discuss how the rest of the family feels about this? What about talking to the funeral home? The director may be able to say something to her. If not, what about the pastor conducting the service?

I hope out of respect for your uncle AND your aunt, you resolve this family crisis. Your uncle deserves to have his family pay their last respects.

ModKonnie

Archived