Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Not You

mandy77

• Members

I lost my best friend the night of my birthday in a car accident. She was 20 years old and on her way back to my birthday party.

Kasey and I were inseperable. We were together pretty much everyday since we were born. We were actually cousins and lived on the same road. We did everything together...people use to tease us that we were twins because you never seen one of us without the other. I dont think we ever went a week without talking to eachother our entire lives. And were never mad at eachother for more than 2 hours. Everything happened so fast and each day just is harder and harder. Will it ever get any easier? Im so afraid of forgetting the fun things we did with eachother and some days I just wish it was me not her.

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss. I know that for now it doesnt seem like the pain will ever go away, but I promise you it does get better. It just takes some time. It's good to give yourself time to be sad and grieve. Spending time with loved ones and people who care about you helps. I like to believe that death is just a journey we all have to take and that one day we will see our loved ones once again. But for now, trying to live our lives right is all that matters, and I hope you take comfort in knowing that your friend loved you and would want all the best for you. I know that things will get easier for you soon.

Archived