Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Sister

Sadie43

• Members

Nearly 2 years ago, my sister was taken from me. She was murdered by her husband of less than a year.  I was six months pregnant at the time and felt I could not mourn her the way I wanted, so as not to hurt the baby. There has been no closure. We were instructed by the funeral home not to view her body, it could not be an open casket, and had to wait a week to make arrangements, as her husband was legally her next of kin. We had to have her cremated, and because of never seeing body and not being able to mourn as I wanted at the time, there has never been closure for me. The trial has not started, and there is no word on when that will happen. I still wake up some days and forget, or think of something and want to call her. I watch my son hit milestones and cry because she was so excited about him, and she never got to see him. Some days it feels like numbness and some days it hurts so much I just want to scream.

• Members

Dear Sadie,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain. But I can understand what you are going through.

I too lost my brother few weeks ago. He was my identical twin. We were very close. He apparently had a cardiac arrest for no reason as he was very healthy. A part of me has gone with him.

I too feel so depressed on certain days that I don't want to even go outside my home. It feels so surreal.

It is so unfair and I share your pain. I hope God gives you closure soon and with it peace of mind.

I m here if you want to share. It surely lessens the pain.

Take care

• Members

Dear Sadie,

I am very sorry for your pain and sorrow. It is so hard.

Please know we are all here to listen to each other and support each other the best we can.

Thinking of you and your family. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Hi Sadie

How are you doing now? Hope you're holding up..

Please come back to share more whenever you're upto it..

I have you in my prayers.

May you find peace soon..

Take care

• Members

I have recently started seeing a therapist who believes I am suffering from PTSD due to the incident with my sister, and is suggesting some intensive therapy. I'm apprehensive about it, but I think I'm going to do it.

• Members

Hi

I too have started online counseling through video calls. Had one session completely broke down..but it helped

Will go for other sessions soon

Btw is it ok to not feel anything one day like nothing has happened and be completely overwhelmed the next??

Does it happen to you guys as well?

Archived