Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

All Dogs ago To Heaven

Nunu’s Mommy

• Members

Wow KayC that is terrible about your nephew. I certainly feel lucky to not have much loss in my life but I feel more vulnerable. I am not well prepared mentally. It is why I think you on this forum are such a presence. People who have walked it so many times before to help others. 

• Moderators

It happened in my sister's accident that left her quadriplegic.  You can read the story here 

• Moderators

Donna did not succumb to death as they expected...three times I've been told she had less than 24 hours to live, but she has a strong will and has pulled through.  She hasn't regained her energy this time but she's still alive and fighting...and she's back to eating three meals a day again.  We're hoping to be able to take her out once more...we, her sisters and my daughter, used to take her out once a month, but now it's only to celebrate birthdays, we come from all over the state, one blind, one in a walker, and Donna in her wheelchair.  Our bond is strong.

• Members

I've just read the post about Donna, KayC I'm so so sorry, what an awful thing to have lived through, so much sadness and heartache, life just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

• Moderators

Life isn't fair, but what impresses me about her that is even though she lost her husband and children, her ability to walk or even speak so people could understand her, she lost her abilities, all of the things she was so good at doing...she still wants to live.  I find that pretty amazing.

• Members

She sounds amazing, not only did she survive the initial accident but has also survived the last 50 years with such awful injuries, it shows real strength of character.

• Moderators

Yeah...the first couple of years she'd scream a lot, she wanted us to kill her.  (That is the epitome of helplessness, when you can't even kill yourself.) But little by little she began to adjust and became content with her life and she learned to focus on the good that there is...something good to read, people around that care about you, something good to eat...

Archived