Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

All Dogs ago To Heaven

Nunu’s Mommy

• Members
Nunu’s Mommy

l lost my yorkie of twelve years last night. He’s my baby boy. I can’t stop crying. He was my lap dog and snuggle partner. I can’t believe he’s gone. I miss him dearly. Walking my other Yorkie today didn’t feel right without Nunu. The tears won’t stop. 

5925751D-7C99-412F-BB6F-1D93BEFDA002.png

5D595BD5-7B08-4ADF-B07E-A5009A08C2C3.jpeg

• Members

Hi @Nunu’s Mommy I’m so sorry to hear of your loss , I’m on day 3 now without my beloved best friend I feel ok for about the first hour I wake up then it hits me again so badly , I feel you’re pain and it’s the worse kind , we love them so much and don’t want them to suffer but when there gone part of us goes with them . Like myself your other doggy will help you through mine is the biggest comfort to me at this moment , try to remember the amazing years you had , I know it’s so so hard . This forum has helpers me so much I cannot believe how calming it is . I’m so sorry again but he will be running around over the rainbow bridge now with all the others . We’re all here if you need to talk , I’m going to work now but no doubt will be on here later when I’m feeling weak or lonely again through the day . Take care 

• Members
Nunu’s Mommy

Thank You so much for those comforting words. Yes you’re right it hits me every so often and I miss him more. I’m just looking at all the pictures we took through the years and feel proud to have mothered him for all his years of living.

Nunu’s mom

19DB12D3-42BA-46E4-ABF2-B68CA519F070.jpeg

• Members

Aw @Nunu’s Mommy he is so lovely , I’ve just arrived at work and started to fill up nobody knows what to say to me o don’t think . It’s so so hard I went out and bought 3 frames and put Rebel pictures next to my bed bed in the front room so I can see him all the time, I keep turning round looking for them both , I think your like myself then had such long lives today is feeling slightly easier but I know it will hit me again later . 

1640D34C-1E39-4E15-A482-70969B0FD64F.png

• Members
Nunu’s Mommy

I did the same thing. I framed two pictures of my sweet boy. I keep questioning whether I made the right decision. I couldn’t watch him lose his vitality. He was a nurturing companion. He needed to be next to me at all times and I believed I loved having him next to me more than anything. 

Nunu’s Mom

43AE3441-755E-4C53-88BF-5169581DF4F7.jpeg

• Members

@Nunu’s Mommy you did the right thing I’m still having the guilt ad we speak , my mum saw him and was crying saying it’s time she hadn’t seen him for a month and he had changed so much so thin with not eating , his tail wasn’t wagging he had enough , there the brave ones were the ones who have to struggle with the loss , I’ve bern ok at work but it’s hitting me again now and the knot in my stomach is back :( I hate it so much but I’m just trying to think of the good times , roll on home time it drains you feeling sad 

• Moderators

I am so sorry.  Nunu is beautiful and I can only imagine what you are feeling right now.  It's so hard to go through.  Been through it too many times.  Dogs are the most wonderful creatures, so devoted and loving. Wishing comfort and peace for you.

• Members

Hello everyone. Specially Nunu’s Mommy

I'm sorry you lost your baby. I lost my little chihuahua Porkchop this past Saturday. Porkchop was 13, in the last month he deteriorated, he went from being happy and jumpy to us taking him to the doctor because he was peeing too much and drinking too much water, once at the vet they found his pancreas was done, he had a tumor in his little liver, a tumor on his adrenal glands, he instantly became a diabetic. Took him to the ER.. spend 4 days there, got out of there, took him home, I was injecting insulin twice a day. Them Saturday he got a high fever of 103, vomiting, took him again to the doctor.. I knew it wasn't good, I spoke to the doctor after he said mom, Porkchop will be ok and then get back here he will never be the same, he lost weight, you could feel his little spine and ribs, still wagging his little tail.. all in one week. I asked the doctor, "Doctor please, tell me the truth? If he was your puppy, what would you do? He said, I wouldn't let him suffer" so.. I made the decision, called my ex husband and 15 year old son, called my 21 year old daughter and we all met at the doctor's office to put my little baby to sleep. The hardest thing I have ever done, we were all there, holding him, kissing him, his little head resting on my hand, i saw his little eyes close for the last time.. there he was, this tiny little body just limp, like he was taking a deep nap, we were a mess, so bad that the doctor actually cried and told me he was sorry. As i'm writing this, I have the biggest lump in my throat, I feel the pain right in the center of my chest, like it's going to explode, I go home and I keep looking for him, when I do chores around the house, when I get home from work, at night seating in the couch with my husband, everything I do, my Porchy was always there.. It feels like you can't breathe.

Now I check on my kids constantly, seat next to my son every night and we cry together, my daughter used to sleep with him every night, she said she had a dream he was sleeping next to her but then realized it was a blanket.. we are completely devastated, sometimes I wonder if we are going to ever be the same. He wasn't a dog, he was my child, our baby, our companion, he made us laugh, he was funny, he was tiny, he had a funny name, he was my daughter's first love and my son's little brother.

Today is day 4 and it feels like a long life sentence. I have another Dog, a Golden, Nana. She is 8 and she is depressed.. even trying to hug her hurts because he is gone.

So you see  Nunu’s MommyI understand your pain. we are all going thru it at home form Nana to myself, my family members, my friends.

I can tell you it will get a little bit better, not the pain but the crying. you will question if you did the right thing, if maybe there was something else you could have done, if you were the best mom..  talk about it, cry, scream, dont go to work or do, write, do whatever you have to in order to feel better, it will make you feel better.

This is making me feel like I am not alone, there are other that feel this horrible pain and understand you.

I have not move any of his little things, his little beds all over the house, his toys, his crate.. I can't, not yet.. maybe one day, not now, not today. You do the same. when you are ready you are ready. 

One good thing you can do which I did is honoring his life, I went online and I made 2 blankets for my kids with beautiful pictures of him, now they both can sleep with porkchop and a coffee mug for me.  your dog was not just a dog, he was family honor him like one. Write, read, talk, hang in there.

i read this and sent it to the kids, maybe this can help any of you guys. https://www.thespruce.com/grief-after-beloved-pet-death-1117494   

I'm sorry to all of you, I just went on and on but I think I also want to help myself. please give me tips if you have any.

To all of us that have lost a doggie, I am so sorry for your loss and may god give us the comfort and understanding to accept this.

xoxo

• Members
Nunu’s Mommy
1 hour ago, Rosello said:

Thank you this was so comforting to read. You feel my same sentiments. Nunu was an awesome son. He reminds me of myself humble, loveable, but feisty. I think about him and his favorite spots in the house. One being on the bed. He was so small I always had to pick him up and put him on the bed  I miss doing that now  

Nunu’s Mom 

CC9C4C46-8990-4D69-BE63-168EB3642C24.jpeg

• Members
5 minutes ago, Nunu’s Mommy said:

I feel the love from this group. Thank You for your heartfelt responses. It’s so comforting 

He was a beautiful little dog.  Hang in there, we will make it thru this. give love to your other little pup. they go thru depression too.

Here are some ideas I read for my Nana.    https://www.thespruce.com/dogs-and-grief-1118470

• Members
Nunu’s Mommy
3 hours ago, Rosello said:

Thank You Rosello xo

Thank you this was so comforting to read. You feel my same sentiments. Nunu was an awesome son. He reminds me of myself humble, loveable, but feisty. I think about him and his favorite spots in the house. One being on the bed. He was so small I always had to pick him up and put him on the bed  I miss doing that now  

Nunu’s Mom 

• Moderators

Rosello,

I read your heartbreaking story...it could be any of us writing it, it is so hard to lose them, you're right, they're a member of our family.

I look at Nunu's sweet face and my heart breaks for Nunu's Mommy.  This is hard.

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Rosello,

I read your heartbreaking story...it could be any of us writing it, it is so hard to lose them, you're right, they're a member of our family.

I look at Nunu's sweet face and my heart breaks for Nunu's Mommy.  This is hard.

Thank you KayC

Today is a little better. its up an down, same for the kids. I know its going to be a while. i took the day off tomorrow, I want to spend the day with the kids and my other dog Nana, she looks sad. I feel bad for her, we all go to work and school and she stays home alone. I fortunately live in Florida and we have 85 degree weather right now. maybe take them to the beach.  

• Members
22 hours ago, Nunu’s Mommy said:

Nunu’s Mom 

Nunu’s Mommy How are you doing today?

• Members
Nunu’s Mommy

Thank You for asking. Today I woke up an decided to pray. I thought this would be the only way to conquer losing someone so close. Glad to say Jesus stepped right in. I feel much much better. I looked forward to all of the groups responses. It also helps me cope. Sharing my Nunu with you all helps me so much. Thanks

Nunu’s Mom

bathtime he hated the dryer. 

17F25151-1A90-414D-85CB-A0F235C779F6.jpeg

• Members
2 hours ago, Nunu’s Mommy said:

Thank You for asking. Today I woke up an decided to pray. I thought this would be the only way to conquer losing someone so close. Glad to say Jesus stepped right in. I feel much much better. I looked forward to all of the groups responses. It also helps me cope. Sharing my Nunu with you all helps me so much. Thanks

Nunu’s Mom

bathtime he hated the dryer. 

17F25151-1A90-414D-85CB-A0F235C779F6.jpeg

It helps to talk about it and to read other people going thru the same sad situation. I'm sorry. he was beautiful, so little like my little porkchop. It's a sad and long process to get rid of the overwhelming sadness.. I woke up last night and I woke my husband up, I told him I saw porkchop standing close to my bed.. it was the edge of his little bed that I can't move yet, still seating there. 

• Members

they just called. his little ashes are ready to be picked up. I dont know how to feel.

this sucks. I'm angry that this happened.

• Members
Nunu’s Mommy
3 hours ago, Rosello said:

they just called. his little ashes are ready to be picked up. I dont know how to feel.

this sucks. I'm angry that this happened.

Feel better. Porkchop is ok now. Put him to rest. Think of the happy times. 

Nunu’s Mom 

• Moderators

Nunu's Mommy, I'm glad prayers helped, that's what I do too.  And Porkchop is at rest, that's always hard to do but I hope it helps you with bringing happier memories from your time together.

Rosello, did you get to the beach with Nana?  Hoping taking the day off with her helped at least.  Did you pick up the ashes?

• Members

I've just been reading your posts about Nunu, I'm so sorry you're haveing to go through this pain, it's just the worst.  I love the idea of having a mug made to honour thier memory, having a cup of tea and giving my baby girl a treat go hand in hand.

• Members

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I was very upset this weekend. The vet called to get the ashes on Thursday night. Once I got there and I saw this little container, I broke down. horrible. They gave us a little paw print I order and a little certificate, it was very cute. His name is engraved in the urn. Its really sweet. still very upsetting. I am buying a little shelf / square shadow box to put him there, in our family room, where he used to hang out with all of us.  I took Nana walking this weekend, didn't make it to the beach, i was just not in the mood.

Nana was dropped at the Vet for a check up this morning,  I'm paranoid now, thinking what if something happens to her too. she is also a little older. 8 years old. She is probably the one having a rough time now, she's not eating and looks really sad. 

Overall we are all doing a little better, thank you guys for checking up on me. it will get better. This morning I got to work and my coworkers got me a little Pandora charm of a doggie bone, very sweet.. I started crying. 

How are you Nunu’s MommyAre you feeling a little better?

• Members

@Rosello so sorry to Year you have been so upset , I didn’t get the ashes and I have felt guilt ever since but I knew I wouldn’t be able to look at them or bare to scatter them . It sounds kind your work colleuges are lovely and getting you a pandora charm is so sweet , you will always have that close with you . I’m sat here with Marley he is so clingy at the moment and the minute I sit in the sofa he wants to be sat besides me , it’s so strange that his personality has changed since Rebel has gone to Rainbow Bridge . Stay strong @Rosallo we are all here for you . And the little shelf you are getting sounds lovely and a great tribute 

• Members

Thank you Alison 1975  I want to do a little service for him tomorrow night. maybe get together and say something about him and then put him on the shelf. we all agreed. I think it would help. Nana has an ear infection and they found a little lump on her chest, need to bring her back for a biopsy next week. I'm sure is nothing major. 

And when it comes to the ashes, dont feel bad, I get why you didn't do it. we all deal with this different, doesn't mean is wrong or right.

• Members
Nunu’s Mommy
2 hours ago, Rosello said:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I was very upset this weekend. The vet called to get the ashes on Thursday night. Once I got there and I saw this little container, I broke down. horrible. They gave us a little paw print I order and a little certificate, it was very cute. His name is engraved in the urn. Its really sweet. still very upsetting. I am buying a little shelf / square shadow box to put him there, in our family room, where he used to hang out with all of us.  I took Nana walking this weekend, didn't make it to the beach, i was just not in the mood.

Nana was dropped at the Vet for a check up this morning,  I'm paranoid now, thinking what if something happens to her too. she is also a little older. 8 years old. She is probably the one having a rough time now, she's not eating and looks really sad. 

Overall we are all doing a little better, thank you guys for checking up on me. it will get better. This morning I got to work and my coworkers got me a little Pandora charm of a doggie bone, very sweet.. I started crying. 

I went back to work today. Of course my co workers asked how my boys were and as I told them Nunu passed I cried. They were so sympathetic and consoled me. I’m a teacher and I had to retell my students what happened I cried as well all my students hugged  and prayed for me. It was a wonderful feeling how empathetic and loving High School students can be. I’m really happy they were so concerned about me. The days have been better. Day by day it gets a little easier. I miss him dearly I found the sweetest picture of him this morning going through my phone. 

Thanks @Rosello

Nunu’s Mom 

F5F892C6-BA13-4898-BA36-B43247CFD0C6.png

• Members
On 2/22/2018 at 5:34 PM, Nunu’s Mommy said:

Feel better. Porkchop is ok now. Put him to rest. Think of the happy times. 

Nunu’s Mom 

Rosello..... I just picked up Oliver's ashes today and it was very emotional. I cried and cried. It is good to have his little urn with me now. I finally have some peace. Let yourself cry.... It helps.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Rosello said:

Hi Everyone,

All of these things are meaningful, and I think it's really sweet that your coworkers got you the doggie bone charm.  I hope Nana starts feeling better, give her lots of love!

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Alison 1975 said:

I’m sat here with Marley he is so clingy at the moment and the minute I sit in the sofa he wants to be sat besides me , it’s so strange that his personality has changed since Rebel has gone to Rainbow Bridge

Ohh, poor Marley, I hope he comes through this okay.  Usually it just takes time.  My Lucky (dog) and Miss Mocha (cat) are the two that I saw grieve the hardest of my pets but they did eventually adjust.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Teton said:

Rosello..... I just picked up Oliver's ashes today and it was very emotional. I cried and cried. It is good to have his little urn with me now. I finally have some peace. Let yourself cry.... It helps.

It is emotional!  I remember picking up my husband's ashes, it was so hard to think of him being reduced to ash.  I've never had a pet cremated but may when my Arlie's time comes because he's too big for me to bury without a backhoe.  And I think it'd be comforting to have him with me in some form.  I think the shadowbox sounded like a good idea, could put their collar there too.

I'm sorry it was so hard for you.  :(

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Nunu’s Mommy said:

I went back to work today. Of course my co workers asked how my boys were and as I told them Nunu passed I cried. They were so sympathetic and consoled me. I’m a teacher and I had to retell my students what happened I cried as well all my students hugged  and prayed for me. It was a wonderful feeling how empathetic and loving High School students can be. I’m really happy they were so concerned about me. The days have been better. Day by day it gets a little easier. I miss him dearly I found the sweetest picture of him this morning going through my phone. 

Thanks @Rosello

Nunu’s Mom 

F5F892C6-BA13-4898-BA36-B43247CFD0C6.png

I'm glad your students were so caring, that helps.  And this picture is so adorable, I love his coloring!

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Rosello said:

Thank you Alison 1975  I want to do a little service for him tomorrow night. maybe get together and say something about him and then put him on the shelf. we all agreed. I think it would help. Nana has an ear infection and they found a little lump on her chest, need to bring her back for a biopsy next week. I'm sure is nothing major. 

And when it comes to the ashes, dont feel bad, I get why you didn't do it. we all deal with this different, doesn't mean is wrong or right.

I hope his service is special and brings all of you comfort.  I hope all is well with Nana.

• Members
On 2/26/2018 at 6:46 PM, Teton said:

Hi everyone. Thank you for your messages.  We are all doing better. still haven't done the little service for Porchy, my daughter has been working until 10 pm every night and we all work during the day. but honestly I think we have been trying to avoid this. Sunday and Monday its probably gonna be the day. I think the crying stage passed, now its the sadness and the silence that is roaming at home, Nana is the one that is really sad, not eating too much. She just mopes around, we are trying to walk her more, new toys, more attention.. Vet says dogs can be depressed from 5 to 10 weeks.. :-(

It's funny that people that don't have pets cant understand this, it's like you feel embarrassed to say how much grief you are going thru. Luckily every one around me loves animals so it's comforting. I went to pet smart yesterday for dog food and I got really sad, had too get out of there.. I got to the cashier and I started to tell this 18 year old kid that my doggie had passed and I was very sad being there.. What a freak I am! I thought.. you had to see this kid's face.. he was like... ok Maam.. sorry.. its $26.50.. lol.  that was funny.. sad but funny..

Everything is different, its funny how such a little dog can make you so full. Nana and Porkchop used to terrorize the lawn mowers guys.. they were mowing the lawn yesterday, she did't even move.. it was him!!  little instigator!!  me and my husband laughed.. I think the good, funny memories are kicking in.. :-)

• Members
On 2/27/2018 at 10:26 AM, KayC said:

I'm glad your students were so caring, that helps.  And this picture is so adorable, I love his coloring!

That is great! I'm happy they were sympathetic to your pain. I hope you are getting better. we all are.

• Members
On 2/26/2018 at 6:46 PM, Teton said:

I'm so sorry.. I know how it feels. I was hysterical. it's so real at that point. I'm sorry. 

• Members

So you guys can see my babies.  Jesus i just got really sad. :-(

porkchop puppy.png

Porkchop Adult.png

ashes.jpg

Nana.jpg

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Rosello said:

I got to the cashier and I started to tell this 18 year old kid that my doggie had passed and I was very sad being there.. What a freak I am! I thought.. you had to see this kid's face.. he was like... ok Maam.. sorry.. its $26.50.. lol.  that was funny.. sad but funny..

This brought a smile as I imagined his discomfort, bless his heart!  

I also smiled as I read that it was Porkchop all the while instigating (with the lawn guys), pretty funny.  I'm glad you're starting to smile some at the good memories.  Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.  What a powerful little bundle he was, how they insert themselves into our lives until we can't imagine life without them.  It IS hard to continue without them here, the memories now have to sustain us.  I swear the older I get the harder I am hit with my pets' passings...

• Members

It also made me smile and is something I can see myself doing in the coming days. 

I agree KayC, I do think I am getting hit harder by these passings than when I was younger, I wonder if it's a build of of grief, that each one is another layer onto of all the other losses or if it's that as we go through life we get more jaded by the loses and life and have less significant people in our lives that our furbabies take a bigger and more prominent place in our lives and hearts.

• Members
On 3/3/2018 at 8:25 AM, KayC said:

This brought a smile as I imagined his discomfort, bless his heart!  

I also smiled as I read that it was Porkchop all the while instigating (with the lawn guys), pretty funny.  I'm glad you're starting to smile some at the good memories.  Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.  What a powerful little bundle he was, how they insert themselves into our lives until we can't imagine life without them.  It IS hard to continue without them here, the memories now have to sustain us.  I swear the older I get the harder I am hit with my pets' passings...

ha ha ha ...  it was funny..  my husband says Nana doesn't have to show off or fight for attention. he was the trouble maker. lol

• Members
20 hours ago, Sarah&Ava said:

It also made me smile and is something I can see myself doing in the coming days. 

I agree KayC, I do think I am getting hit harder by these passings than when I was younger, I wonder if it's a build of of grief, that each one is another layer onto of all the other losses or if it's that as we go through life we get more jaded by the loses and life and have less significant people in our lives that our furbabies take a bigger and more prominent place in our lives and hearts.

There is a saying in Spanish " mientras mas conozco a la gente, mas quiero a mi perro"  means " The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog"

It's true.. I read something once, that said that the reason people sometimes grief the loss of a pet harder than a person is because a dog loves you no matter what, whether you're black or white, ugly, beautiful, fat, skinny, tall, short.. it doesn't matter.. they love you unconditionally, they just love you for you. sadly us humans dont give that.  I'm not trying to take from us, our kids, our parents, the loss of a love one but sadly is true. Sometimes we lose someone that we loved and had great memories but 99% of the time we also had arguments, fights, bad memories, disagreements etc..  with Dogs, pets, we dont. It's love all the way.   :-(

• Members

Rosello I couldn't have put it better if I tried, I love that saying :D I think you are absolutely right about the fights and baggage you carry with human relationships that just don't exist in our relationships with our fur babies. I also think it's why we feel so bad when they die for all the things we got wrong because we are ourselves flawed, we are not pure of heart like our furbabies so sometimes we are selfish, and bad tempered, we are too busy, too tired or just not thinking of anyone but ourselves which are all very human traits but these don't exist in furbabies, they are so incredibly unselfish, they are never grumpy or bad tempered , even if you wake them up, they are never too busy or preoccupied with some tv program or social media or other people, they are always eager to please no matter what and don't expect anything in return and it's when they pass we remember all of our very human failings because we become acutely aware of what we no longer have and how important and special it was.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rosello said:

There is a saying in Spanish " mientras mas conozco a la gente, mas quiero a mi perro"  means " The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog"

Oh yeah!  You've hit it on the head although I think it's a combination of other things too, when we're alone we bond with our pet, when we're raising our kids we're so busy and life so full.  Also we do accumulate grief, I've lost so many pets, so many family members now, it seems grief is very much a part of life.

• Members

I came across this earlier and think it's so beautiful I had to share it.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.

• Members
22 hours ago, Sarah&Ava said:

I came across this earlier and think it's so beautiful I had to share it.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.

That is so beautiful. I love this.

• Members
On 3/5/2018 at 11:43 AM, KayC said:

Oh yeah!  You've hit it on the head although I think it's a combination of other things too, when we're alone we bond with our pet, when we're raising our kids we're so busy and life so full.  Also we do accumulate grief, I've lost so many pets, so many family members now, it seems grief is very much a part of life.

I'm 42 years old. I had never lost a loved one. Porkchop is the first loss I've had in my life. I lost an uncle that was more than my father but I have been living in this country for almost 30 years, so it hurt but it was far away. Paternal grandparents that were also far away with years of not seeing them. My husband said to me "You are a very lucky woman, you have not experience the loss of someone close to you and you are 42.. you have no idea how bless you are" I remember looking at him like... so?  I didn't understand. This with my dog, first death and it's heartbreaking. 

• Members

Yes I am like you Rosello, I lost grandparents when I was younger and I was not that close to them. We lost my husband's father in a terrible car crash and that was awful.

6 days after my 45th b-day we lost our cat and yes it was the worst thing I have ever experienced. I would not share outside this group. It is true. It was also truly awful for my cat, (painful maybe?) he was in such distress. I hate that he left the world like that.

All I can do is focus on him at peace now. 

• Members
2 hours ago, AJWCat said:

Yes I am like you Rosello, I lost grandparents when I was younger and I was not that close to them. We lost my husband's father in a terrible car crash and that was awful.

6 days after my 45th b-day we lost our cat and yes it was the worst thing I have ever experienced. I would not share outside this group. It is true. It was also truly awful for my cat, (painful maybe?) he was in such distress. I hate that he left the world like that.

All I can do is focus on him at peace now. 

I'm sorry. That's sad to hear. at least he's resting now.  That makes us feel better. 

• Moderators

My first loss was when I was 15, I lost my three year old nephew.  I've suffered loss after loss ever since.  I don't think one loss prepares you for another loss, they're all unique, all hard in their own way, but some significantly more than others.  Those of us here, we love our animals, we don't tie them up in the backyard and ignore them, only throwing them scraps now and then.  We LOVE them, they are our companions, our family members!  They are loving and loyal and many of us prefer them to people!  They have all of the qualities we admire and wish people had.  We learn so much from them, they enrich our lives.  We are very interactive with them, and they are very much a part of our daily routine and existence.  So to lose them, it feels like we've lost a big part of ourselves...because we have.  That's why I like Sarah's quote so much.

Archived