Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom in a relationship 6 months after my dad passing

Babyg1223

• Members

My mom is now seeing another guy only 6 months after my dad's tragic passing of cancer. I'm not sure how to feel. She never left his side the whole month or so he was in the hospital and now it's like I feel like 6 months is far too short to start a relationship, especially with another guy who is going through grief himself ( he just lost his daughter). But anyways who am I to decide how long before someone moves on with life. I'm just the daughter who is still consumed with grief from missing her father.

• Members

Dear Babyg1223,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know losing your beloved father is very hard. It is understandable that you find it hard to see your mom dating another man after 6 months.

If you want to maybe consider talking to a grief counsellor or joining a support group.

Keep talking it out. Please know were are here for you as well.

Thinking of you. Sending my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
MollieMcDoodlesMom

To Babyg1223,

I am sending my condolences on the passing of your father . I also lost my father, but to heart failure, when I was younger . I know it wasn’t easy for me when my mother began dating again . I was angry and jealous for my dad . I think those feelings are normal for us children. 

I have some free reading material on how to cope with the death of a loved one and also on teen depression, which really and be beneficial to all age groups . There is no obligation, but if you need a friend to cry with or just talk, let me know. 

Sincerely,

Frances 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=we&srcid=share

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&issue=2017-02&pub=g17&srcid=share

• Members
HZ_Blitzer

I feel you my dad got married a week before the second year anniversary of my mother's death and it sucked it really sucked. But now I understand he was so lonely and he just wanted to be loved, he just missed the feeling y'know?

I think that your mother and the guy she is dating are trying to fill each other's voids but this doesn't mean you don't have the right to be angry. I mean it was only 6 months ago it's normal too feel grief much longer than that amount of time.

All I'm saying is don't be mad at your mother for too long and don't doubt your own opinions either. 

• Members
Jane Matters

I 1000% understand. I lost my mom to a brutal war of cancer, and six months after she passed my dad had a girlfriend he was introducing to the family. If you are curious as to how a spouse feels you should look at this thread my dad created. He doesnt know I know about the thread, and I'm not sure if it is ok that I read is thread, but it gave me an insight into what he was feeling. A different perspective. His thread is under the username Autocharge it is a really good thread, surprising for me, in real life he is a man of FEW WORDS, but I have come to see him in a different light. I emplor you to check it out, I think it will help you out a bit.

Archived