Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Cancer in my household (3 of 3)

Abby1008

• Members

This is part 3 of 3 (broken into parts because they're so lengthy). Following the 2017 cancer diagnosis of our German Shepherd and eventual euthanasia on Jan 31st, and our Black Lab's diagnosis with the same cancer and euthanasia March 31st... just recently, Feb. 9th, 2018, my first cat as an adult, first cat with my husband, my first baby... 9yr old Abby Cat was diagnosed with inoperable cancer. From her lymph nodes, spread throughout her body. I have cried every day, several times a day since I got the news. It started as a vet visit for an eye infection... that turned into the worst news imaginable. I'm guessing in between the 1 year anniversaries of our GS and our Lab's euthanasia's we will have yet another beloved member of our family succumb to the evils of cancer... :'(  

First picture is Abby (middle), her 'twin sister' Gabby (left) and one of her adopted babies, her "mini-me", Yoda (right). I'm guessing they know something is wrong.

Second picture is all 4 of our feline family members, all listed above plus Yoda's real sister, Billie (far right, stripes)

20180209_105500.jpg

Screenshot_20180209-190003.png

• Members

Hi Abby, They are all so adorable. I know you are well aware of the grief process since sadly, you had your losses in 2017. So sorry about your news, that is young too. :( 

• Members

Abby crossed the rainbow bridge Tuesday night at 8:15pm. She was an indoor cat but when she was a kitten I would take her out in her harness so she could lay in the grass. She loved sitting in the window watching nature. So today I took her outside and let her walk around the yard and relax in the grass for a little over 30 minutes. A couple hours later she was laying on the cool tile in the kitchen and I "heard" her calling me, though she didn't make a sound. I went to her and soon I knew that was the beginning of the end. I told my husband through broken sobs "outside. she wants to be outside" so we went and sat on the edge of the porch. She laid in my lap, smelled the light breeze, looked up at the cloudless night sky, then looked at me as if to say "I'm glad you heard me, thank you" and then took her last breaths as my husband and I told her how much we loved her. She's with her brothers now, who love her as much as we do. 

20180220_180835.jpg

• Moderators

Oh Hon, I am so sorry, yet it sounds like she went peacefully and the way SHE wanted to go, with you there with her and smelling the outdoor smells.  You're right, she's with her brothers now.  So hard to go through...

Archived