Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How to help my grieving mother. She’s lost her 37 yo son and I have lost my brother.

Denisa

• Members

I don’t seem to know how to help my grieving mother. She lost her son and I lost my brother very recently. She keeps on crying everyday and I feel helpless as I can’t make her feel any better. It breaks my heart and to make it worse I don’t live in the country and soon I have to leave as well to get back to work. I took a whole month off but can’t keep stretching it any longer. I worry about her when she’s alone and I’m not around to hold her and hug her. Any advice on what I can do when I leave ?

• Members

denisa I am sorry you lost your brother that has to be hard. It is lovely that you are trying to find some support for your mother especially when you go back home and to work. Encourage her to join us on the Loss of an adult child thread started by Mom of justin. Its at the top the one with multiple replies and over 2million views. We are all parents who have lost a child/children and we all collect there so we are all in one place and don't miss anyone. We have both seasoned members and newbies whose loss like yours is very new and offer support encouragement and a safe non judgemental place to chat and talk about our child. You may like to join the loss of a sibling thread as that is more applicable to you. Because it is online the time zones don't matter and members post as and when they can. It is a caring community that is very valuable.

Archived