Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Songs that remind you of your loved one? Music in memory of brothers and sisters <3

QueensGal8787

• Members
QueensGal8787

Hi all, just wanted to see if you had a song (or songs) to share/that remind you of your sibling? I love music, find great comfort through it, and would love to hear from anyone about songs that bring memories, comfort, or solace. It'd be cool to exchange and add to playlists.

A personal favorite of mine is "Dark Paradise" by Lana Del Rey. Reminds me of my brother <3

• Members

Hi QueensGal8787,

My middle sister died unexpectedly on April 4th (she had just turned 55 y/of end of February). She loved Art Garfunkel in high school and college. I posted his song All I Know on fb (on her 2 month anniversary). It's a beautiful but sad song, the lyrics really seem to fit what I feel. I also listen to Alice in Chains, Black Gives Way To Blue... another haunting and sad song that conveys how I feel. Take care.

• Members

picking music for my brother's memorial was all consuming. the songs are so personal and specific to him, it's hard to imagine they would apply to others.  listening to the music was hard and emotional but also healing. i listened to his playlist over and over. music was played by live musicians, so it didn't recreate the experience, but it did allow for a collective share. <3

• Members

Hi Careyboot, I agree with you. We still haven't had services for my sister because her husband can't... said too overwhelming. That is fine by me though, it would be like the final goodbye. I am not sure if he will have music or not. There are so many songs that remind me of her that other people wouldn't connect (since it is personal). It's like a few weeks ago an old Paul Simon song came on... My Little Town... I just burst into tears because my sister and I would always sing it together. You know, it's all the feelings and memories attached to music. Now whenever I listen to The Cars, it reminds me of my sister and I dancing at parties back in the 80's. Music is comforting though... it helps me release and relive those times and emotions. That is so cool you had musicians at your brother's services. What were some of the songs that remind you of him or that he liked? My sister loved the Rolling Stones, especially Keith Richards.

Archived