Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My beautiful Luna

olly41

• Members

I am so upset. I lost my 12 yr old dog yesterday. Just within 1 day, she collapsed into mud and then could not move. She tried to get up but couldnt, she kept lifting her head as we lay her in the lving room to keep her comfy. The vet refused to come out to see her as they said she was not in pain. 

We spent the day with her, talking and stroking. As she could not get up I slept downstairs next to her. My partner went to bed after cuddles and she followed him up with her eyes watching then cuddled uup to my chest with her head. I turned lights out and she moived head to the floor

I woke up an hour later and she was in exact position and did not move with slaver on the floor. I tried to wake her but no breathing but then as my partner came down, her to legs moved and into the air then dropped. Partner said no breathing and she had gone. Im scared I shocked her into death by suddenly panicking. 

I miss her so much and I am so sad. :( I feel like we let her down 

thumbnail_Luna 4.jpg

thumbnail_Luna 5.jpg

• Moderators

Oh my gosh, she's beautiful, and you didn't let her down but I'd like to get my hands on that cold heartless vet! 

She passed peacefully cradled in your arms, knowing she is loved and cared about, you can't ask for more than that.  My heart goes out to you in your loss.

• Members

Omg I can't believe the vet said that, unbelieveable.  Don't feel bad about how she died, I don't think for a minute you scared her and that caused her death, it sounds like she had some kind of heart attack/stroke/seizure when she was on her walk and that was ultimatley what she died from.  You were with her when she died and knew she was loved that goes such a long way and something that can bring you comfort that she was at home and with her special person in a place she felt safe.  Take care and let us know how you are doing.

• Members

It is crazy how sudden these things seem to happen w/ animals. It's very traumatic to be so helpless to do anything for them.

I could not have said it much better than @KayC, at least you were right there with her and it seemed, based on what you said, she passed calmly. I know that does not ease your grief. I am so sorry for your loss. She was lucky to have you.  

• Moderators

The missing them continues, it's a testament to the love we shared with them.  We do eventually adjust to or live with what it means to our lives but for the rest of our lives we miss them, at least that's been my experience.  Still so angry with the vet!  I hope you rate him/her on Yelp!

• Members

Thanks for you rkind words.

I cannot believe how fast time flies by. It has nearly been a week. House is empty. My partner has cleaned her bed and took everything out to the garage, cleaned the house. I cannot let go and so sad that all traces of her have gone. I have ordered two framed pictures of her.

I really am struggling with how time is just going by as if she never existed. I miss her so much xx

• Moderators

Those physical traces, her dish, bed, etc. may be gone but ALL traces of her still remain in your heart and will never be gone.  Hold her inside of you, she is still with you only in your heart instead of physical manifestation.

• Members

Well its been a full month now since poor Luna left me.

But I just want people to know, whatever you believe happens after death, I can assure you strange things happening last week.

She used to creep upstairs to bed as it was warmer. 

The last few days ive been sat on my own and upstairs the floor is creeking, like it used to when she got up to get us up in the morning.

I know people may think I am trying to find signs, but I can say is that the floor is creeking like its being walked on, and there is no way it can do it otherwise. It happens every now and then.

I am not a big believer but now I am sure she is still around :)  So to anyone going throught his hurt, please be assured this week has made me realise they never leave us,.

Luna 1.jpg

Luna 4.jpg

Archived