Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Devastated

annaf

• Members

I'm completely devastated. I lost my guinea pig today and I can't stop crying. I keep waiting to hear her whistle when I go upstairs and it's just silence. I didn't think it would be this hard. I am completely crushed. I miss her so much. My cat just sits where her cage was and its heartbreaking. I don't know how I'm going to get through tonight. It's very painful. 

• Members

Awww i am so sorry about your sweet little companion.  It is so hard to lose them and unfortunately everyone here completely understands just how devastated you feel right now. Just let yourself cry however much you need to.  Adjusting to life after we have to say goodbye to a furry friend takes time and it is ok be sad.  It will get better with time so try to be patient and kind to yourself.  You will meet really sweet people here who have all had to deal with loss and hopefully it will help you get through this difficult time.  big hugs sent your way.

• Guests

Aawww I'm sorry is so hard to say goodbye they become so much part of who we are, I had a guinea pig years ago and was devastated when she died, she was the first furbaby I ever lost and I can remember walking past her empty cage in the days after, it was my first taste of the bittersweet joy of having furbabies.  Take care and thinking of you.

• Members

I’m so sorry, it is devastating to lose your friend. I understand about the “silence” it can be overwhelming. If you would like to talk more about her we’re here. I personally, would love to see a picture of her - if/when you’d like to.

• Moderators

@annaf  I am so sorry.  Even your cat missing her.  We get so attached to our animals, yes it hurts, it's very hard.  We are all pulling for you and wishing you comfort and peace as you mourn the loss of your loved furbaby.

• Members

Thank you for all the replies it helps talking to people who understand. I got through the day today but last night was rough. I was fine until I got home and instinctively I looked to where her cage was cause that's what I usually do soon as I get home from work and seeing her not there just brought back all the tears again.  I am sharing a photo of her I recently found on my phone. It was the first bath I had given her. 

IMG-20131029-00163.jpg

• Moderators

Ahh, very cute, thanks for sharing!  I know it'll be tough for a good long while.  What we wouldn't give to keep them safe and happy for many more years than they actually get.

• Members

So sorry to read this! I am hope you are doing okay, your little girl was so cute. She was lucky to have you take care of her. 

Archived