Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Family member and pet died!

snowgirl

• Members

Hi, I just joined and I'm not sure what to do,  I'm so upset. Less than two weeks a family member passed away and then two days after my dog died. I can't believe this. I don't know what to do. 

• Members

Oh snowgirl that's horrible, I really feel for you, losing one is such an overwhelming truma but 2 in two weeks, that's just so sad and I'm so sorry for you.  Maybe you could share some of thier story when you feel ready.  This site is full of wonderful caring people and you will be suprised by how much love and support they will give you, I know I have been overwhelmed by the love and kindness I have received since coming here.  Please post again so we know how you are doing.

• Members

Wow that is terrible.  If it will help, you tell us a little more as sometimes it just helps to share and get it out. Was your dog in poor health?

Well, either way, I am really sorry for both of your losses. 

• Moderators

Snowgirl,

That is so hard.  It helps to talk about it with people who understand and care, and you'll find that here, we're all going through this together.  I've lost many many family members and many pets, but the fact that you have two such losses so close together makes it all the harder to deal with.  When you are able, maybe you can tell us a little about your dog (your family member too).  I send you hugs and will keep you in my prayers.

http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2016/04/in-grief-coping-with-multiple-losses.html 

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/p/pet-loss-articles.html  *Note that there are many other articles linked inside this one

Archived